IGNORED

Why don't Jews accept Jesus as the Messiah & Son of God?

Ogner

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, ironic, isn't it?   And why would God, Perfect and Holy and Lacking Nothing, Allow deception to continue so long, right up to TODAY throughout all the world and the church(es) ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

5 minutes ago, LeavesSeeds said:

Yes, ironic, isn't it?   And why would God, Perfect and Holy and Lacking Nothing, Allow deception to continue so long, right up to TODAY throughout all the world and the church(es) ?

Shalom, LeavesSeeds.

I can't say for certain, but I believe that the Jews were kept blind for the most part all these years to acquire the "fulness of the Gentiles." I believe that the Master Yeshua` the Messiah shall not return until the following is fulfilled:

Romans 11:7-29
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;)unto this day.
9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
KJV

Also, Yeshua` said,

Matthew 23:37-39
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

And, of course, Yeshua` quoted Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:25-26
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

Here's the Hebrew (transliterated):

Tehillah 118:25-26
25 Aanaa’ YHWH howshiy`aah naa’: Aanaa’ YHWH hatsliychaah naa’:
26 Baaruwkh habaa’ bsheem YHWH: Beerakhnuwkhem mibeeyt YHWH:
JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH

And, of course, "Baaruwkh habaa'" means "Welcome, comer!" It's posted in the plural at all Israeli airports and seaports! Yeshua` was telling them that they wouldn't see Him again until they could welcome Him as the Messiah from ADONAI!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Well,  that last sentence is certainly directly God's Word.

From the first sentence also - since/ if/ when the Jews were/are/will be kept blind - that's God's prerogative (remember MANY JEWS ARE ALIVE AND SAVED TODAY, IN MESSIAH, BY FAITH) .

And it almost begs the question:  why are all*

the gentiles blind today ? Is God keeping them blind for His Own Purpose ?

*except the remnant called and set apart by God for His Plan, just like all* the Jews....

15 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I agree. I know of many Jewish people who view much of Christianity as anti-semitic because Nazi's were Christian and called the Jews Christ-killers and promoted Luther's work 'The Jews and their lies' which was anti-semitic. It is simple logic to reject a religion which is believed to be anti-semitic. Why would a Jewish person want anything to do with a religion which is anti-semitic? 

When I accepted Jesus as Messiah, I had many Jewish people very angry as they thought I had betrayed the Jewish people by joining in with anti-semites. I was told I was worse then Hitler, because I was Jewish and I was believed to have joined with anti-semites. 

I know Jewish believers who believed in Jesus, despite Christianity. It is afterward that they discovered that Christianity has a lot of variation.

Were the Rabbis more ignorant than black slaves?

35 minutes ago, LeavesSeeds said:

Well,  that last sentence is certainly directly God's Word.

From the first sentence also - since/ if/ when the Jews were/are/will be kept blind - that's God's prerogative (remember MANY JEWS ARE ALIVE AND SAVED TODAY, IN MESSIAH, BY FAITH) .

And it almost begs the question:  why are all*

the gentiles blind today ? Is God keeping them blind for His Own Purpose ?

*except the remnant called and set apart by God for His Plan, just like all* the Jews....

The Gentile remnant you speak of. Are you speaking of those which are called to Messianic sacraments by divine invitation?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, Teditis said:

That's a very good question because in the early days of the Church it was the Jewish people that

were anti-Christian and even persecuted them for their beliefs.

Collectively the Jewish peoples had started out hating Christians and being taught to actively demonstrate

that hatred towards them... I would assume that the teachings of the Rabbis of that day are still taught to this

this day... the idea to reject the message of repentance of John the Baptist and the Gospel of Jesus as heresy.

In scripture, the argument was not Jew vs Christian. It was Jew vs. Jew. Some Jewish people were saying that Jesus is the Messiah, and other Jewish people were saying that Jesus wasn't the Messiah. Jews were not anti-Christian. 

The majority of Jewish people today know nothing about the NT, so know nothing about John the Baptist or about the Gospel of Jesus.

In Judaism today, and the OT, Jewish are taught that God gave the Mosaic covenant to the Jewish people. Gentiles were not obligated to the Mosaic covenant, so a Gentile is free to believe in Jesus. That means that Judaism teaches that Gentiles can be Christians. Jewish people do not hate Christians. Some fear Christians, but do not hate Christians. Some people who call themselves Christian do hate Jews.  

1 hour ago, Qnts2 said:

In scripture, the argument was not Jew vs Christian. It was Jew vs. Jew. Some Jewish people were saying that Jesus is the Messiah, and other Jewish people were saying that Jesus wasn't the Messiah. Jews were not anti-Christian. 

The majority of Jewish people today know nothing about the NT, so know nothing about John the Baptist or about the Gospel of Jesus.

In Judaism today, and the OT, Jewish are taught that God gave the Mosaic covenant to the Jewish people. Gentiles were not obligated to the Mosaic covenant, so a Gentile is free to believe in Jesus. That means that Judaism teaches that Gentiles can be Christians. Jewish people do not hate Christians. Some fear Christians, but do not hate Christians. Some people who call themselves Christian do hate Jews.  

1 hour ago, Qnts2 said:

In scripture what you say may appear correct. But in the cultural reality in which these things occurred, it is not correct. The Unbelieving Jew's were anti Christian, for both Jew and Gentile.

Religion needed to become legalized in the Roman empire. To class Jews as heretics, the Gentiles were so as well. And when they denied Christianity as non Judaism after the destruction of the temple, all Christians were an illegal religion. Jew or gentile all were illegal

21 minutes ago, Joline said:

In scripture what you say may appear correct. But in the cultural reality in which these things occurred, it is not correct. The Unbelieving Jew's were anti Christian, for both Jew and Gentile.

Religion needed to become legalized in the Roman empire. To class Jews as heretics, the Gentiles were so seen as so as well. And when they denied Christianity as non Judaism after the destruction of the temple, all Christians were an illegal religion. Jew or gentile all were illegal

A thought on this just occurred to me....The Sanhedrin which ruled in Judea, took control over their own heretics. therefore Paul went from synagogue to synagogue bringing Christian Jew's back to Jerusalem to be tried.

But once the temple was destroyed, The Roman emperor granted the Jew's a new Sanhedrin in Yavneh. This actually gave the Pharisaic rulers control over the Jewish religion within the entire empire. Declaring Christians a non Judaism, and severing Christian jews from synagogue assemblies, All Christians became illegal.

As Christ said..................

Jo 19:10  Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11  Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

25 minutes ago, Joline said:

A thought on this just occurred to me....The Sanhedrin which ruled in Judea, took control over their own heretics. therefore Paul went from synagogue to synagogue bringing Christian Jew's back to Jerusalem to be tried.

But once the temple was destroyed, The Roman emperor granted the Jew's a new Sanhedrin in Yavneh. This actually gave the Pharisaic rulers control over the Jewish religion within the entire empire. Declaring Christians a non Judaism, and severing Christian jews from synagogue assemblies, All Christians became illegal.

As Christ said..................

Jo 19:10  Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11  Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Oh, and included in Judaism being a legal religion in the Roman Empire.....

Jew's also were given a special exemption from Idol's, and Emperor worship as well.

Once declared an illegal religion under Judaism,,,,All, not only became illegal, but lost their exemption from Idol's and Emperor worship as well. Which upon persecution would certainly be tried as a way to expose these illegals.

I wonder why the Church lost it's so called Jewishness................................... so early on too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

2 hours ago, Joline said:

Oh, and included in Judaism being a legal religion in the Roman Empire.....

Jew's also were given a special exemption from Idol's, and Emperor worship as well.

Once declared an illegal religion under Judaism,,,,All, not only became illegal, but lost their exemption from Idol's and Emperor worship as well. Which upon persecution would certainly be tried as a way to expose these illegals.

I wonder why the Church lost it's so called Jewishness................................... so early on too.

Shalom, Joline.

Why did the Church lose it's so-called "Jewishness?" It's because in the fourth century A.D., the Jewish believers who maintained their Jewish traditions were outlawed by the newly formed Roman Church with its many anti-Semitic constituents! Those who claimed to be "Christian" betrayed other Christian believers because they were Jewish!