IGNORED

Why don't Jews accept Jesus as the Messiah & Son of God?

Ogner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I agree. I know of many Jewish people who view much of Christianity as anti-semitic because Nazi's were Christian and called the Jews Christ-killers and promoted Luther's work 'The Jews and their lies' which was anti-semitic. It is simple logic to reject a religion which is believed to be anti-semitic. Why would a Jewish person want anything to do with a religion which is anti-semitic? 

When I accepted Jesus as Messiah, I had many Jewish people very angry as they thought I had betrayed the Jewish people by joining in with anti-semites. I was told I was worse then Hitler, because I was Jewish and I was believed to have joined with anti-semites. 

I know Jewish believers who believed in Jesus, despite Christianity. It is afterward that they discovered that Christianity has a lot of variation.

Was that really true, they really do? 

9 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Yes, one orthodox jewish woman I know was ostracized for becoming a believer. It was a rough time for her. 

For what?

11 hours ago, LeavesSeeds said:

Hitler was a bad man supported by many churches and thought by many during his rise to power to be a 'christian' ..... that's history.

Do you ban wikipedia?

The religious views of Adolf Hitler are a matter of debate, with a consensus of scholars agreeing that Hitler was not a Christian and was skeptical of religion generally. According to Alan Bullock, Hitler was a rationalist and materialist "who believed neither in God nor in conscience", but who opportunistically employed the language of "divine providence" in defence of his own myth. When young, Hitler was baptised and confirmed in the Roman Catholic Church and raised by an anti-clerical father and practising Catholic mother. In adulthood, he became disdainful of Christianity, but retained some respect for the organisational power of the Church. Although he was prepared to delay conflicts for political reasons, according to Kershaw, Bullock, Evans, Fest, Phayer, Shirer and others, he eventually hoped to eradicate Christianity in Germany. Prosecutors at the Nuremberg Trials submitted that Hitler engaged in a slow and cautious policy to eliminate Christianity. Historians such as Fischel and Dill have written that if the regime could not eradicate Christianity, it hoped instead to subjugate or distort it to a Nazi world view. Steigmann-Gall interprets Hitler's language to mean that Hitler held Jesus in high esteem as an "Aryan fighter" who struggled against Jewry, but notes that, over time, his Nazi movement became "increasingly hostile to the churches".

According to Kershaw, Hitler was "a very private, even secretive individual", able to deceive "even hardened critics" as to his true beliefs. His anti-Christian world view is evidenced in the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Albert Speer, and transcripts of Hitler's private conversations recorded by Martin Bormann in Hitler's Table Talk. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

Jewish people embody Hitler's dreams and his hopes to eradicate Christianity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

54 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Was that really true, they really do? 

Yes, it is true.  Not all Jewish believers experience it to the extent I did  but many do. The Jewish experience for centuries is that Christianity persecutes Jewish people. Shiloh gave a list of just some of the things Christianity has done to the Jewish people. 

In my life, I have had many people call me a Christ-killer and filthy Jew, etc. These were people who didn't know me. They had asked if I was a Jew and when I said yes, it became unpleasant to say the least. Because of that, if I was asked if I was a Jew, I did not respond. 

As I have said before, Jewish people usually would not read books of other religions, just as Christians do not read books of other religions. But, because of the actions of Christians over the years and personal experiences, it is assumed that the NT is anti-semitic. We have all met very nice friendly Gentiles, but most of these are not terribly religious. It seemed that the more religious, the more likely the person is anti-semitic. Persecution from Christians usually comes with statements like Christ-killer, so it seems to be anti-semitism because of Christianity.  

57 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Yes, it is true.  Not all Jewish believers experience it to the extent I did  but many do. The Jewish experience for centuries is that Christianity persecutes Jewish people. Shiloh gave a list of just some of the things Christianity has done to the Jewish people. 

In my life, I have had many people call me a Christ-killer and filthy Jew, etc. These were people who didn't know me. They had asked if I was a Jew and when I said yes, it became unpleasant to say the least. Because of that, if I was asked if I was a Jew, I did not respond. 

As I have said before, Jewish people usually would not read books of other religions, just as Christians do not read books of other religions. But, because of the actions of Christians over the years and personal experiences, it is assumed that the NT is anti-semitic. We have all met very nice friendly Gentiles, but most of these are not terribly religious. It seemed that the more religious, the more likely the person is anti-semitic. Persecution from Christians usually comes with statements like Christ-killer, so it seems to be anti-semitism because of Christianity.  

In general,  the Jews reject Jesus as Savior because they are ignorant and practice collective responsibility towards Christians for what Hitler or another one like he did.
At the same time, it should be noted that the Jews do not practice collective responsibility towards themselves for killing Jesus. 

Qnts2, did I understand you correctly?

Guest Teditis
34 minutes ago, Ogner said:

In general,  the Jews reject Jesus as Savior because they are ignorant and practice collective responsibility towards Christians for what Hitler or another one like he did.
At the same time, it should be noted that the Jews do not practice collective responsibility towards themselves for killing Jesus. 

Qnts2, did I understand you correctly?

That's a very good question because in the early days of the Church it was the Jewish people that

were anti-Christian and even persecuted them for their beliefs.

Collectively the Jewish peoples had started out hating Christians and being taught to actively demonstrate

that hatred towards them... I would assume that the teachings of the Rabbis of that day are still taught to this

this day... the idea to reject the message of repentance of John the Baptist and the Gospel of Jesus as heresy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

..from Hebrew Streams:

IT'S A COMMON TEACHING that the Jews of the first century rejected Jesus as the Messiah and that every Jewish generation has done so ever since.

As with many teachings passed down from our elders and through urban legends, it's not exactly what happened—at least according to the New Testament. The NT portrays the Jewish people as being of divided opinion about him, not a unified, complete, hostile rejection. And it has also been the Jewish response over the centuries.

Countless Jews have believed in and followed Jesus, both in his own day and throughout history. Thousands of "Yeshua-believing" Jews are living in Israel today and throughout the earth.

But their stories have largely been discounted or suppressed by the Jewish community as aberrations and acts of apostasy.

Ironically, the Gentile Church over time also hushed up stories about Orthodox Jews who followed Jesus yet remained practicing, observant Jews. In the eyes of the Church, these "believers" were heretical: an embarrassing repudiation of universal, catholic (non-Jewish) Christianity.

So the Synagogue and Church have inadvertently conspired for most of history to conceal the truth: Not all Jews rejected Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Very Good !

Yes,   the Jews behave just like the gentiles ! ( "human" ) (evil, wicked, stupid, ignorant, blind, sons of disobedience, etc etc etc )

58 minutes ago, Ogner said:

At the same time, it should be noted that the Jews do not practice collective responsibility towards themselves for killing Jesus....

p.s. Thanks for looking up and posting verification h**ler was a 'christian'.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

24 minutes ago, LeavesSeeds said:

..from Hebrew Streams:

IT'S A COMMON TEACHING that the Jews of the first century rejected Jesus as the Messiah and that every Jewish generation has done so ever since.

As with many teachings passed down from our elders and through urban legends, it's not exactly what happened—at least according to the New Testament. The NT portrays the Jewish people as being of divided opinion about him, not a unified, complete, hostile rejection. And it has also been the Jewish response over the centuries.

Countless Jews have believed in and followed Jesus, both in his own day and throughout history. Thousands of "Yeshua-believing" Jews are living in Israel today and throughout the earth.

But their stories have largely been discounted or suppressed by the Jewish community as aberrations and acts of apostasy.

Ironically, the Gentile Church over time also hushed up stories about Orthodox Jews who followed Jesus yet remained practicing, observant Jews. In the eyes of the Church, these "believers" were heretical: an embarrassing repudiation of universal, catholic (non-Jewish) Christianity.

So the Synagogue and Church have inadvertently conspired for most of history to conceal the truth: Not all Jews rejected Jesus.

Shalom, LeavesSeeds.

That is SO ironic! "In the eyes of the Church, these 'believers' were heretical: an embarrassing repudiation of universal, catholic (non-Jewish) Christianity." How can the "church" be "universal, catholic," and exclude the Jews?!

1 Corinthians 12:12-14
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
KJV

Romans 9:22-24
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
KJV

Romans 3:25-31
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
KJV

Ephesians 2:11-22
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
KJV

To whom is Paul talking? He's talking to the Gentile Ephesians, the "Uncircumcision!" That's one of the things that attracted me to the Messianic Synagogue the most: We can continue to be Jews just as the Gentiles can continue to be Gentiles, but we become ONE in the Messiah! Jews and Gentiles worshipping God together as it was ALWAYS MEANT TO BE!

So, what I find extremely ironic is that the Jews of the first century were instructed to allow the Gentiles into their congregation, but the pendulum swung too far in the opposite direction, and once the Gentiles were in charge of the congregation, they DISALLOWED the Jews to be a part of it! Wow.

Oh, and by the way, Hitler may have been a "Christian" in name, but he was HARDLY a true believer. He was a "Christian" in name only, whether he disavowed it later or not, because he CERTAINLY did not do what Christ - the Messiah - would have done, the Will of His Father!