• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

you know I cant pin point a specific time or event when I accepted the Lord-- I know I have and that I believe in him by faith but don't remember when it happened--- do you folks have a specific time you can point to or is ambiguous acceptance of the Lord common????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

you know I cant pin point a specific time or event when I accepted the Lord-- I know I have and that I believe in him by faith but don't remember when it happened--- do you folks have a specific time you can point to or is ambiguous acceptance of the Lord common????

It is usually a specific time and place, and you will also find that in Scripture. But that does not mean that your salvation is not valid if you have the inner witness of the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings woundeddog

Fantastic question! When I was younger & in my early walk with Jesus,I question my Salvation many times because of this particular thing

I came to the Understanding of many things I could never have imagined,the Understanding of being "chosen" by God,pre-ordained,election and that from a wee child I knew my Lord & Savior,,,,,,,,,,,my years in the "wilderness" were not because I was not Saved',if it were NOT for the Grace of God I would never have survived my years in darkness & being up close and personal with the enemy,,,,,

The specific moment of calling out to my Savior was not the moment of Salvation but the moment I relinquished "self" not to hinder the Power of the Holy Spirit in which I am indwelled,that was the moment the "delusion" was lifted & I Understood that I never again wanted to try to walk ALONE,,,,,,my Relationship with Jesus only grew,flourished & became what it is today because -lol    God gave me enough rope to hang myself

I am Saved,there is no question &n there was no "Aha Jesus moment",I knew Jesus as my LOrd & Saviour from my earliest recollection,,,,,Glory to God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest Butero

I don't know the calendar date, but I do remember the time I prayed the "sinner's prayer" and what led to it.  I do agree with Kwik about pre-destination and election, and that God chooses us, but I also believe that led me to make a decision to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On June 12, 2016 at 3:01 PM, woundeddog said:

If you shall read Eph. in the second chapter, you'll find the DEAD sinner cannot ACCEPT when he is "without strength", Rom. 5.6 Authorized King James Bible.

You had what is known as the first birth, Jn. 5.24, 1 Jn 5.1, then the second; see also Jn 3.3-8; Rom. 8.6-7; 2 Cor. 5.15-17; 1 Pet. 2.2.

Worrying about that tangential moment is sinful per Jesus' Mt. six sermon. What did Phillipians four tell you to think upon?

Edited by Sovran Grace Baptist

3 minutes ago, Sovran Grace Baptist said:

Worrying about that tangential moment is sinful per Jesus' Mt. six sermon. What did Phillipians four tell you to think upon?

thats not what I asked- I was wondering about your experience

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I was so young that I don't know.  I have an official date written down in my first grade Bible, but I know I believed before then.  But, of course, I could only believe what my little brain could at that time.  I've obviously grown and my salvation has grown with it.  (I've written that last sentence three different ways, but can't find the correct words.)

5 minutes ago, CATerri said:

I was so young that I don't know.  I have an official date written down in my first grade Bible, but I know I believed before then.  But, of course, I could only believe what my little brain could at that time.  I've obviously grown and my salvation has grown with it.  (I've written that last sentence three different ways, but can't find the correct words.)

maybe same for me- I cant remember a time that I did not believe that Jesus was the son of God and forgave sins

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

19 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

thats not what I asked- I was wondering about your experience

Grammar is helpful in understanding your post, friend. To tell my story would take far too long; but God be praised, for He redeems sinful church brats and the goody-two-shoes kids that inwardly are ravening wolves. Psa. 115.1 KJB. 

I still stand by my former post that it is foolish to hang on such things.