• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:00 PM, angels4u said:

Paul says that pastors and teachers are to equip the saints “until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God” (Ephesians 4:13).

some groups try to overcomplicate unity---- read what Paul says- the unity of faith-- whats that?? believing the gospel ~~~Jesus was crucified died and was buried- rose again on the third day---- unity is when believers adhere to the pure gospel~~~~ Knowledge of the son of God?? what's that? he told us-- love your neighbor as yourself~~~~~~~~~~~~~ this is what true unity is built on- it can come in any flavor Christianity-- but those are the basics--- adding more to that is just superfluous nonsense- just the same vile traditions the Pharisees tried to add to the law given to Moses~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ why do people make things hard-- adding burden upon burden-- Jesus said we have to come as children-- not PHD Scholars

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Would you insist that the Bible alone is our authority because the Bible is infallible?

That is the logical conclusion, which means that "Holy Tradition" is not only fallible, but includes erroneous doctrines (such as Purgatory).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

35 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Wikipedia

"Cafeteria Christianity" is a derogatory term used by some Christians, and others, to accuse other Christian individuals or denominations of selecting which Christian doctrines they will follow, and which they will not.[1]

Agreed. That term is quite unacceptable.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

On 7/28/2016 at 5:51 PM, Davida said:

I'm really a bit puzzled ....why are people so overly focused & concerned about lack of Unity in the Church? I seem to be missing something ... where does this concern come from?   Are your Churches congregation divided?  Does your Church fight with other Churches in your Cities?  

On 7/7/2016 at 1:21 PM, Davida said:

There is now and more in the future going to be a real effort towards Ecumenism and many will fall into that because of a false understanding of this Christian Unity.

@Davida , I think you answered your question from the 28th two weeks earlier. 

David Wilkerson also has sermons online (if they are still available) warning strictly and fervently about the false gospel (widespread in the usa , and probably overseas in many places) of the so-called 'seeker-friendly' (new age).

(easy search online)

i.e. the biggest problem for many on earth is not the churches fighting,  but the world churches uniting (both officially and unofficially)  in a counterfeit opposed to all the true churches(assemblies).

On 6/15/2016 at 7:49 PM, angels4u said:

Now I understand what you are talking about .. The Christians in the N.T. were already divided . ...

Where did this come from ,  and why mention it without showing what they did to live daily in union with Y'SHUA and not remain divided if it occurred ?

This could be a good example, depending on what you mean (where you believe the Christians in the N.T> were divided),   and if people are willing to do what the Christians in the N.T. did to live correctly in union with one another and to live in union with Y'SHUA (as it is written they did,  frequently in the N.T.). 

i.e. the "solution" to all the division people have posted about, 

the "solution" to all the problems Y'SHUA warned about, 

the "solution" YHWH provids IN Y'SHUA to all ecclesia everywhere who are immersed in HIM,  born again by YHWH'S WILL,  set apart by YHWH'S doing,  put together as living stones by YHWH'S PLAN and PURPOSE in Y'SHUA.

BTW --- this is all simple , according to YHWH'S WORD (the BIBLE),  and is the results of YHWH'S PLAN working through Y'SHUA MESSIAH and through all the ecclesia called and chosen by HIM.

Why does it seem complicated ?  Why is this not achieved here, today,  or around us where we live ?

YHWH'S WORD provides the clear answer(s).   

On 6/15/2016 at 7:05 PM, Ezra said:

How do you strive for unity of the faith when Five Point Calvinists obstruct it? If they would abandon their man-made doctrines, that might be a step in the right direction.  Of course, we know it won't happen, so all talk of unity becomes a sham.

Partly, yes.   Talk of unity involving anyone who is obstructing it, or anyone who is willingly disobedient, or anyone who is willingly rebellious would be a sham.  Impossible.   Yet the world church is not only talking about this, they are achieving it ! (and have to a great extent).   Beware though, and be aware, that that world church unity is not in Christ Jesus, and not of HIM.  

The unity, the union abiding in Y'SHUA,  the answer to Y'SHUA'S PRAYER to the FATHER in HEAVEN,  is already done.

It is just as HE said it would be.

It is not where people are looking for it.(and cannot be where they are looking for it, as long as they keep looking in the wrong places and the wrong ways).

It is just where YHWH PLANNED.   Just as YHWH SAYS.   HIS WAY. (never man's way)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

That's not how it works.  If you group the various churches into their distinctive groups, you end up with a little more than a baker's dozen:

1. Lutheran churches

2. Presbyterian churches

3. Anglican churches

4. Methodist churches

5. United churches

7. Pentecostal churches

8. Baptist Churches

9. Mennonite churches

10. Brethren assemblies

11. Church of God churches

12. Church of Christ churches

13. Seventh Day Adventist churches

14. Bible churches

15. Reformed churches

Of the ones which have not gone liberal, almost all are in agreement on the Gospel, and the sole authority of the Bible.

So are you claiming Erza that all these various distinctive groups proclaim and teach from the bible exactly the same? If so.... prove it. If that were the case, why do all these various Churches have different names? I looked up the various churches you listed in my city alone, and this is what I came up with by just going online, excluding the Yellow Pages.

1.Lutheran: 15 differnt churches, with name as, Messiah Lutheran church Missouri Synod, Peace Lutheran, Immanual Lutheran, Christ Lutheran, to name a few. Show me where these churches are in full communion with each other.

2.Presbyterian: 8 different churches. 1.First Presbysterian, 2.John Knox Presbyterian, 3.Evergreen Presbysterian, 4.Outward Presbytreian. to name a few.

3.Angilican. Three different churches. St Pauls Episcopal, Prince of Peace Episcopal, Angilican Church.

4. Methodist; Twenty one in all. 1.Free Methodist, 2. Morningside Methodist. 3. First United Methodist. (ps. you listed methodist twice)

5. Pentecostal. Five in all. 1.Harvest Time Pentecostal church. 2. Abundant Life Pentecostal. 3. Landmark United Pentecostal. To name a few.

5. Baptist: Forty five in all. 1. Bethal Baptist. 2. Skyline Baptist. 3. Calvary Baptist. To name a few.

6. Mennonite: Nineteen in all. 1. Western Mennonite. 2. First Mennonite. To name a few.

7. Church of God: Thirty one in all. 1. Oak Park Church of God. 2. State St. CoG. To name a few.

8. Church of Christ. Thirty seven in all. 1. Community Church of Christ. 2. Market St. Church of Christ. 3. All Believers Church of Christ. To name a few.

9. Seventh Day Adventist: Seven in all.

9. Reformed churches. Five in all. 1. Gracious Cross Reformed. 2. Immanual's Reformed. To name a couple.

10. Bible Churches. Thirty in all. 1. Bible Center Fellowship. 2. Emmanual Bible church. 3. Kingwood Bible Church. To name a few.

Earlier when I stated tere were 150 different Protestant/ non-Denominational churches in my city was a mistake, there are Over 231! Now you tell me Erza, of all these various churches, is it your belief they all teach and interpret Scripture exactly the same? Is it your belief that all these various churches are in full communion with each other? If so, show me where the authority lies. If you cannot, you must admit that they are all distinct from each other. So therefore I stand behind what I posted earlier. If you were to mutiply the differnt non-Catholic, Protestant, Non-Denominational churches in every City, Town,Village, worlwide, the number "would" be in the many tens of thousands! So show me where the unity is in that! Untill you can prove otherwise, don't try and tell me...... "Thats not how it works."

Peace

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Again, no mention of any church in these Scriptures spoken by Jesus. Its all about UNITY!

Then how come the tens of thousands different Protestant/non-Denominational/non-Catholic churches do not interpret Scripture the same? You call that unified? I call that complete chaos, something the Holy Spirit is incapable of!

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

That is the logical conclusion, which means that "Holy Tradition" is not only fallible, but includes erroneous doctrines (such as Purgatory).

If you wish to take it upon yourself and address my post to warrior, why don't you address the first two questions in the post I put forth to him as well? Then I will show your errors.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Then how come the tens of thousands different Protestant/non-Denominational/non-Catholic churches do not interpret Scripture the same? You call that unified? I call that complete chaos, something the Holy Spirit is incapable of!

Millions of Catholics world wide, Where is the unity here?

Types of Catholics- Ultratraditionalist Catholics. Ultratraditionalist Catholics consider themselves nonrevisionist Catholics. They are extremely critical of the changes brought about by Vatican II and wish the church would return to its earlier course.

Catholics- Traditionalist Catholics. The traditionalist Catholics in many ways make up the backbone of the church hierarchy. A Christianity Today editorial described the group this way: “This important segment of the church, specially powerful among the laity of the national churches, the older clergy, and the bishops and upper level of the hierarchy, adheres to the whole of creedal Roman Catholicism and obedience to the church as interpreted by the pope.”13 The traditionalists are very critical of liberalism and modernism within the church, but they are generally accepting of the reforms found in Vatican II. Although this group’s influence diminished somewhat after Vatican II, they have enjoyed a revival during John Paul II’s reign as pope. While Pope John Paul may be considered progressive in many of his decisions concerning the church, at heart his doctrinal views are those of a traditional Catholic. This is especially illustrated in his beliefs concerning the Virgin Mary.

Types of Catholics- Liberal Catholics. Liberal Catholics have substantially departed from traditional Catholicism, and one might say from traditional Christianity as a whole.

Types of Catholics- Charismatic/Evangelical Catholics. 1992 marked the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Catholic charismatic renewal movement. Emerging from humble beginnings in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1967, the late 1960s and 1970s saw the Catholic charismatic renewal flourish in the church.

Types of Catholics- Cultural Catholics. The majority of Catholics in the world probably fit into the category of cultural Catholics. This group is unlike any other type we have considered above. Their identification as “Catholic” is simply more cultural and social than religious. They might rightly be called “womb to tomb Catholics.” They often are born in a Hispanic, Irish, Polish, or Italian family — and are therefore baptized, married, and buried in the Catholic church — but have little or no concern about spiritual matters. Cultural Catholics do not understand Catholicism, nor do they seriously follow its ethical teaching. But they nevertheless have an emotional commitment to the Catholic church. When they attend mass, it is out of habit or family obligation, not religious conviction.

Types of Catholics- Popular Folk Catholics. Popular folk Catholics are found especially in Central and South America. These Catholics are very eclectic in their religious thinking and practice. They often combine elements of an animistic or nature-culture religion (the primitive religious beliefs that associate the forces of nature and culture with myriads of spirits) with a traditional medieval Catholicism. The result is a syncretistic nightmare. People in countries such as Brazil, Colombia, and Argentina frequently engage in a religion composed of polytheism, occultic spiritism, and a superstitious form of Catholicism. This spiritual smorgasbord enslaves millions of Latin America’s peasantry.

What is Catholic?

Catholic generally refers to all the Catholic beliefs such as Roman Catholics, Orthodox Catholic, etc. Orthodox Catholic Church is headed by a Patriarch. The word Catholic is coined from the Greek word ‘katholou’ meaning ‘throughout the world’, ‘universal’ or ‘general’. The word was first used by the early Christians to describe their religion and belief. According to the Catholics, Jesus is the savior of mankind. The Greek ‘katholikos’ became the word ‘Catholics’. The word also means ‘according to the whole’. Since the Catholics are firm believers of Jesus, all the Catholic Churches are the churches of Christ. The word Catholic can be understood in different ways. The word could be taken to mean, ‘of or involving the Roman Catholic Church’, ‘of or relating to the universal Christian Church’, ‘of or relating to the ancient undivided Christian church,’ or ‘of or relating to those churches that have claimed to be representatives of the ancient undivided church’.

What is Roman Catholic?

The Roman Catholic Church is headed by a Pope. It is actually one tradition of the churches headed by the Catholic Church. What all these churches have in common is that they are in communion with the Pope. The major difference between Catholicism and Roman Catholicism lies in the performance of rites. The Roman Catholics resort to the Latin rites whereas the orthodox Catholics resort to the Byzantine rites. Roman Catholic is considered, sometimes, as a word that distinguishes it from all the other type of churches. As a matter of fact, the Holy Roman Catholic and the Apostolic Church refers to Rome.