• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

7 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

IS Good Mental Health

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. 
(2 Corinthians 13:5) 

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
(Hosea 4:6) 

a man can smile every hour of his life
but half of those hours, is he a liar?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2

They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious.
'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace.

(Jeremiah 6:14) 

They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious.
"Peace, peace," they say, when there is no peace.

(Jeremiah 8:11)

 Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall.
Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. When the wall collapses, will people not ask you,
“Where is the whitewash you covered it with?”

(Ezekiel 13:10-12)

which one of you is perfect? 
which one of you never has a mind set on earthly things? 
which one of you never thinks in an earthly way? 
who is complete right now, and waits for nothing more than the ability to pass through walls? 

brothers & sisters, just because you know what The Medicine is, do not think you have no need of it. 
if you are taking medicine, is there no reason for it?  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 hours ago, post said:

a man can smile every hour of his life
but half of those hours, is he a liar?

:emot-heartbeat:

Happiness

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. Psalms 1:1-3 (English Standard Version)

IS Good Mental Health

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4 (English Standard Version)

You Think....

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 (English Standard Version)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64

5 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Happiness

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. Psalms 1:1-3 (English Standard Version)

IS Good Mental Health

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4 (English Standard Version)

You Think....

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 (English Standard Version)

Amen :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

The title of this thread fails to do justice to the "new creature in Christ".  While it is true that the old sinful nature has not been eradicated completely, many give "the flesh" more credit than it deserves.

The indwelling Holy Spirit + the written Word of God gives every believer the POWER TO OVERCOME every sinful tendency. But we must believe it.  If we believe we have "a mental problem" or " a spiritual problem" then that is exactly what we will have.  But it we believe we are overcomers through the blood of Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit, then we will be overcomers.                                         posted by Ezra

Amen,,,,,,,,,Thank You Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The one who says and believes and acts upon the truth that "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

posted by Ezra

That is right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that is how you ARE what you "speak",never considering the deceitful heart but  the heart Filled with love & faith in  Jesus!

One can either focus on problems or focus on solutions.  God has provided us with solutions in Christ, therefore we are to focus on solutions.  The world already has problems enough of its own.  If Christians go to the world and say "We too are a part of the problem" we are not true witnesses. What the world needs to hear is that Christ is the answer to every problem, and Christians are a part of the solution.           posted by Ezra

If one walks about professing,.claiming "I have mental issues",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then indeed they shall

"I am MORE than a CONQUEROR in CHRIST JESUS" and to GOD be ALL the Glory!                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

On 6/19/2016 at 10:46 AM, kwikphilly said:

If one walks about professing,.claiming "I have mental issues",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then indeed they shall

and what about one who is not perfect in either word nor thought nor deed, but who goes around acting as if they are? 
what of that person who has no humility, nor meekness? 

what about the person who does not examine themselves, and is not honest with themselves?
a person who puts on a fake smile in every situation, and always acts as though everything is "fine" and "wonderful" while in their heart they are troubled, what kind of person is that? is that a person who speaks and honors the truth, or is that a person who deceives both themselves and others?

Like clouds and wind without rain is one who boasts of gifts never given.
(Proverbs 25:14) 

Guest shiloh357

I am not perfect.  I am as flawed a human being as anyone else.   But I don't have "mental issues."  

remember the teaching of our Lord: 

two men went to the temple to pray, and it was not the man who boasted that he was thankful not to be like other men, and who found no fault in himself who was justified. it was the man who cried "
Lord, have mercy on me!" who was justified. 

it is fine and well, and good, to remember and think about what is right and what is holy and what is good. but it is unwise to forget who we are, or to pretend we are what we have not yet become. you are not "
what you speak" - reality is not "what you say it is." you are what you are, and reality is what it is. 
how many of you agreed when i said that we are not actually worthy, but Christ alone is worthy? but how many of you are taking offense that there might be something about you that makes you unworthy! how many of you agree that you need Christ? but how many of you are taken aback to hear the idea that there is something specific you need Christ for! 

do not be pressed into the mold of the spirit of the age, but be transformed, having your minds renewed by the Spirit of God. 
if you tell the Spirit "
my mind has no need of renewal" -- do you imagine He is grieved, or well pleased? 

amen, keep your minds on what is pure and right and good. 
things such as walking humbly before God, and things such as recognizing the truth, both His abundant provision for us and our abundant needfulness for Him. 

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not perfect.  I am as flawed a human being as anyone else.   But I don't have "mental issues."  

so your brain and your thinking is perfect? other things may be flawed, but certainly not your mind?

because that is what you are saying, when you reject the idea that your mentality may have issues. 

this sword cuts deep; i know. but our Healer is a surgeon, skilled in every way, and trustworthy above all others.

Guest Robert

Sin is not a "mental issue"; it's a spiritual issue.

Yes, sin affects the mind, but it doesn't originate in the mind. Sin is a condition of the heart, and what is in the heart will affect the head. That's why the Lord says in Jeremiah 17:9-10:

“The heart is more deceitful than all else  And is desperately sick; Who can understand it? I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deeds." (NASB)

He says first (the heart" then He says "the mind". To put it another way, the words of Jesus:

" Peter said to Him, “Explain the parable to us.” 1esus said, “Are you still lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated? But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.” (Matthew 15: 16-20, NASB, emphasis mine)

The "heart" as referenced in scripture, is not the organ in the chest that pumps blood, but it is the spiritual part of us that has our emotions and desires. It's not a "mental" thing but a spiritual part of us that is very much affected and afflicted with sin. This is the very part that needs to be made new when Jesus saves us and makes us "a new creation".

Now, we can say "mental issues are affected by sin", but to say "everyone has mental issues" is not only insulting those who have been reborn in Christ, but giving an 'easy way out" for anyone else. All they have to say is "I have mental issues" and it's no longer their fault. Repentance, however, requires us to come before the Lord and admit that we have sinned before Him. If we're making excuses, are we truly repentant? Or are we seeking a scapegoat for our actions?

The Lord clarifies where sin comes from:

" Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. " (James 1:12-15, NASB,emphasis mine)

In any event,  anyone who is truly a new creature in Christ doesn't have mental issues.

Edited by RobertS