• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Do you want some cheese with that whine?  

I am not unwilling to provide anything.  I was never asked to, but you were.  My remarks are based on what they said about themselves at the convention.  Their own personal testimony is my source for what I said. 

Again, the truth is that you don't have a source for anything you said.  it's all just made up stuff.

They had to work the dirty jobs and they had to work for people who were not educated and were not rich.    Please provide the source and list the jobs.

Trump forced them to work in hard physical labor for years.    Please provide the source

They have their own businesses and ventures and have made their own way pretty much independent of their father   Please provide the source and the list of businesses and ventures outside of their daddy's empire. 

You have now be asked for your sources, once those are provided I will be happy to link to the Wikipeida page I used for my source. 

Edited by Out of the Shadows

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Davida said:

You've shown great hostility towards Trump and now towards his children ---we get it , you seem to despise him and now his family.  Could it be envy? 

While it is true that Donald Trump has done many things I have not, I have not cheated on my spouse, I have not been divorced, i have not declared bankruptcy, I have not had property repossessed by a bank; I do not see those things worthy of envy, perhaps others do.  If you are referring to Donald Trump's money, I can assure you I have more than I will be able to spend in my lifetime.  

What gets me about Donald Trump is the thrall he holds over his followers, it is, dare I say almost a sense of worship.  He can do no wrong, everything about him is good and righteous. The post above about his children not being the same as other millionaire children is a perfect example of this.  It is stupefying to sum it up into one word.  It is one thing to support a politician, but a totally different thing to defend them unendingly, to somehow say time after time "he is different".   Reminds me of a friend that married a stripper, he was always saying "well, she is different".  Turns out she wasn't, and neither is Donald Trump. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

One of the things that has gotten worse in this country during my lifetime is what I call "the politics of resentment."  And for this I DO BLAME THE DEMOCRATS.  Ever since LBJs so-called "Great Society" programs of the 60s (which has driven our economy into the ditch while not raising the poverty level one iota), democrats (and they alone) have benefited from pitting one group against another. As much as there is to criticize republicans for (and I do this on a regular basis), this criticism belongs solely to the dems.

Whether it's class - rich vs. poor; race - black vs. white; or religion - Christian vs. all others - you can count on democrats to divide rather than unite.  

So why do I bring it up here - in a thread that's about candidates' children speaking about their parents during a convention?

Because some of the criticism seems to be based solely on the fact that the Trump family is rich.  And it follows (I suppose) we should hate (or at least resent) them for their wealth.

Scripture does not instruct us (or even allow) us the luxury of doing that.  And I believe it is wrong to do so.

Blessings,

-Ed

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

One of the things that has gotten worse in this country during my lifetime is what I call "the politics of resentment."  And for this I DO BLAME THE DEMOCRATS.  Ever since LBJs so-called "Great Society" programs of the 60s (which has driven our economy into the ditch while not raising the poverty level one iota), democrats (and they alone) have benefited from pitting one group against another. As much as there is to criticize republicans for (and I do this on a regular basis), this criticism belongs solely to the dems.

Whether it's class - rich vs. poor; race - black vs. white; or religion - Christian vs. all others - you can count on democrats to divide rather than unite.  

So why do I bring it up here - in a thread that's about candidates' children speaking about their parents during a convention?

Because some of the criticism seems to be based solely on the fact that the Trump family is rich.  And it follows (I suppose) we should hate (or at least resent) them for their wealth.

Scripture does not instruct us (or even allow) us the luxury of doing that.  And I believe it is wrong to do so.

Blessings,

-Ed

Donald Trump's whole campaign is based upon dividing people.   His theme is basically a twist on the "us vs them" routine you are blaming the Democrats for.  Both parties are guilty of this, as are Christians themselves.   How many threads have their been lately that were filled with people basically saying that a liberal cannot possibly be a Christian.  How is that not division?  How is that not the very thing you are complaining about.   I do not hate or resent or envy Donald Trump or his kids for their wealth, my whole point is, why is that they have to say relevant?   In what possible way can they understand what it is like to live on $30,000 grand a year and have kids to feed?  How can they possibly understand what it means to choose between a car payment or food or medicine?  Their view of their father is exactly what you would expect it to be, why then does it matter to anyone?

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

No worship here-- A STARK  realist here.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry, but i cannot say anything else because I am sure you would turn me in and I would be banned from the thread.  But I do thank you for brightening my morning with that bit of humor. 

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Donald Trump's whole campaign is based upon dividing people.   His theme is basically a twist on the "us vs them" routine you are blaming the Democrats for.  Both parties are guilty of this, as are Christians themselves.   How many threads have their been lately that were filled with people basically saying that a liberal cannot possibly be a Christian.  How is that not division?  How is that not the very thing you are complaining about.   I do not hate or resent or envy Donald Trump or his kids for their wealth, my whole point is, why is that they have to say relevant?   In what possible way can they understand what it is like to live on $30,000 grand a year and have kids to feed?  How can they possibly understand what it means to choose between a car payment or food or medicine?  Their view of their father is exactly what you would expect it to be, why then does it matter to anyone?

I stand by what I wrote.  As much as I understand the mindset that says "well, they're all just as bad", I'm not going to apply it when it comes to democrats deliberately DIVIDING the country for short term election gain.  

Going back a few years - which party "benefited" from radio ads that said "If you don't vote democrat, black churches are going to burn?"  Which party is it that ran an ad by James Byrd's daughter that effectively blamed then Gov. of Texas Bush for her father's death at the hand of bigots?  (Her father was killed by them dragging him behind a pickup truck).

Which party deliberately scares the elderly by ridiculously claiming republicans will cut off their Social Security?  More recently - can you think of a more divisive character (democrat) than the current WH occupant?  What a missed opportunity he had - to finally heal the racial divide in this country.  Instead all he's done is divide.

I've criticized republicans for standing for nothing.  Well, in this case it works to their benefit.  If one stands for nothing, how can he/she be accused of division?

As to Christians dividing - I suppose it depends on one's perspective.  God's love and Jesus' salvation is available to all sinners - which is all of us.  Regardless of anything else.  But Jesus also said (beginning in Luke 12:51 "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."  What are we to make of that?

Finally - yes Donald Trump is wealthy.  Of course his kids benefited from that wealth.  Cynics (and I'll go out on a limb and put you in that class)  will take everything they say with a grain of salt.  Be honest - could they have said anything that would make you think differently of Trump?  I'll go out on a limb again and say your answer is no.

So to cynics, nothing they say is relevant.  To everyone else, their relevance may vary.  Think of it this way, though.

Imagine if they had NOT been scheduled to speak?  Could a NY TIMES headline like this be possible?

CONVENTION SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED

TRUMP CHILDREN NOT SCHEDULED

Sources say due to deep divisions in Trump campaign

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

5 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

truly no difference between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

oh no-- Chelsey's paid 750,00.00 a year to work for the foundation which is financed by political bribes

Donald's kids earn their pay by hard work!

1 minute ago, woundeddog said:

oh no-- Chelsey's paid 750,00.00 a year to work for the foundation which is financed by political bribes

Donald's kids earn their pay by hard work!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How much kool-aid is there?  Seems after a while they would run out, but I guess  David Hannum was right. 

16 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I stand by what I wrote.  As much as I understand the mindset that says "well, they're all just as bad", I'm not going to apply it when it comes to democrats deliberately DIVIDING the country for short term election gain.  

Going back a few years - which party "benefited" from radio ads that said "If you don't vote democrat, black churches are going to burn?"  Which party is it that ran an ad by James Byrd's daughter that effectively blamed then Gov. of Texas Bush for her father's death at the hand of bigots?  (Her father was killed by them dragging him behind a pickup truck).

Which party deliberately scares the elderly by ridiculously claiming republicans will cut off their Social Security?  More recently - can you think of a more divisive character (democrat) than the current WH occupant?  What a missed opportunity he had - to finally heal the racial divide in this country.  Instead all he's done is divide.

I've criticized republicans for standing for nothing.  Well, in this case it works to their benefit.  If one stands for nothing, how can he/she be accused of division?

As to Christians dividing - I suppose it depends on one's perspective.  God's love and Jesus' salvation is available to all sinners - which is all of us.  Regardless of anything else.  But Jesus also said (beginning in Luke 12:51 "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."  What are we to make of that?

Finally - yes Donald Trump is wealthy.  Of course his kids benefited from that wealth.  Cynics (and I'll go out on a limb and put you in that class)  will take everything they say with a grain of salt.  Be honest - could they have said anything that would make you think differently of Trump?  I'll go out on a limb again and say your answer is no.

So to cynics, nothing they say is relevant.  To everyone else, their relevance may vary.  Think of it this way, though.

Imagine if they had NOT been scheduled to speak?  Could a NY TIMES headline like this be possible?

CONVENTION SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED

TRUMP CHILDREN NOT SCHEDULED

Sources say due to deep divisions in Trump campaign

Blessings,

-Ed

Going back a few years ago who benefited from a story about a black illegitimate child?  Going back a few more years who benefited from a story about Willie Horton?  Both parties do it, equally well.

Since you are a suppoter of Donald Trump, what was gained by the children speaking at the RNC?  Was there ever in doubt they were going to sing their father's praises?  Was there ever any doubt they would make Donald Trump sound like the best father since Ward Cleaver?   But then again, I guess the whole point of the convention is to throw red meat to the faithful and get them in a frenzy, and it seems to be working exceptionally well. 

You: Going back a few years ago who benefited from a story about a black illegitimate child?  

Me:  Whoever it was must have done a poor job, since I'm not aware of that issue

YOU: Going back a few more years who benefited from a story about Willie Horton?  

Me: Al Gore?

You: Both parties do it, equally well.

Me:  I'll grant you that both may do it, but the democrats are masters while the reps are amateurs.  

YOU: Since you are a supporter of Donald Trump, what was gained by the children speaking at the RNC?  Was there ever in doubt they were going to sing their father's praises?  Was there ever any doubt they would make Donald Trump sound like the best father since Ward Cleaver?   But then again, I guess the whole point of the convention is to throw red meat to the faithful and get them in a frenzy, and it seems to be working exceptionally well. 

Me: I cannot address your question about Trump's children since I did not watch - in fact, the only speech I've watched (in full) has been Christie's.  And that was not live, it was on YouTube.  Honestly, I was not aware they had spoken until I read your post this morning.  I haven't watched live coverage of the convention - period.  

I'm voting for Trump, and I've stated in other places my reasons.  It boils down to my view being the USA political system being irreparably broken and elections are nothing more than band-aids.  Nothing short of a 2nd American Revolution and/or God's intervention will save it.  So at best Trump will be a stopgap.  At worst, he'll be a catalyst.

Please don't lump all Trump supporters together by suggesting some "worship" him. Generalizations are part of what's wrong with politics today.  

As for me, I worship Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and Him alone.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981