• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

James text did not include "Ignoramus" or Moron- it is obvious you added the the word of God as a comment on me

WRONG.
The New American Bible uses the term "IGNORAMUS" in this passage.
Secondly - I was showing you what James was saying to his READERS - not to YOU personally.

Learn how to understand Scripture and stop blaming ME for what it says.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 minute ago, RealPresence said:

Learn how to understand Scripture and stop blaming ME for what it says.

Sorry-- I never use that version-- why are you picking and choosing versions?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I'm coming to this discussion late.  I would say that OSAS, as it is called, is the synopsis of Jesus' death on the cross and to that end the mission for which he was begat upon Mary his mother.

Scripture does not refer to temporary life, temporary salvation. Everything that pertains to the covenant, and God's grace, speaks of the eternity it promises. Eternally saved.
Reborn, renewed, a new creation. Our sins are put under the blood of Christ. And God remembers them no more. Jesus said, those whom the Father brings to him, those who are called by the will of the Father, shall find no one can remove them from Jesus' hand.

If no one can remove us from Jesus hand, then that would include ourselves as well. We are his eternally.

2 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Sorry-- I never use that version-- why are you picking and choosing versions?

HUH??  
"Picking and choosing" versions??

The NAB is a valid and MUCH used version.
The point is that you falsely accused me of calling you "names."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, RealPresence said:

It's always exhausting to be proven wrong.

RElgion doesn't save you.

12 minutes ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

Well, I'm coming to this discussion late.  I would say that OSAS, as it is called, is the synopsis of Jesus' death on the cross and to that end the mission for which he was begat upon Mary his mother.

Scripture does not refer to temporary life, temporary salvation. Everything that pertains to the covenant, and God's grace, speaks of the eternity it promises. Eternally saved.
Reborn, renewed, a new creation. Our sins are put under the blood of Christ. And God remembers them no more. Jesus said, those whom the Father brings to him, those who are called by the will of the Father, shall find no one can remove them from Jesus' hand.

If no one can remove us from Jesus hand, then that would include ourselves as well. We are his eternally.

"If no one can remove us from Jesus hand, then that would include ourselves as well. We are his eternally."

This is a false statement.
If only YOUR acceptance of God's grace can save you - then only YOUR rejection of Him can cause you to lose your salvation.

God is not some sort of Cosmic Rapist who forces His love on us.  
He freely gives it to us and allows us to freely accept or freely reject it.

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN  in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”

Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation.  How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER  receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”

This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei).  This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE  their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness or they will LOSE their "secure position".

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

5 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

RElgion doesn't save you.

And I never said it did.
Stick to the facts of the conversation.

3 hours ago, woundeddog said:

again you misread scritpture- Jesus was talking about a second birth ( born again) by the spirit, and there must be a first birth ( natural birth) born of water -- when the natal water sack breaks--- nothing to do with baptism

This is nonsense.
WHY would Jesus tell Nicodemus what is already evident??

EVERYBODY is born in amniotic fluid.  NOT everybody is born of water and spirit (Baptism).
When Jesus was baptized, what was present??  WATER and SPIRIT.  Jesus was talking about being born AGAIN - not being born from the mother's womb, like Nicodemus was saying.

READ the conversation in context:

John 3:3-5
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is BORN AGAIN he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?”  Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Guest Teditis
4 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

"If no one can remove us from Jesus hand, then that would include ourselves as well. We are his eternally."

This is a false statement.
If only YOUR acceptance of God's grace can save you - then only YOUR rejection of Him can cause you to lose your salvation.

God is not some sort of Cosmic Rapist who forces His love on us.  
He freely gives it to us and allows us to freely accept or freely reject it.

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN  in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”

Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation.  How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER  receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”

This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei).  This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE  their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness or they will LOSE their "secure position".

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

That's some serious twisting of Scripture in my opinion... none of those verses say what you've interpreted them as.

Regardless, there are an equal number of Scriptures that talk about the assurity of our Salvation... 1John 2:24 actually reads

as such a one.

[1Jo 2:24 KJV] 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father

20 minutes ago, Teditis said:

That's some serious twisting of Scripture in my opinion... none of those verses say what you've interpreted them as.

Regardless, there are an equal number of Scriptures that talk about the assurity of our Salvation... 1John 2:24 actually reads

as such a one.

[1Jo 2:24 KJV] 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father

This is a TEXTBOOK example against OSAS.
It says IF what you heard remains in you, you shall continue in the Son and in the Father.

Ummmmm, talk about twisting Scripture.
As for the verses I presented - which one is a "serious twisting" of Scripture and why??