• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

:( What does that say about choosing to be here?

I don't accept that. This community is dedicated to Christ and his Good News. It is what you make of it and I believe when the saints bring the peace of Christ that indwells them as God's Holy Spirit that peace does life where they are. And so too does the spirit of our Lord. Especially in communities dedicated to his message.

Matthew 18:20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Gotcha.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

My posted scriptures did refute the passages you presented out of context and immaterial to sustaining your claim that eternal salvation is not so.

Those who "lose it all", never had it in the first place. That's in scripture too. As evidenced by the accounting in 1 John 2.

I'll leave you to deal with the chip you have on your shoulder concerning Protestants . It's ugly and not worthy of one indwelt by God's Holy Spirit.

***SYSTEM ERROR***

21 hours ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

My posted scriptures did refute the passages you presented out of context and immaterial to sustaining your claim that eternal salvation is not so.

Those who "lose it all", never had it in the first place. That's in scripture too. As evidenced by the accounting in 1 John 2.

I'll leave you to deal with the chip you have on your shoulder concerning Protestants . It's ugly and not worthy of one indwelt by God's Holy Spirit.

And . . .

***SYSTEM ERROR***

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

John 10:28–29

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me,is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

1 John 2:19

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

2 Thessalonians 2:13

But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the first fruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:58 PM, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

And that is completely FALSE and shows that you didn't R*E*A*D what I wrote.

Before you respond - do some research on what "Epignoseis" means in a Scriptural context - then come back with a response.
Those verses were written to Christ-believing, Spirit-filled CHRISTIANS who had an Epignosei (full, experiential knowledge) of Christ and could be in danger of losing it.

***Sorry - I'm having technical problems with DUPLICATE Posts***

23 hours ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

John 10:28–29
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me,is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

1 John 2:19
 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
 But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the first fruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

Great.
Now, explain to me how these verses harmonize with the following warnings:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN  in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation.  How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER  receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei).  This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE  their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

Great.
Now, explain to me how these verses harmonize with the following warnings:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN  in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation.  How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER  receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei).  This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE  their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

I have read your pride state that you are an educated Catholic.
I find that something you shall have to demonstrate again and again. Me? I'm a dedicated Christian temple that lives as what my savior told me; a house of God's Holy Spirit.  That eternal all knowing, everywhere present, omnibenevolent power that sent his only begotten son to deliver a message to the world and those people with the eyes to see and the ears to hear; eternal salvation by grace of God in faith.

How do you explain that eternal salvation is something you cannot accept?
@ 56 pages and counting, it seems like the only one that is working at explaining that, out of context and cherry picking verses in the process of that commission, is you.

My Jesus died to bring eternal salvation to me. And very obviously that is something you do not understand.

Mores the pity.
Page

after

page.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:58 PM, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

A

***Sorry - I'm having technical problems with DUPLICATE Posts***

1 hour ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

I have read your pride state that you are an educated Catholic.
I find that something you shall have to demonstrate again and again. Me? I'm a dedicated Christian temple that lives as what my savior told me; a house of God's Holy Spirit.  That eternal all knowing, everywhere present, omnibenevolent power that sent his only begotten son to deliver a message to the world and those people with the eyes to see and the ears to hear; eternal salvation by grace of God in faith.

How do you explain that eternal salvation is something you cannot accept?
@ 56 pages and counting, it seems like the only one that is working at explaining that, out of context and cherry picking verses in the process of that commission, is you.

My Jesus died to bring eternal salvation to me. And very obviously that is something you do not understand.

Mores the pity.
Page

after

page.

Soooo, what you're saying is that you cannot harmonize the verses YOU presented with the ones I presented.
That's what I thought . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1

2 John 1:2...56 pages later lol.