IGNORED

Now that I am old and grey, O Lord forsake me not (Psalm 71:18)

markdohle

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My wife is from Old World Catholicism and is surprised seeing monasteries having websites and a monk on the internet..LOL

We are careful on how we use it, but it as much a part of the world today as cars and telephones.

Peace
Mark

21 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

45 years awesome.

Time goes by so fast, that it seems like a year.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Mark I saw some video. Very nice. Maybe someday in the future I can pay a visit. I think if I was a young man and feel like I do now, that would be a fine way to worship and serve God. When I was reading a book about a young lady by the name Elizabeth the trinity I was drawn to that way of living. But for me I work and serve God where I live. It seems like it could be a lonely life. But I would think your time is pretty busy. I will be praying for you Mark. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/11/2016 at 1:52 PM, markdohle said:

LOL each day I seem to be finding it harder and harder to find anyone younger than me.

Hey bro we are very close in age :D

Mark I don't mean to ask to many questions But is your order anything like the Carmlites ?

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Mark I saw some video. Very nice. Maybe someday in the future I can pay a visit. I think if I was a young man and feel like I do now, that would be a fine way to worship and serve God. When I was reading a book about a young lady by the name Elizabeth the trinity I was drawn to that way of living. But for me I work and serve God where I live. It seems like it could be a lonely life. But I would think your time is pretty busy. I will be praying for you Mark. 

Elizabeth of the Trinity is a very deep mystic.  Her insights into the Trinity are profound.  Here is a quote that sort of sums up my life and I guess the inner life of many of the men in my community:

“Here in Carmel, there is nothing, nothing but God. He is all, He suffices, and one lives for Him alone and for His glory… this life of prayer and contemplation, interceding always for His people before the Face of God…”

Below is a quote that brings out the Catholic understanding of how those who have gone before us who now have the heart and mind of Christ intercede for us:

“My mission in heaven will be to draw souls, helping them to go out of themselves to cling to God, with a spontaneous, love-filled action, and to keep them in that great interior silence which enables God to make his mark on them, to transform them into himself.”

She is well worth reading.

Yes the life here is busy, yet we have time everyday for prayer and study.  Though as you know we are all unique in how we live out our Christian faith.  Some need more prayer, others study and still others manual labor.  In community we tend to balance each other out.  I was really busy when I worked in our Infirmary, now as retreat master still busy, yet in a different sort of way. 

If you ever want to come and visit that would be great.

Peace
Mark

The Carmelites were founded by St. Theresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross.  They tend to have small communities, while ours can be any size.  We both live cloistered lives, but in a different manner.  Here in the south we are more open than some of our other Monasteries.  Each Community has its own spirit in how it lives out its charisma.

Peace
Mark

Hi Mark I agree Elizabeth theology of the Trinity is deeply profound. Trinity who I adore which she wrote opens a lot of light on her theology. She has change my views on the Catholic church. I have three books on her life and letters. I think she also was influence by St Threse. She had a copy of a story of a soul. I did read that book too. Two different ways but very close. I think Elizabeth was more influence by the Apostle Paul. She took a lot out of the book of Ephesians. To be a praise of his glory was her chief aim. I do really think she has helped me to come out of myself and to cling to God . Someday in the future it would be my delight to visit and worship with you there. God Bless

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/11/2016 at 3:52 PM, markdohle said:

LOL each day I seem to be finding it harder and harder to find anyone younger than me.

Amen brother I have the same problem  I"m  63 and it's seems the whole world is younger then I am.  There a man living across the street.  I care for his dog during the day when he working 10 hours.  He was a Marine and is now a Conversation Officer on the 29 Palms Marine Base that is about 30 miles from me.  I could be his mom.  In fact I think I"m older then his mom.  OY VEY!

Blessings, RustyAngeL

I will be 63 in Nov. I am next to the oldest at work. Used to be the other way .