Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I truly believe that if you believe in the name of Jesus God will save you on the last day. Only his sheep hear his voice and believe in his name. It does not matter if your Catholic or protestant or Baptist or Methodist. He says my sheep hear my voice. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, God can and will save anyone anywhere He pleases, catholic,protestant, calvanist, arminian, possibly even dallas cowboy fans, though that may be testing the limits....

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I truely believe that if you believe in the name of Jesus, God will save you on the last day....
Only his sheep hear his voice and believe in his name....

It does not matter if you're Catholic....
or protestant or Baptist or Methodist....

He says my sheep hear my voice....

:emot-heartbeat:

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I truly believe that if you believe in the name of Jesus God will save you on the last day. Only his sheep hear his voice and believe in his name. It does not matter if your Catholic or protestant or Baptist or Methodist. He says my sheep hear my voice. 

Hi Wayne 222

It's not as simple as that.  The only way to God is through Jesus, who is the TRUTH.  We can only come to God THROUGH the TRUTH (through his WORD)

We were warned that many false apostles have infiltrated the church and teach contrary to sound doctrine.  A false doctrine does not set one free, only the TRUTH can.

John 3:21   But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 8:32   And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

We cannot lump all Christian religions into one big pile, for each have their own teachings, and each have their own doctrine to protect.  The teachings vary and are not all in harmony.  To claim one knows Jesus just because they believe in his name, that he is the Son of God is not enough, it's only the "start" of the Journey, because we have to actually walk through "that door" of "truth" which only Christ can give.

If we have been given a lie concerning doctrine, and we believe a lie, and preach a lie, then the "spirit of truth" is not in us, but "the spirit of error".  Jesus said he will feed his sheep, and if the sheep have not been fed by him, walking in error, away from the truth, then they are not part of his flock, as they have instead gone with the Shepherds for hire who care not for the flock.

Christ cannot be fooled.  He knows the heart and if the heart is sincere for him, he will not lead into a ditch, but will reward with truth to him that reads for himself, and takes that quest to find truth in the holy scriptures out of a pure heart direct from the source and not from man's teachings. 

So my purpose in this reply is for us not to become complacent, or too sure of ourselves,  but be on our toes always, and know that there is only one judge that will determine who is saved and who is not when the day comes, and that is not our decision, but Christ's, and we don't want to put anyone into a false type of security, feeling they are untouchable, because for all of us the fight is not over yet, and there are many tests coming our way. 

We don't receive the prize before we make the finish line, but after, and we all need to go over Christ's words very carefully to check that we have heard his message clearly on how to travel that straight and narrow road where only a few find it.

Matthew 7:14   Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

God bless

Just believing in the name of Jesus will not save. Even demons believe. Having faith in and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is what saves.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Flsnookman said:

I agree, God can and will save anyone anywhere He pleases, catholic,protestant, calvanist, arminian, possibly even dallas cowboy fans, though that may be testing the limits....

LOL love the humor:laugh:

To Sister your points are well taking. John wrote every spirit that confesses Jesus has come in the flesh is of God. Meaning that you believe that God the second person of the triune  the son of the Father came in the flesh and was born as a baby of Mary. Believing he came in the flesh means also why. To be a sin offering for the sins of mankind. And to believe in his name has all of this in it too. Its not to just say I accept Jesus as Gods son. And go off to live any old way. But if anyone believes in Jesus in truth they are saved no matter where they attend. Not everyone in a certain church really believes Jesus came in the flesh.

They fell from Grace. But Paul I am sure set them straight. We cannot lose our kinship. Once born again you remain born of God. Yet you can stop living by Grace for sure.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

To Sister your points are well taking. John wrote every spirit that confesses Jesus has come in the flesh is of God. Meaning that you believe that God the second person of the triune  the son of the Father came in the flesh and was born as a baby of Mary. Believing he came in the flesh means also why. To be a sin offering for the sins of mankind. And to believe in his name has all of this in it too. Its not to just say I accept Jesus as Gods son. And go off to live any old way. But if anyone believes in Jesus in truth they are saved no matter where they attend. Not everyone in a certain church really believes Jesus came in the flesh.

Wayne222

Thank you my brother, yes I agree when we accept Christ, we can't back to the old way. 

My point is if anyone reads for themselves the words of truth, then this is what they have to put first before doctrine or anything. If a churches doctrine contradict the scriptures, then the truth must be defended first.  To reject truth is sin, we can't just go with the flow.

I do also know that "love" covers a multitude of sins.  If one confesses to Christ and forgives all his enemies, and his end comes quickly, then I agree he will be accepted, but if he's allowed to live to the very end and his "doctrine" has deceived him, then he is putting everything at stake because his church may tell him to do the wrong thing, to save his physical life, but in the end he will lose his soul.