IGNORED

Burning Questions

GoodFruit

Guest bonnieschamberger

I dont so much have burning questions as much as I have a desire to meet certain christians that have gone before whom I really felt I resonated with their work or their story and just who they were on the inside...for example I just watched this movie about a month ago called"Ragamuffin" the story about rich mullins and feeling like I connected so much with the way he thought and acted and I would really love to get to meet him in heaven someday.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What is your 2nd bucket list. After Jesus and god who and what do you want to see and learn in heaven?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  138

14 hours ago, Jayne said:

You know, Jesus was really good at answering questions with questions. :laugh:

I used to have a lot of burning questions until I realized that once I'm with God - wherever that may be in the end - I don't think we are going to care.

I agree that once I am home, nothing will matter anymore and I may not even remember anything about this world.  Just a curious mind I have at this point. :emot-think:

14 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

You want to know what I want to know? Why didn't God make more mountains....

I'm totally with you on that one!  I love the mountains, especially the Smokies.  :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Who wrote Hebrews?

Author: Although some include the Book of Hebrews among the apostle Paul's writings, the certain identity of the author remains an enigma. Missing is Paul's customary salutation common to his other works. In addition, the suggestion that the writer of this epistle relied upon knowledge and information provided by others who were actual eye-witnesses of Christ Jesus (2:3) makes Pauline authorship doubtful. Some attribute Luke as its writer; others suggest Hebrews may have been written by Apollos, Barnabas, Silas, Philip, or Aquila and Priscilla. Regardless of the human hand that held the pen, the Holy Spirit of God is the divine author of all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16); therefore, Hebrews speaks with the same canonical authority as the other sixty-five books of the Bible.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Book-of-Hebrews.html

The Bible is silent on what God does not want us to know.

Moles? They eat worms and insects. Maybe so we would not be overcome with worms and insects? Everything was created for God's glory. Even that pesty mosquito. We may not know why but God does :)

The Native Americans have always been here. They may have come from Asia many,many years ago. Wasn't it the Europeans or "white man" that first came to America and infringed on their territory?

I am aware that there are several people who could have written Hebrews, but it is all speculation.  Hence my burning question, and why is it such a secret?

Very true, and I'm sure He has His reasons.  I don't outright "question" God about things that He has not made clear.  I just have a curious mind.  :39: 

The Native Americans have always been here.

That is an interesting perspective.  Are you under the impression that God just mysteriously placed a people group into North America that have no lineage to the sons of Noah?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, GoodFruit said:

I am aware that there are several people who could have written Hebrews, but it is all speculation.  Hence my burning question, and why is it such a secret?

Very true, and I'm sure He has His reasons.  I don't outright "question" God about things that He has not made clear.  I just have a curious mind.  :39: 

The Native Americans have always been here.

That is an interesting perspective.  Are you under the impression that God just mysteriously placed a people group into North America that have no lineage to the sons of Noah?  

I have a curious mind as well. Always have :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Why did God make mosquitoes?

1 hour ago, da_man1974 said:

Why did God make mosquitoes?

probably to annoy us enough to go inside and fellowship with Him. :)  They are also food for bats.  They eat like 1,000 mosquitoes a night!

Edited by GoodFruit

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Just now, GoodFruit said:

probably to annoy us enough to go inside and fellowship with him. :)  They are also food for bats.  They eat like 1,000 mosquitoes a night!

I need to get some bats around my house.  I hate mosquitos.

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Moles benefit gardens by aerating the soil, among other things.

But why would God create a mole to help something underground while destroying what is above ground (a nice grassy lawn) and enjoyed as His creation, which also causes man to set traps to kill what He created in the first place? 

These are the things I think about every time I mow my lawn and see the destruction the moles (plural as I have multiple trails) have caused.