• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

I need to get some bats around my house.  I hate mosquitos.

That is a really good idea.  Put up a bat house to attract them.  I just saw on the news this past week that bats are becoming endangered as their numbers are dwindling.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

6 minutes ago, GoodFruit said:

But why would God create a mole to help something underground while destroying what is above ground (a nice grassy lawn) and enjoyed as His creation, which also causes man to set traps to kill what He created in the first place? 

These are the things I think about every time I mow my lawn and see the destruction the moles (plural as I have multiple trails) have caused.     

Moles do not destroy His creation, only mans creation. Lawns are a product of man lol. Grass grows quite fine without being in a manicured lawn.

But why would God create a mole to help something underground while destroying what is above ground (a nice grassy lawn) and enjoyed as His creation, which also causes man to set traps to kill what He created in the first place? 

These are the things I think about every time I mow my lawn and see the destruction the moles (plural as I have multiple trails) have caused.     

Moles do not destroy His creation, only mans creation. Lawns are a product of man lol. Grass grows quite fine without being in a manicured lawn.

That is a really good idea.  Put up a bat house to attract them.  I just saw on the news this past week that bats are becoming endangered as their numbers are dwindling.

Bats carry rabies. I know of a girl in my state who was exposed to rabies when a sick bat drooled on her foot. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Bats carry rabies. I know of a girl in my state who was exposed to rabies when a sick bat drooled on her foot. 

The Truth about Bats

Here’s a few of the common myths about bats – and the real story:

All bats are rabid

Not even close. Bats, like other mammals, can be infected with the rabies virus and some of them are. But the vast majority of bats are not infected. However, a bat that can be easily approached by humans is likely to be sick and may bite if handled. Simply do not touch or handle a bat or any other wild animal and there is little chance of being bitten. Teach children to never handle any wild animal.

The Earth without bats would be a very different and much poorer place. More than 1,300 species of bats around the world are playing ecological roles that are vital to the health of natural ecosystems and human economies.  Many of the more than 1,300 bat species consume vast amounts of insects, including some of the most damaging agricultural pests. Others pollinate many valuable plants, ensuring the production of fruits that support local economies, as well as diverse animal populations. Fruit-eating bats in the tropics disperse seeds that are critical to restoring cleared or damaged rainforests. Even bat droppings (called guano) are valuable as a rich natural fertilizer. Guano is a major natural resource worldwide, and, when mined responsibly with bats in mind, it can provide significant economic benefits for landowners and local communities.

You can learn more at....

http://www.batcon.org

Bats definitely have a purpose.  Just sayin'

15 minutes ago, GoodFruit said:

The Truth about Bats

Here’s a few of the common myths about bats – and the real story:

All bats are rabid

Not even close. Bats, like other mammals, can be infected with the rabies virus and some of them are. But the vast majority of bats are not infected. However, a bat that can be easily approached by humans is likely to be sick and may bite if handled. Simply do not touch or handle a bat or any other wild animal and there is little chance of being bitten. Teach children to never handle any wild animal.

The Earth without bats would be a very different and much poorer place. More than 1,300 species of bats around the world are playing ecological roles that are vital to the health of natural ecosystems and human economies.  Many of the more than 1,300 bat species consume vast amounts of insects, including some of the most damaging agricultural pests. Others pollinate many valuable plants, ensuring the production of fruits that support local economies, as well as diverse animal populations. Fruit-eating bats in the tropics disperse seeds that are critical to restoring cleared or damaged rainforests. Even bat droppings (called guano) are valuable as a rich natural fertilizer. Guano is a major natural resource worldwide, and, when mined responsibly with bats in mind, it can provide significant economic benefits for landowners and local communities.

You can learn more at....

http://www.batcon.org

Bats definitely have a purpose.  Just sayin'

Sure they have a purpose, but in my state, they are one of the more common rabies vector. So I prefer not to be around bats. 

Moles have a purpose too, and you dont want them around to sully your lawn. At least my dislike of bats is based on avoiding disease lol.