IGNORED

Our mortal enemy has deceived the church with many lies!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 4:31 PM, woundeddog said:

not mother of God--God is eternal and has no mother

Well, lets see about that woundeddog. Jesus Christ is one person who possesses two natures. He has a Divine nature and a human nature. He is not a Divine person AND a human person, as that would make Him two persons.

A person receives his nature from his father. His Father's nature is Divine. Therefore, He is also Divine, which makes Him a Divine person. A person possesses a nature. A nature does not possess a person.Nature describes what a person can do, but the person does it.

Mothers give birth to totally complete persons, each with a nature. Never does a mother give birth to a nature alone. Natures do not have mothers, persons do. Therefore, Mary gave birth to the person of Jesus Christ, who is a Divine person, thus making her the Mother of GOD.

This is shown in Scripture: John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD." (unless you are a JW, they changed this verse to read. "and the Word was "a God". are you a JW?) and taken together with... John 1:14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us."

Elucidation...The Word was GOD and the Word was made flesh.Who supplied the flesh and blood of the Divine Word? The Blessed Virgin Mary did. She is the mother of the Divine Word Incarnate.

There are many other passages that support The Blessed Virgin Mary as the Mother of God such as: Jn. 20:28; Lk. 1:41-43; Lk.1:30-31; Mk.1:1; Heb.1:8 to name a few.

"God did not derive his divinity from Mary; but it does not follow that it is therefore wrong to say that God was born of Mary, that God is Mary's Son, and that Mary is God's mother . . . She is the true mother of God and bearer of God . . . Mary suckled God, rocked God to sleep, prepared broth and soup for God, etc. For God and man are one person, one Christ, one Son, one Jesus, not two Christs . . . just as your son is not two sons . . . even though he has two natures, body and soul, the body from you, the soul from God alone."---Martin Luther, (On the Councils and the Church, 1539). Interestingly, this is what the first Protestant taught regarding the Mother of GOD. Who then woundeddog, in all of Protestantism, is responsible for not following the teaching of their founder?

Peace

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

Peace- yes there is peace

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast

see faith alone- no works- no sacraments, Bible clearly says faith alone-- anything added to that is an act of pride saying to God-- "you are not sufficient to save me, I will help you by doing these rituals to show you I am worthy to be saved "-- we are not worthy- he saves because that's who he is- and that's what he does

With all due respect woundeddog, where in these verses does it say "alone"? Yes, these passages says we ARE saved by GRACE through FAITH and that is true. What these passages do NOT say is faith ALONE. You can't just add meaning to a verse that isn't there. These passages also says we are not saved OF ourselves. Also true... We cannot save ourselves by our works or otherwise. These passages tells us that our works cannot save us by our own merit.

These passages also has to be looked at in light of James 2:24 "You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone." You can't just throw out James or pass it off as having another meaning. This is non-sensical. Also, look at 1 Cor 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Peace

p.s. Happy to see you back participating!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

18 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Happy to see you back participating!

my mistake--just my old nature sneaking in wanting the last word, my clever arguments will not bring you into the family of God-- only Gods working by the Holy Spirit will-- I waste my time and yours- good bye

ps I prayed for you this morning

Edited by woundeddog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

3 hours ago, woundeddog said:

my mistake--just my old nature sneaking in wanting the last word, my clever arguments will not bring you into the family of God-- only Gods working by the Holy Spirit will-- I waste my time and yours- good bye

ps I prayed for you this morning

That's really all you can do.  You can tell them the truth, but until the Holy Spirit opens their ears, they will still adhere to the false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That's really all you can do.

You mean to pray for me? I'll take all the prayers I can get. Thank you! I too will pray for you.

You can tell them the truth

Tell "them" the truth? How do you know you have the truth?

but until the Holy Spirit opens their ears

How do you know The Holy Spirit hasen't already?

they will still adhere to the false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

Oh, you mean the supposedly false teachings that woundeddog posted in this thread? The same supposedly false teachings that I proved "not" to be false teachings? If you didn't see them, scroll back a few pages to get educated.

Also, I noticed you said..." false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church." Well, how about the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics?

Peace

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That's really all you can do.

You mean to pray for me? I'll take all the prayers I can get. Thank you! I too will pray for you.

You can tell them the truth

but until the Holy Spirit opens their ears

they will still adhere to the false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

Oh, you mean the supposedly false teachings that woundeddog posted in this thread? The same supposedly false teachings that I proved "not" to be false teachings? If you didn't see them, scroll back a few pages to get educated.

Also, I noticed you said..." false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church." Well, how about the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics?

(Please excuse the double post)

Peace

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

(Please excuse the double post)

Peace

I am a former Roman Catholic with twelve years of parochial school teaching.  My grades were consistently A's and B's.  If you want to know how I went from the Roman Catholic Church to being a born-again Holy Spirit filled Fundamentalist Christian, read my testimony.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

I am in all things aware that I am unequally yoked in my marriage to a man that has jumped so many times from Catholic to protestant and Catholic again two years ago in our 18yrs of marriage

While I find many of the "true practicing Catholics " fascinating I have some serious issues especially when it comes to there rejection of Salvation 0r (eternal security) .

I have never been able to understand  that. I have been trying to get my husband to explain to me where John 3:16 fits in and many other verses that were quoted by protestants in this thread but he confuses the daylights out of me.....I also believe that God is a forgiving God except in blatant blaspheme if I have to go to a man and ak him to forgive my sins instead directly to God or Jesus what's the point of even following Christ? Iis the preist or the pope perfect ?

My husband tells me that I worship my bible every time I open it up and pray scripture or pray over it....but he never stops to think could she possibly be trying to medidtate and pray the words or be asking God to show her something in her life?

Maybe you do that too some degree and thats great but do Catholics actually pray prayers from their hearts not from a missle ?

Why does one need beads to pray when there are prayers in the bible and God often lays things on a persons heart to pray?

Why is it necessary to Baptise an infant when they aren't capable of confessing their sins ? Why does it make you automatically Catholic>.

Two years ago I went against my convictions to humor my husband and let my kids (who are non verbal ans so severally autistic,they can't talk and aren't potty trained and are like 18 months too two in there minds) get baptised in a Catholic church and now my family claims they are just Catholic when I have raised them up until the age of 16 in protestant churches  ?

I have so many,many questions and no clear answers.. there is theological answers but i need simple ones

I have got that and much more from my religion. . I know in my heart that I am on my way to heaven and won't have to face the tribulation but i mentioned too many things that should go in other threads.

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I am a former Roman Catholic with twelve years of parochial school teaching.  My grades were consistently A's and B's.

So did I, they were some of the best times in my life :)

However, my grades were not as good as yours

If you want to know how I went from the Roman Catholic Church to being a born-again Holy Spirit filled Fundamentalist Christian, read my testimony.

Not especially. I'm sure it runs on the same line of other Catholics that left Christ's True Church that I've heard/read before. Although I would like it if you answered the questions I put forth to you a post or two ago.

Peace

p.s. Always remember, when or if the time comes, you will be welcomed home with open arms.

8 hours ago, Hoddie said:

So did I, they were some of the best times in my life :)

However, my grades were not as good as yours

Grades are meaningless to a certain extent.  It's a measure of what you know at a certain period of time.  I got A's (mostly) and B's without ever opening the Douay-Rheims Bible I found laying around, unused in my family home.  We were RC, and didn't need the Bible, only what the priest taught us on Sunday and what was learned in parochial school. 

Not especially. I'm sure it runs on the same line of other Catholics that left Christ's True Church that I've heard/read before. Although I would like it if you answered the questions I put forth to you a post or two ago.

You haven't read anything like my testimony.  And that's only the parts I'm allowed to share.

Peace 

p.s. Always remember, when or if the time comes, you will be welcomed home with open arms.

I know because I am a follower of Jesus, my Messiah, and His teachings.  I belong to no denomination or organization that separates me from God's love, patience and grace.  My hope is in Jesus.