IGNORED

Did Jesus go to hell?

Flsnookman

Ezra has the right of it; at this moment, the Lake of Fire (Gehenna) has no occupants, so Jesus would not have gone there. Tartaurus is where the fallen angels mentioned are imprisoned; since they knew from the beginning what they were doing and have no intention of repenting, Jesus wouldn't have gone there either. So, by process of elimination, that leaves Sheol/ Hades.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Ecclesiastes 12:7
 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Luke 23:46
 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

I  think  Jesus died completely, his hell was death and death could not hold him. His spirit was in  God's hands but dead.

Acts 2:24
 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

So, another meaning for hell is just death. (they way I see it)

(I know most of you disagree because you don't believe no body ever dies completely, the soul lives forever, even without Jesus.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/19/2016 at 8:11 AM, Bible_Gazer said:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Luke 23:46
 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

I  think  Jesus died completely, his hell was death and death could not hold him. His spirit was in  God's hands but dead.

Acts 2:24
 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

So, another meaning for hell is just death. (they way I see it)

(I know most of you disagree because you don't believe no body ever dies completely, the soul lives forever, even without Jesus.)

ELIAS the prophet the one who was taken up in the Chariot, what can you say about him? 

Was him a fictional person?  

31 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

ELIAS the prophet the one who was taken up in the Chariot, what can you say about him? 

No, but he did die in the faith. Nobody could live forever without Jesus coming first.

OT laws could not bring life

On 9/19/2016 at 4:25 AM, RobertS said:

Ezra has the right of it; at this moment, the Lake of Fire (Gehenna) has no occupants, so Jesus would not have gone there. Tartaurus is where the fallen angels mentioned are imprisoned;

since they knew from the beginning what they were doing and have no intention of repenting, Jesus wouldn't have gone there either. So, by process of elimination, that leaves Sheol/ Hades.

I don't think so you are careful what you say. To say "they have no intention of repenting",

This is not a sound statement, and I do not know the origin of it, so I can not comment where it comes from, but I know one think and I am quite sure that does not come from God. 

I have not read all the bible, but I have read that part in the bible that Jesus die to redeem man, and who ever believes in him, and that refferes only to man or mankind, so I am taken by surprise to use a polite word, to see someone who reads the bible make this kind of comment. 

Whose teaching is this? 

Where did you here it from? 

Or on what kind of book have you read it, because I know you are not the origin of this, to suggest that God had promise a Savior for the fallen Angel's, and that Saviors name is Jesus. 

20 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

No, but he did die in the faith. Nobody could live forever without Jesus coming first.

OT laws could not bring life

51 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Perhaps we are not talking about the same person.

I am talking about Elias who did not die. 

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Perhaps we are not talking about the same person.

I am talking about Elias who did not 

ELIJAH

Yes he did die in a different way than those who suffer from death. He was under the law of Moses, that could not give eternal life, so all died. Coming short of the promise.

Gal 5:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

ELIJAH

Yes he did die in a different way than those who suffer from death. He was under the law of Moses, that could not give eternal life, so all died. Coming short of the promise.

Gal 5:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I thought Elijah was taken alive to Heaven....

12 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

ELIJAH

I am short of understanding what you are attempting to communicate to me. 

You have raised some interesting issues from the new testament , which I like them, but if you could elaborate a little bit, about the prophet who was taken up and you said that he died different , that sounds interesting, and if you could say something about that. How the other people die, and how it is different for him. 

10 hours ago, Flsnookman said:

I thought Elijah was taken alive to Heaven....

Elisha saw him go up  into heaven which in this case up into the sky and saw him no more.

2 Kings 2:11-12
11  And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
12  And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

another scripture to help on this is.

John 3:13
 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.