• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

You realize that no sin such as this and no lie such as this is can ever take the place of Scripture, nor can it ever be accepted in the body of Christ,   nor was it ever accepted nor ever approved by Yahweh ? 

Well, I am at a loss over which portions of scripture you are in favor of and which ones you've ignored or discarded.

Exodus 23:19
Leviticus 11:13
Deuteronomy 25:11 
 Exodus 22:2-3
Exodus 21:5-6
Deuteronomy 22:8
Exodus 21:33-34

• Praying! 1

33 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Because it is not "fashionable" in today's society to be opposed to homosexuality and still say it is wrong.  The motive for this way of thinking is not motivated by scripture, or a love of what the Bible actually says or people would not torture the text profusely and repeatedly to make it say what they want it to say.  They say it is out of "love" but not all love is good love and just tacking the word "love" onto something does not justify it, sanctify it, or make it acceptable.  On one side is the fear of being labeled a hater or narrow-minded or old-fashioned or cruel and if you are at a party and the subject of homosexuality comes up and you say you still believe it is wrong, well, you are going to be viewed as a major Buzz Kill.  Many people that say they are Christians and are suddenly confronted with a family member or friend that is gay, they suddenly decide to abandon biblical orthodoxy and give in to secular societal pressure and condone the behavior so they do not hurt anyone's feels and make themselves look bad.  Others are trapped in this life style and want some kind of "spiritual" life, and these will gravitate to a church, or denomination or teacher that will accept their sinful lifestyle.  This is the "Come as you are, and stay that way" doctrine.  No repentance, forgiveness or abandonment of one's sin is required and no re-generation through the acceptance of Jesus is expected.  It sounds so great because it is the path of least resistance and nothing is required of anyone except feeling really "spiritual" and "accepting" and full of love, and cutting-edge and you can say Jesus' name once in a while for added virtual signaling and be assured that God is OK with your homosexuality because a preacher and a gay theologian told you so.  One problem is your salvation hangs in the balance and the guy in the brightly-painted wagon is not going to tell you he has just sold you a bottle of snake oil.  The biggest problem is that the con men teaching this falsehood get held accountable for it.  The people who swallow it and feel they have no need to change will be held accountable for it.  And the people who perpetuate the lie through a false sense of some fashionable sense of "tolerance" will be held accountable as well.  None of the people in the equation realize just exactly how high the price is going to be.  And when it comes time to settle up, they are not going to want to pay the bill.

It happened after I read this one passage:

"Treat others just as you would have them treat you."

So all other ideas must pass this test first.  
And the ones you've mentioned, fail.

• Praying! 1

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

You didn't know the word 'sodomy' meant lack of hospitality? LOL

Many people rely on preachers and don't actually read scripture.
In context, the passage is referring to a city that does not
treat it's visitors well.  The city of Sodom was guilty of
being "haughty". 

Ezekiel 16:49 "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom:

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

12 hours ago, OneLight said:

Skywriter, how do you read these verses?

Romans 1:26-32

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.  Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Read it slowly and carefully.

Do you wish me to divide which descriptions apply to me and which apply to you?

I'll make three more categories for Trump, Hillary, and Obama, just for fun.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

13 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Odd that you would only deal with one portion of the post and ignore the rest.

I was responding to the post calling attention to that one line, alone.  

• Praying! 1

22 hours ago, simplejeff said:

You may or may not be patient,  but no, not very knowledgeable,  or you would not even have thought 'hate' was given.

The lessons you need (as likewise most visitors and members here) , but have never learned, are all in worthychristianlibrary.com ......

It is at least several months to a years reading, and longer to learn, while also reading the Scripture the lessons come from. (even though they are tested and proven,  just like Apostle Paul said do not accept anything even if an 'angel' appears or an apostle tells you,  UNLESS it agrees with the Scripture/Gospel/GOOD NEWS already delivered..... )

Pauls was not a full convert.  He violated the golden rule on a regular basis.

He did not treat a number of classes of people the same as he would wish to be treated.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Most people, when it comes to scripture are not ignorant of what it says, if they claim to be believers, they simply do not want to accept what it says in regards to sin, homosexuality being just one of them, because everyone struggles with some sin issue.  If it is not sexual then it is some sin in some other form.

Yes,  sin is rampant, and willing, whether witting or unwitting or not I don't know. 

But there is no lack of ignorance....

Rather it seems most people are ignorant of what Scripture says, even if they claim to be believers. 

Compare for example all the titles of the threads, let alone the posts ,

just with the Scripture Knowledge and Wisdom Revealed in worthychristianlibrary.com on this site.

The Wisdom of Scripture in that simple relatively small library ,even just in any part of it almost,

is lacking everywhere - it is true what Yahweh says:  there is a famine, not of food and water, but a famine of the "hearing of the Word of Yahweh(God) " .....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, SkyWriting said:

Pauls was not a full convert.  He violated the golden rule...as a rule.

You don't appear to know the truth about anything,  having stated this.   (i.e. you are completely, utterly, wrong and sinning)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

You don't appear to know the truth about anything,  having stated this.   (i.e. you are completely, utterly, wrong and sinning)

I am only sinning when I violate a rule God has impressed on me. 

Would you like the  supporting text on that?

I'll go get it again for you, if you request.

Anything I am ignorant of, I am not held accountable for. 
But I do a lot of research so I'm up on quite a bit of scripture.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1