• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?

Psychologists, neurologists, and psychiatrists have their explanations for such phenomena, but I believe that demons are responsible. Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon that I myself used to experience occasionally, but since being born again these things have disappeared. If you've ever been through a night-terror experience it's pretty scary, especially the first time that it happens because you don't know what it is.

Jesus will protect you from such mischief. Any thoughts?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Guest bonnieschamberger

well Ive never had sleep paralysis ..and I dont believe Ive had night terrors but I did have some pretty horrible nightmares of demons chasing me when I first left wicca they went weeks into months I woke up at 3 am everytime and cried so hard everytime shaking and just would stay up the rest of the night.Went without alot of sleep for quite a bit ...some nights too scared to fall asleep.Eventually they stopped(all thanks be to God ) but there was no doubt in my mind that they were demonic.

Edited by bonnieschamberger
typing error

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What secular 'experts' have to say is not really my concern. Secular scientists and experts also claim that we evolved from monkeys and that there is no God. They don't have a great track record when it comes to understanding spiritual issues.

Demons ARE definitely responsible. My own periods of sleep paralysis stopped after giving myself to Jesus.

3 minutes ago, bonnieschamberger said:

well Ive never had sleep paralysis ..and I dont believe Ive had night terrors but I did have some pretty horrible nightmares of demons chasing me when I first left wicca they went weeks into months I woke up at 3 am everytime and cried so hard everytime shaking and just would stay up the rest of the night.Went without alot of sleep for quite a bit ...some nights too scared to fall asleep.Eventually they stopped(all thanks be to God ) but there was no doubt in my mind that they were demonic.

It's the same sort of thing. Fallen angels interfere with our dreams and try to mess with our heads. I'm glad that you've left Wicca and found Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Personally, I'm not one to discount demonic influence, but on the same note, they're also not the only tool in Satan's book, by any measure. Is sleep paralysis caused by demons? Perhaps, sure in some people. But, like with anything in life, its not a "black and white" game changer. Not all people who suffer this have demonic influences. Like has been pointed out there are actual scientific reasons for it such as neurological conditions. I believe PTSD can cause them to.

Sometimes, in reality we give the devil way to much credit (and power) at some point we just got to admit we live in a messed up world, and some of the bad things that happen, are simply the result of either living in a fallen world, our own bad choices, the bad choices of those around us, or more often then not a combination of the above.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

2 hours ago, OakWood said:

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?

Psychologists, neurologists, and psychiatrists have their explanations for such phenomena, but I believe that demons are responsible. Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon that I myself used to experience occasionally, but since being born again these things have disappeared. If you've ever been through a night-terror experience it's pretty scary, especially the first time that it happens because you don't know what it is.

Jesus will protect you from such mischief. Any thoughts?

While it is a neurological problem, the enemy can certainly use it to his advantage.  Nightmares and Night Terrors are different.  There have been people actually die from night terrors because they are awake but cannot react as they should.  There have been people that have jumped out of windows because in night terrors you think someone or something is chasing you.  

Nightmares I believe can be from the enemy.  That is the only time he can really have any control over the mind of a believer.  I think we have had a nightmare.  Night terrors are just horrible for those who suffer from them.  

Yes this can be the enemy's playground.

Blessings, RustyAngeL 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Satan or demons causing nightmares is not Biblical.

Question: "What does the Bible say about nightmares?"

Answer:
Nightmares are defined as dreams that produce a strong negative emotional response, such as fear or horror. Nightmare sufferers usually awake in a state of extreme distress, even to the point of a severe physical response—racing pulse, sweating, nausea—and they often are unable to go back to sleep for some time. The causes of nightmares are varied. Children, because of their active imaginations, are prone to nightmares, some so severe that they wake up screaming and crying. Extreme incidents of these are also referred to as “night terrors.” Eating certain foods too close to bedtime can trigger a nightmare, as can viewing scary movies. Going to bed distressed about life’s circumstances or after a fight or argument can also cause nightmares because of the brain’s continued activity during sleep.

There is no doubt that nightmares can be extremely disturbing, but is there any spiritual significance to nightmares? Dreams and visions are mentioned in the Bible, and God sometimes used the dream state to communicate with His prophets and others. God spoke to Abimelech in Genesis 20, warning him not to touch Abraham’s wife, Sarah. Other dreams include Jacob’s ladder (Genesis 28), Joseph’s dream that his brothers would serve him that led to his captivity in Egypt (Genesis 37), as well as his interpretation of Pharaoh's dreams (Genesis 40-41) that led to his being made the second most powerful man in Egypt. The Lord or His angel appeared to others in the Bible, including Solomon (1 Kings 3), Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 2), Joseph (Matthew 2), and Pilate’s wife (Matthew 27). None of these dreams, however, with the possible exception of Pilate’s wife’s dream, can really be called a nightmare. So it would appear that God does not usually speak to people through nightmares.

Some people think Satan or demons are infiltrating their minds during nightmares, but there is no passage in the Bible to directly substantiate this. With the possible exception of a dream Eliphaz claimed to have, there are no biblical incidents of demonic forces communicating with people during dreams or nightmares. Most likely, nightmares are nothing more than the brain’s way of contending with our fears and concerns as it continues to function during sleep cycles. If a Christian experiences continual, frequent nightmares that are interrupting sleep and causing emotional disturbance on a regular basis, perhaps medical help is in order. But, as in all things, prayer is our most potent weapon against any kind of emotional or spiritual distress. Praying for fifteen or twenty minutes prior to sleep is the most effective way to calm the mind and heart and prepare for restful sleep. As in all things, God grants wisdom to those who seek it from Him (James 1:5), and He has also promised His peace to all who seek it. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6–7).

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-nightmares.html

My own experience of sleep paralysis would often occur just before waking up. I had the feeling of something or somebody pressing down on my chest as if trying to enter my body. It was terrifying, and I just had to wait until I had woken up fully and could move then it would disappear. On one occasion my eyes were slightly open and could see everything in the bedroom including the entity which was a very dark human-like figure but I couldn't see a face. I could also hear the sounds of people talking in the rest of the house.

After I found Jesus, the entity tried one more time, but after trying to call out for Jesus (I didn't succeed as I could not speak, but I thought it out) the entity jumped off me and disappeared. I have never experienced such a thing again and that is why I believe that such attacks are demonic in nature. My curiosity led me to look into this and my experience echoes the experiences of many others. There are other testimonies of people who have suffered such attacks, but the attacks stopped after they became Christians. Some alien abductions are similar in nature, occurring when a person is asleep in bed. Many Christians are aware that extra-terrestrials don't exist and aliens from other planets are really deceitful demons or fallen angels pretending to be E.Ts.