IGNORED

sabbath day

AndyMan

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

EPH.2  [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:[7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.[8] FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.

It is by the grace of God that we are saved. Period. It is a free gift. But to whom is this free gift given? Verse 10 says that those people who will receive the free gift of grace will be walking in good works. What are these good works which GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED that "we must walk in"?

2 JOHN 1 [4] I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. [6] And this is love, that WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, AS YE HAVE HEARD FROM THE BEGINNING, YE SHOULD WALK IN IT.

Youve heard it from the beginning {before ordained}. Its the 10 commandments that we should walk in. But we will fall short. We will sin. No one but Jesus has kept the 10 commandments perfectly.

We are created in Christ Jesus for good works.  No one is debating that.  But you are still trying to make salvation an earned thing.  It doesn't say the gift is given to those who  will be walking in good works.   You are misquoting and misrepresenting that passage.   It says that the good works are the result of our salvation.   And he is speaking to Gentiles not Jews.  He is not talking about the Sabbath.

In II John 2, "His Commamdents"  isn't talking about the 10 commandments, but the commandments Jesus gave while on earth during His earthly ministry.

PSALM 78  [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.[2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old:[3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.[4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.[5] FOR HE ESTABLISHED A TESTIMONY IN JACOB, AND APPOINTED A LAW IN ISRAEL, WHICH HE COMMANDED OUR FATHERS, that they should make them known to their children:[6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:[7] That they might set their hope in God, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:[8] And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.[9] The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.[10] THEY KEPT NOT THE COVENANT OF GOD, AND REFUSED TO WALK IN HIS LAW;[11] AND FORGAT HIS WORKS, and his wonders that he had shewed them.

We all know who opened his mouth in parables and who established a testimony in Jacob. Yup, its JESUS CHRIST. So according to Eph.2 Gods people who recieve the free gift of grace, will be walking in the “WORKS” that God ordained {verse 7}. But...verse 9 and 10 prophecies of what will happen to the “many”, because they refuse to walk after the 10 commandments.

None of that has anything to do with not keeping the Sabbath.   You are acting like not being Sabbath observant, all by itself will send a person to Hell.

TITUS 1 [14] Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.[15] Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.[16] THEY PROFESS THAT THEY KNOW GOD; BUT IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

So a person who doesn't keep the Sabbath is abominable and reprobate?   Is that where you are going?  If so you are, again, teaching a false of Gospel of a works-based system of salvation.  You are not teaching the true, authentic New Testment Christian faith. 

Jim Jones – The cool-aid kid

A Hitler – wanted to be a priest

D Koresh- Youve heard of him

Are they all saved?

None of them were Christians; what do they have to do with this?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

In II John 2, "His Commamdents"  isn't talking about the 10 commandments, but the commandments Jesus gave while on earth during His earthly ministry.

ROMANS 13 [8] Owe no man any thing, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[9] For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Do you think scripture above is speaking of the 10 commandments

33 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

None of that has anything to do with not keeping the Sabbath.   You are acting like not being Sabbath observant, all by itself will send a person to Hell.

Not true shiloh. Lets look at Fred. A north american Indian who lived in the 1300s. He was a good man. Helped the widows and fed the hungry and was an all around good man. Many Christians would claim hes going to hell because Christ is the only way to be saved. You are saved to the kingdom. That will last 1000yrs. Then the great white takes place. Fred will not enter the kingdom but will be judged by his works with man at the great white throne. Its there Fred may attain eternal life. And good old Fred never even heard of the sabbath

REV. 20 [11]And I saw a GREAT WHITE THRONE, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and THE BOOKS WERE OPENED: and another book was opened, which is THE BOOK OF LIFE: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS

JOHN 5 [28] Marvel not at this: for THE HOUR IS COMING, in the which ALL THAT ARE IN THE GRAVES shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; THEY THAT HAVE DONE GOOD, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE; AND THEY THAT HAVE DONE EVIL, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION. [30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Most Christians claim the resurrection of damnation happens 1000 yrs after the resurrection of life. If you believe these scriptures you know that aint so

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, WailingWall said:

ROMANS 13 [8] Owe no man any thing, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[9] For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Do you think scripture above is speaking of the 10 commandments

I was referencing  II John 2.   "His commandments" refer to the commandments Jesus issued while on earth.   You need to prove that "His commandments in II John 2 are specifically referencing the 10 commandments.   If that is what John meant, he certainly had the ability to make that clear.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I was referencing  II John 2.   "His commandments" refer to the commandments Jesus issued while on earth.   You need to prove that "His commandments in II John 2 are specifically referencing the 10 commandments.   If that is what John meant, he certainly had the ability to make that clear.

Did you mean 2 John 1?

2 John 1:5-6 (KJV)
5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, WailingWall said:

Not true shiloh. Lets look at Fred. A north american Indian who lived in the 1300s. He was a good man. Helped the widows and fed the hungry and was an all around good man. Many Christians would claim hes going to hell because Christ is the only way to be saved. You are saved to the kingdom. That will last 1000yrs. Then the great white takes place. Fred will not enter the kingdom but will be judged by his works with man at the great white throne. Its there Fred may attain eternal life. And good old Fred never even heard of the sabbath

That is an assumption on your part regarding where he will spend eternity.   There is no way to God except through Christ.  What will God do with Fred?   Whatever he does it will be in keeping with His righteousness, whether Fred is in Heaven or Hell.  

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Did you mean 2 John 1?

5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Yes, and that is not referencing the 10 commandments.

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, and that is not referencing the 10 commandments.

Surely its the 10 commandments

LUKE 18 [20] Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

The translated word for commandments in the above scripture is “entole”. As you can see its the 10 commandments. No doubt about it.

The translated word for commandments in the above scripture is “entole”. Its the 10 commandments

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Surely its the 10 commandments

LUKE 18 [20] Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

The translated word for commandments in the above scripture is “entole”. As you can see its the 10 commandments. No doubt about it.

The translated word for commandments in the above scripture is “entole”. Its the 10 commandments

He is specifically referring to Jesus' commandments.  He is reminding them of Jesus' teachings.   It really is that simple.   I understand that you want to apply every reference to "commandments"  to the 10 commandments, but context simply doesn't allow for that, like it or not.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

He is specifically referring to Jesus' commandments.

Matthew 19:16-19 (KJV)
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Well, ya see what Jesus said. No doubt about it. The 10 commandments