How would you have handle this

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

"They" were not forbidden to read the SCriptures Rusty,they were at one time not translated or distributed for personal interpretation or study,the "mass" was in Latin & much later they translated to English a catholic bible,which the rcc calls the "Holy Bible"........enough about that,as I know from experience the rcc does not encourage children to read their "Holy Bible " but instead they teach catechism & give them a "missile to read & learn from.....but the point is,your friend chooses not to read any version of Gods Word.......he has more excuses than Carter has liver pills!!!!The Bible does not have any words your friend wants to hear & everything that is contrary to the lifestyle he chooses,that is why he won't read it!                                                          Love you,Kwik(but keep trying ......give him a Bible to read)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think you did an excellent job of handling it.  My husband was challenged to read "The Late Great Planet Earth" by a guy who witnessed to him while he was a traveling salesman.  Instead he went back to his motel and started reading the Gideons Bible that had been left in his room.  The Holy Spirit was drawing him and he couldn't put it down.  Of course he started reading in Genesis.  But the Spirit continued to draw him and soon he started going to church as well.

Sometimes being challenged does more to break down resistance than anything else, especially if you are male.