IGNORED

All Saints Day

markdohle

Guest BacKaran

Mark, if you read 1Sam 28 with the witch of endorsement calling up Daniel, you can seeds Samuel is displeased and does NOT give him the answer he is looking for. If Jesus doesn't answer your prayers it could be He's saying, No, Wait it He won't answer, but in it all His glory will be seen, not man's.

Guest BacKaran

Oh he's praying to dead people or in a church that believes that, how is he saved? He'd be compelled by the Holy Spirit to leave it as many have done.

Just because my rcc sibling s call them Christians, I discern by their words and actions and what they believe being under the rcc they are not. One can not serve two masters, it's either God or the devil.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BacKaran said:

Mark, if you read 1Sam 28 with the witch of endorsement calling up Daniel, you can seeds Samuel is displeased and does NOT give him the answer he is looking for. If Jesus doesn't answer your prayers it could be He's saying, No, Wait it He won't answer, but in it all His glory will be seen, not man's.

Thank you for your concern my friend, however what happened in 1 Sam 28 has nothing to do with what I am saying, however I have come to understand that for some it is impossible to get that across to ;-)......no problem. 

Guest BacKaran

Www.pro-gospel.org

I understand were are worlds apart but once you are out of the rcc, it becomes clear it's a false religion.

Praying for you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

4 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Www.pro-gospel.org

I understand were are worlds apart but once you are out of the rcc, it becomes clear it's a false religion.

Praying for you.

We all must grow in the love of Christ Jesus and one another, so I love you as a true sister in Christ, what you think about me is not so much my concern my friend.  I respect your opinion however and you are speaking out of love and concern for me.....let us pray for one another.

Peace
mark

Guest BacKaran

Can Roman Catholics be saved?

by Matt Slick

Can Roman Catholics be saved? Yes they can but not if they adhere toRoman Catholic theology. Like anyone else, salvation is found only through faith in Christ alone. Roman Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, etc., are no exception. Salvation is found only by believing the gospel that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead. This message is received by faith alone, and we can add no works to what Christ has done. This is why the Bible says we are justified by faith (Romans 5:1) without the works of the law (Ephesians 2:8).

However, in Roman Catholicism salvation is not by faith alone in Christ alone. In Roman Catholicism, that which is necessary for salvation includes the church (Catechism of the Catholic Church 846), baptism (CCC 1257), penance (CCC 980), sacraments (CCC 1129), service and witness to the faith (CCC 1816), keeping the ten commandments (CCC 2036, 2068, 2070), and detachment from riches (CCC 2556).

In other words, Roman Catholicism teaches works righteousness and because it does, anyone who seeks salvation in the Roman Catholic system will never find it.

So, Roman Catholics must repent of the false doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church and trust in Christ alone by faith alone for the forgiveness of his or her sins. There is no other way.

1. "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Rom. 3:28).
  2. "For what does the scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness." (Rom. 4:3).
  3. "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness," (Rom. 4:5).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

47 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Oh he's praying to dead people or in a church that believes that, how is he saved? He'd be compelled by the Holy Spirit to leave it as many have done.

Just because my rcc sibling s call them Christians, I discern by their words and actions and what they believe being under the rcc they are not. One can not serve two masters, it's either God or the devil.

In a church, who is the Church to you Karan?  It is all about taking Jesus as Lord and Savior of our lives.  To judge someone as where their heart is, is not something I care to do.  This is a very ugly, judgmental statement. I pray for your heart to be softened where you can offer Jesus and not be point a finger.

And yes before you ask I am a born again believer in Jesus.  He is the center of my life and I am thankful everyday for His Grace, Mercy and Unconditional Love.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I'm sorry but Halloween was originally a pagan holiday of Samhainn which celebrated the end of Summer, which was also the begining of the Celtic new year. It was one that the church confiscated with the intent of acclimatizing the locals to the Christian faith.

In ancient Britain and Ireland, the Celtic Festival of Samhain was observed on October 31, at the end of summer…. The souls of the dead were supposed to revisit their homes on this day and the autumnal festival acquired sinister significance, with ghosts, witches, goblins, black cats, fairies and demons of all kinds said to be roaming about. It was the time to placate the supernatural powers controlling the processes of nature. In addition, Halloween was thought to be the most favorable time for divinations concerning marriage, luck, health, and death. It was the only day on which the help of the devil was invoked for such purposes.

http://www1.cbn.com/the-pagan-roots-of-halloween

To me, what starts out as a Pagan holiday and has no roots in the Bible stays a pagan holiday and to make it seem more  Westernized doesn't make it any less toxic.

The following is from  http://www.witchology.com/contents/interviews/halloween_interview.php

Leo Ruickbie: The word comes from All Hallows' Eve(n), a Christian term meaning literally All Saints' Evening, being the night before All Saints' Day. The Christian festival was grafted onto an existing older pagan Celtic celebration. In the Gaelic speaking world this was known as Samhain, Samhainn, or Samhuinn, but the form Samhain is generally used by today's witches and other pagans. Modern Pagans pronounce Samhain as sow-ain, or sometimes sow-in, but historically there were many regional variation. In Scotland they said sav-en, in Ireland sow-in, and in Wales sow-een.

Please read the links on this. It could very well jeopardize something you don't want put in jeopardy.

You guys can play around with this all you want to, but I'm staying clear of it.

Guest BacKaran

Hi, 

I'm not judging his heart. Only God can do that but he can't be born again and remain in a false religion and church. Adrian Rogers days it better

The church is an assembly of all saved aka  born again believers.

I'm not judging his heart, but he can't believe he's saved unless he's out from a false religion. Why would anyone follow the pope or an imam when they don't follow Christ. Or even a protestant pastor, who in my case, never spoke of sin and the needed for redemption, it was all fluff and puff.  

There is more at stake here than just a mere difference of opinion. 
       As you will see, it goes to the very heart of the matter. 
            Will We Follow Truth or Error? 

Adrian Rogers, former head of the Southern Baptist Convention said, 

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. 
It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals, than falsehood that comforts and then kills. 

Let me tell you something, friend, it is not love and it is not friendship if we fail to declare the whole counsel of God. 
It is better to be hated for telling the truth, than to be loved for telling a lie. 

It is impossible to find anyone in the Bible who was a power for God who did not have enemies and was not hated. 
It's better to stand alone with the truth, than to be wrong with a multitude. 
It is better to ultimately succeed with the truth than to temporarily succeed with a lie.
There is only one Gospel
 and Paul said, "If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 Timothy 2:5King James Version (KJV)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...

who knows the heart of a man.  The lord knows the heart of all men and he and he alone is the judge. How do we earthly men that are with sin, grant a man sainthood and thus above other men.  Yes there are pious men that have lived by serving and following biblical standards and scriptures.   So only the lord can grant that sainthood status and  we should not call upon men who have gone on to the grave to do anything.

Because.

Jeremiah 17:9King James Version (KJV)

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

In biblical scripture a verse that outlines who is a saint is as the below example.

1 Corinthians 1:2King James Version (KJV)

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's: