• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Well I admit that Scripture mentions Jesus having conversation with "saints" that have passed on... so the subject isn't totally lost on me.

There is no mention of any praying by Jesus.

Matthew 17:1-3

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.  And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

If God wants to send someone to talk with me, then that is scriptural.  All else is not, unless I missed something really important in scripture that is plainly taught.

Guest Teditis
1 minute ago, OneLight said:

There is no mention of any praying by Jesus.

Matthew 17:1-3

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.  And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

If God wants to send someone to talk with me, then that is scriptural.  All else is not, unless I missed something really important in scripture that is plainly taught.

Nobody said "prayed"... that came outta your own head.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Teditis said:

Nobody said "prayed"... that came outta your own head.

That was what the discussion was about, so I was just following the conversation.   Sorry I missed your detour.

Guest Teditis
5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Yes Jesus talk with moses and elijah. And they had passed  on. Now if we ask someone still alive to pray for us we are asking them to intercede for us. Why is that ok if jesus is our only intercesor?  

That's something I think about when conversing with my Catholic brothers/sisters... it would seem okay, according to Scripture, that communicating with saints that have passed on is not forbidden.

Still, I prefer to talk to Jesus and God directly... I feel comfortable and completely heard by Them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Which saints are you praying to and or for? The bible tells us as a believer were are a saint, a priesthood with Christ that we inherited from His life, death and resurrection.

I always felt ashamed as a child that I could never achieve sainthood the way the church taught me so what was the point of doing anything good? I never could ever be good enough for anyone.

But God was patient and listened to my cries to know Him! I am a saint and it out all because of Christ, not because a church, a priest, a bishop or pope tells me I am one.

No need to pray to dead saints, we need to pray for those living saints who are being persecuted and murdered for standing firm in Christ.

Is this what you mean by the prayer? Blessings karan?

I don't believe he said anything about praying to saints.  At least not from what I read.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I agree that there are no "dead saints", but I would disagree that I should/could ask my "Uncle Joe" to pray for me anymore than I should/could ask for the Apostle John to pray for me.  Why else would the veil of the temple be torn in two from top to bottom other than to show us that we have direct access to the Father?  Do you think that God places more weight on who is praying?  I believe He looks at the heart of the one praying.  Once the prayer is done, God may chose someone to work on His behalf with direction and assistance to the one who prayed.

I see your point, but to ask your living brother to pray for you, or to ask St. John to pray for you is the same thing because we are one in the Body of Christ, I know you will disagree, One Body, One Lord, is central for me.  We are to love and pray for each other, why should that change when we become closer to the Lord in death?  Christ is the source of all grace, healing and mercy.  We are members one with Christ Jesus, death has no power over that.

Peace
mark

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Teditis said:

That's something I think about when conversing with my Catholic brothers/sisters... it would seem okay, according to Scripture, that communicating with saints that have passed on is not forbidden.

Still, I prefer to talk to Jesus and God directly... I feel comfortable and completely heard by Them.

Well said.

Guest BacKaran

Mark, 

I am sorry you are in the rcc and choose to believe the errors of the pope and their skewed theology. If you are open to hearing the Truth, please look up Mike Gendron who so eloquently gives the gospel message to the unsaved.

My prayers for you are that you are led by the Holy Spirit to come that false man made religion.

Blessings karan

Guest BacKaran

Today within Christendom all Saints day is celebrated.  It is in reality a feast day for allChristians, though many do not celebrate it

This was what led me to ask if he was praying to dead saints of in the rcc. Many do not celebrate all saint days or all hollows eve because it is from Constantine mixing pagan religions with some knowledge of Jesus and his apostles.

My husband died as a born again Christian. He and God cannot be in the presence of sin so my hubby has no clue what I'm doing, he can't hear my prayers, only Jesus can. Sin keeps me and him apart until I die or Christ returns. 

Jesus is God, He can have conversations with anyone, Hes the Creator! 

I disagree the Risen Lord is the same for rccers and those who at born again. That's like I asked a muslam of she was saved and she replied. I'm of the faith.... To the undiscerning it sounds like she said she was born again but it was far from that.

Let me ask you this Mark, do you think homosexual unions are an offense to God? Do you think the rcc should welcome homosexual couples?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

18 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Mark, 

I am sorry you are in the rcc and choose to believe the errors of the pope and their skewed theology. If you are open to hearing the Truth, please look up Mike Gendron who so eloquently gives the gospel message to the unsaved.

My prayers for you are that you are led by the Holy Spirit to come that false man made religion.

Blessings karan

Who said our brother Mark is not saved?   RCC is not the issue here.