• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I have a quick personal story and granted it was a 6 year old but my wife and I spent the night at a family members house and when we woke up we would kneel down by the bed and pray together audible.  The 6 year old came in and asked who were you talking to.  I told him God and he was amazed because his mom was not a christian as far as i knew.  So I asked him if he wanted us to pray for him and he said sure.  While praying for him he kept interrupting so that I would include some family member....let's call him Joe...I'd say and Lord bless Joe so that he would get to know you personally.  Then Joe would jump in and say and grandma....so I'd say grandma and it would keep going like that until the end.  He was so happy but ignorant of prayer.  I find adults who when they first come to Christ say they don't know how to pray.  There are a lot of things that are within the culture of christianity/religion that we expect is known by everyone...until we ask.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Remnantrob...

That is a very sweet story,adorable!                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

On 12/2/2016 at 11:40 PM, inchrist said:
7 hours ago, inchrist said:

John3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Until this fundamental understanding is achieved, we can not begin to try to understand Romans, Hebrews, and Galatians.

Maybe I just missed it. But I don't see how you addressed anything I wrote. Hebrews 9:22 makes clear there can be no remission without the shedding of blood. I simply don't understand your point of view. It makes absolutely no sense at all from a biblical point of view. The implication of your words is that for 2000 years every Christian and bible scholar has been wrong but you alone have it right. Nobody else has ever had it right in 2000 years. Wow. Either every Christian alive is in false doctrine and sin , except you or you have something wrong.  It seems to me you tried to talk about everything I said , without addressing any of it.  I feel no need to respond until you properly address my post and each point I made. 

God Bless

If you were  under the law, it meant that you were being trained by Hillel, or Gamaliel, or some Rabbinic School.

Listen to the context in which Paul is using this term  under the law:

Corinthians 9: 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law.

Paul was stating that he became as those under Rabbinic Judaism in order to win those who were  under Rabbinic Law.

There is a difference between being an ethnic Jew and a religious Jew who is abiding by the laws of Judaism. 

Paul was no longer following the laws of Pharisaism, but he was still still  under the Mosaic Law

Oh dear,that is not at all what that means,

Matthew Henry Commentary
9:15-23 It is the glory of a minister to deny himself, that he may serve Christ and save souls. But when a minister gives up his right for the sake of the gospel, he does more than his charge and office demands. By preaching the gospel, freely, the apostle showed that he acted from principles of zeal and love, and thus enjoyed much comfort and hope in his soul. And though he looked on the ceremonial law as a yoke taken off by Christ, yet he submitted to it, that he might work upon the Jews, do away their prejudices, prevail with them to hear the gospel, and win them over to Christ. Though he would transgress no laws of Christ, to please any man, yet he would accommodate himself to all men, where he might do it lawfully, to gain some. Doing good was the study and business of his life; and, that he might reach this end, he did not stand on privileges. We must carefully watch against extremes, and against relying on any thing but trust in Christ alone. We must not allow errors or faults, so as to hurt others, or disgrace the gospel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

Thats irrelavant...its how scripture defines what sin is

Since the majority of people on earth are not familiar with the Bible, God has given each one a conscience to distinguish between sin and not sin. So that's what is relevant. The conscience works for those without the Bible.

Maybe I just missed it. But I don't see how you addressed anything I wrote.                                Firestormx

I keep saying the same thing to myself & keep going  back to see if I skipped over something ......inChrist keeps repeating himself,we keep repeating ourselves,2 completely different conversations it seems?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I keep saying the same thing to myself & keep going  back to see if I skipped over something ......inChrist keeps repeating himself,we keep repeating ourselves,2 completely different conversations it seems?

Agreed. That would be how I am starting to see it. I just don't understand how anything I posted was addressed.

It wasn't,or at least I don't see it either:D

Again its irrelevant we are dealing with Christians                                                                              inChrist

Every word spoken here is relevant,we are speaking not only between ourselves & to Christians,what we say on this public Forum is read buy people all over the world

Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!

Glory to God!!!!                                                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

You tell people not to sin but you have no specifics about what sin is and what is not sin

We've been over this time & again,it's hard for me to imagine you don't know what is sin & what is not,it is hard for me to imagine you cannot differentiate which "laws" are applicable & which are not,it's difficult to imagine  how any Christian would not Receive Understanding on these simple matters but I suppose if you continue to rely on your own  logic & reasoning then you will continue to be bound by the Law.......................

Ezra boasts Christ,not the Law but the Grace of God in Jesus Christ.........our Living Redeeemer!