• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,872
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

1 hour ago, gerbilgirl said:

Thank you.  I have severe sensory issues so cannot handle music at church services (or anywhere) therefore I don't have a church.  Do you think if I was to find a pastor he'd talk to me even if I didn't attend church services?  I'm not sure what to expect.  

He will if he is truly working God's will. If you find one who won't, that's not a man you want to speak to anyway, not a church you want to be apart of, continue your search, and pray fervently that God will lead you to the right place and the right pastor!

Continuing to pray for you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you both!  PM'ed you kwik.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, gerbilgirl said:

First off, please don't judge me, I'm trying to change.  

I have high functioning autism.  As a result I have trouble with emotional regulation and impulse control and sometimes have meltdowns.  When I was younger I'd often hit my parents if I was overwhelmed by a situation.  I still do this occasionally but I'm really trying to stop.  I've never given them any serious injuries.  I used to always feel terrible afterwards.

However, more recently, I'm finding sometimes violence makes me happy.  I've read violent stories for pleasure.  I'm fighting the urge to do this right now.  Also, for about a year now I've had thoughts of hurting child family members.  One in particular annoyed me last Thanksgiving and I feel an urge to get back at him.  Also, I used to play with knives.

I don't think this is my autism anymore.  I do have some mental illnesses and hormonal imbalances and as a result am on 7 medications.  I'm wondering if this could be either from another condition or be a med side effect.  I'll talk to professionals but if its from a med I don't think there is any way to know which one since I'm on so many.  Enjoying the violence or wanting to be violent isn't who I used to be.  I used to be vegan I was so anti-violence to living things and I still limit the animal products I eat.  Prayers please, if that's not too much to ask?  

You are on 7 different meds? I don't pretend to be a doctor but I think it wise to go over this stuff with your doc to see what you REALLY need to be on. Cuz 7 meds, that sounds like far too much.

Of course we will pray for you kiss kiss.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, gerbilgirl said:

Thank you.  I have severe sensory issues so cannot handle music at church services (or anywhere) therefore I don't have a church.  Do you think if I was to find a pastor he'd talk to me even if I didn't attend church services?  I'm not sure what to expect.  

Of course there are pastors out there who would talk to you even if you don't go to church. I understand myself that many autistic people have sensory issues especially when it comes to noise.

I would like to also suggest that you look up Christian videos, on, say, youtube. Charles Stanley and the Trinity Channel are good choices for starters.

Watch that stuff and that can be like "going to church". A lot of people do.

Thank you @TheMatrixHasU71.  2 of my meds are similar so I've questioned why I need both of those but otherwise they do all have different purposes, but I'll talk to my doctors.  I've got 4 doctors and they all say different things about so much medicine so its hard to know who's right.  Some of them have talked to each other in the past but perhaps its time they talk again.  And thank you for the video suggestion.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 08/11/2016 at 9:32 AM, gerbilgirl said:

First off, please don't judge me, I'm trying to change.  

I have high functioning autism.  As a result I have trouble with emotional regulation and impulse control and sometimes have meltdowns.  When I was younger I'd often hit my parents if I was overwhelmed by a situation.  I still do this occasionally but I'm really trying to stop.  I've never given them any serious injuries.  I used to always feel terrible afterwards.

However, more recently, I'm finding sometimes violence makes me happy.  I've read violent stories for pleasure.  I'm fighting the urge to do this right now.  Also, for about a year now I've had thoughts of hurting child family members.  One in particular annoyed me last Thanksgiving and I feel an urge to get back at him.  Also, I used to play with knives.

I don't think this is my autism anymore.  I do have some mental illnesses and hormonal imbalances and as a result am on 7 medications.  I'm wondering if this could be either from another condition or be a med side effect.  I'll talk to professionals but if its from a med I don't think there is any way to know which one since I'm on so many.  Enjoying the violence or wanting to be violent isn't who I used to be.  I used to be vegan I was so anti-violence to living things and I still limit the animal products I eat.  Prayers please, if that's not too much to ask?  

Everything you see is but an illusion. An illusion built on the human assumption of good and evil, and this assumption is the corner stone of this world.

Jesus didn't really say "Make your tree good" because he wants you to be positive.

Good fruit is real love and love is like this

4  Love is patient and is kind; love does not envy. Love does not brag, is not proud,

5  does not behave itself inappropriately, does not seek its own way, is not irritable, does not keep a record of wrongs;

6  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

7  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings gerbilgirl

Just wondering how you are doing,I see you are around but just not on this particular Thread.....have you gotten around to suggesting your drs consult with each other or anything new..............you are in my prayers(as always:emot-heartbeat:)                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi kwik,

I went for an intake at a new counseling center and I start therapy Thursday.  The intake lady there seemed worried about me.  In other news I'm having a lot of muscle twitching, not sure if there is any relationship between the two but I'm thinking they both could be med side effects.  I am seeing my psychiatrist soon too.  Otherwise things are about the same as they were.  Thanks for checking up on me.          

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been really bad these past few days.  I don't know what to think.  Maybe God can't even help me.  

I suppose the one piece of good news is its no longer making me happy.  But still crazy thoughts and urges.

Edited by gerbilgirl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There is no such thing "God Can't"  He is the God the impossible.  My question to you is how much of an effort are you putting fourth  to seek Him?  

God is not going to run you over.  He will not go where He is not asked.  Seek Him above all things.  Get into His Word and spend time in His Presence, That is where your answers are.