markdohle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

We have to be true. At one time in history the only Christians were the Catholics. The Catholic Church is still christian. Pope Francis in writing the beatitudes was shedding light. Apostle  John wrote to walk in the light. He said in God is no darkness. So Francis was showing us how to walk in that light more clearly. What is wrong with that. I know I need to walk in the light more and more. I was studying 1Thess 4 last night. It was saying how to walk in a way that will please God. Does anyone think that because we have faith we will automatically walk in the light?  No because we still have the old man in us. The sin nature remains in us till christ comes. So we war with the sin nature and walk by the spirit. That is why the Apostles gave us commandments.  Like in 1Thess 4 Paul wrote this is the commandment we gave you . The commandments they have given us through the new covenant is to give us light . So we can see as we walk with God. There more to Christianity then to have faith. Faith is the beginning.  Then you have to add to your faith. Read 2 Peter. Peter said if you lack these things you have forgotten that you were forgiven your sins. 

Guest Teditis
12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Do you think the Lord was not capable of protecting Christianity without the catholic church? Do you think it was the catholic church and its traditions that saved Christianity? 

I think it was God that uplifted the Church, in Constantine's era, and formed the Catholic Church.

And that Church carried out God's Will in spreading the Gospel... for centuries.

Edited by Teditis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, markdohle said:

Everyone picks and chooses, that is why some central authority is needed, even if that authority does not always live up to its teaching.  As Jesus said, do what they tell you, not what they do.

Peace
mark

Mark - One day, in the twinkling of an eye, you're suddenly going to realize the error of your humanist reasoning. With Christian love brother, I sincerely hope you pray to the Lord for spiritual truth and discernment in the word of God. That He may open your heart to the truth, and not the traditions and fallibility of man that leads us astray. I prayed and asked the Lord to speak to your heart.

Pro 3: 5-6 (KJV)  5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

God Bless you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

I think it was God that uplifted the Church, in Constantine's era, and formed the Catholic Church.

And that Church carried out God's Will in spreading the Gospel... for centuries.

Well said.

peace
Mark

31 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Mark - One day, in the twinkling of an eye, you're suddenly going to realize the error of your humanist reasoning. With Christian love brother, I sincerely hope you pray to the Lord for spiritual truth and discernment in the word of God. That He may open your heart to the truth, and not the traditions and fallibility of man that leads us astray. I prayed and asked the Lord to speak to your heart.

Pro 3: 5-6 (KJV)  5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

God Bless you.

Well, yes please pray for me, the Lord always answers according to his will.

Peace
mark

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The Holy Spirit is responsible for the canon and the new testament. Not the catholic church. There were plenty of Christians outside the catholic church even in the early days. 

Well know there weren't, please study history my friend....or don't  ;-).

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:40 AM, Davida said:

Chaos  only happens when people stray from the BIBLE believing they can add to the WORD of GOD.

Chaos happens all the time. There are natural disasters. There is sin. We live in a fallen world. Adding to the word of God (Bible) is wrong. Yet as someone else already pointed out a lot of what the Pope said is already in the Bible.

God bless,

GE

23 hours ago, markdohle said:

Lots of people hold up the bible period, yet disagree often aggressively my friend.

This is so true! A person can read the Bible and have a very different view on a given passage. Yet there is one Holy Spirit that guides us all.

God bless,
GE

20 hours ago, Teditis said:

Some people don't seem to know why they believe what they believe.

Teditis what do you mean? Curious :noidea: 

God bless,
GE