• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, douggg said:

You say you go by the bible.   Where are you reading "the Antichrist" in any passage you have referenced?

As I have said, "anti-Christ" is synonymous with many other labels he is given in the Bible.

We do not have to be ULTRA-LITERAL in our reading to understand whom is being discussed when the evil prince-who-will-come is being discussed.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

The Remnant Jews are protected - Christians who DO hold onto the testimony of Jesus are persecuted to near extinction with the Great Tribulation.

You are not understanding the term remnant in Revelation 12:17.      The Jews who have fled into the wilderness are protected there.    Satan will not be able to

persecute them.      Those who did not flee into the wilderness in time are the remnant - remainder - who will be prevented from fleeing and will be persecuted during that time, times, half times.           The Jews will have become Christians at that time, believing that Jesus is the messiah, the promised King of Israel, son of David,  Lord and Savior.

11 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

False word test.  Try again.

You failed, not me.    You cannot find the term "anti-christ" in any of those passages.    

4 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

As I have said, "anti-Christ" is synonymous with many other labels he is given in the Bible.

We do not have to be ULTRA-LITERAL in our reading to understand whom is being discussed when the evil prince-who-will-come is being discussed.

LOL.... talk about double standards.     When I write something that is not directly written in the bible - then I am not going by scripture.    But when you write something not in the bible text and I challenge you on it - that's being ULTRA-LITERAL -   LOL.

Just now, douggg said:

You are not understanding the term remnant in Revelation 12:17.      The Jews who have fled into the wilderness are protected there.    Satan will not be able to

persecute them.      Those who did not flee into the wilderness in time are the remnant - remainder - who will be prevented from fleeing and will be persecuted during that time, times, half times.           The Jews will have become Christians at that time, believing that Jesus is the messiah, the promised King of Israel, son of David,  Lord and Savior.

It really is beyond you to tell me what my understanding is.  You do not possess that ability.

Now, you state that the Jews will have become Christians at the time of the midpoint when the anti-Christ is coming after them.  This pursuit is demonically empowered.  It is also countered by God.

There is no prophecy which indicates a wholesale conversion of the Jews to Christianity.  That is the province ONLY of certain folk who dabble in eschatology.

The evidence in end-time prophecy is that the Remnant Jews do not accept the Servant Messiah who is Jesus as their Messiah King until after the one 'seven'.

3 minutes ago, douggg said:

You failed, not me.    You cannot find the term "anti-christ" in any of those passages.    

It's a false word test.

Try again to stick to Scripture. 

Tell me where in the Scripture I referenced where I got it all wrong.

2 minutes ago, douggg said:

LOL.... talk about double standards.     When I write something that is not directly written in the bible - then I am not going by scripture.    But when you write something not in the bible text and I challenge you on it - that's being ULTRA-LITERAL -   LOL.

It's not a double standard.

Fact: the anti-Christ goes by many different names.

Two: you have no direct Scripture to reference for your many allegations.

Laugh out loud all you want.  Eschatology is too often the playground for fools and crackpots.  To look at end-time prophecy is very difficult, and not for beginners.

25 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Now, you state that the Jews will have become Christians at the time of the midpoint when the anti-Christ is coming after them.  This pursuit is demonically empowered.  It is also countered by God.

The person is not the Antichrist (the King of Israel)  anymore - when the person begins to persecute them.   The person will have become the beast.    The Abomination of Desolation will be a image made of the beast (first beast) in Revelation 13.    It says nothing about being Antichrist in that chapter.     The Jews are told to flee when they see the Abomination of Desolation standing in a holy place.

20 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Fact: the anti-Christ goes by many different names.

Give the exact bible passage which says that.  There is none.

You are making a wrongful assumption based on what you have been programmed to think from years and years of hearing commentary after commentary about the Antichrist - in error.    You don't even realize it !   And that is why I am having such a hard time with you.    I am trying to de-program you.   

btw, your thinking of the Antichrist the way you do, broadly based, is typical - because of the effect that noted bible commentators like Hal Lindsey, Jack van Impe, Chuck Missler, etc. you name them, they all make the same error, have had on a generation.    Same goes for commentators back down through history, like the reformers,  unfortunately.   

Instead of saying the anti-Christ goes by many different names -  to be correct, say "the person" goes by many different names.   The Antichrist is just one of them.

"The person" is the Antichrist - only for the time he is the King of Israel.    

When "the person" is the little horn, the revealed man of sin, the beast, the willful king in Daniel 11.....   he is not the Antichrist.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

WailingWall said:

After being changed in the twinkling of an eye, we meet the Lord in the air. Where do we go from there? All the Rapturist claim we are going to heaven. Thing is, i cant find where that is actually written. Can anyone point out the scripture that makes that claim

On 11/17/2016 at 3:16 PM, WailingWall said:

Thing is, i cant find where that is actually written.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:11 PM, Ezra said:

This is the problem with a lot of Christians.  They believe the Bible is a textbook on systematic theology, and that there is no room for using one's intellect and drawing conclusions. Well since the Lord descends from Heaven, where else would He go except back to Heaven with all the saints?

Also, using a mishmash of Scriptures to understand the truth is not how it works. Context does mean something.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:11 PM, Ezra said:

I am coming into this conversation waaaaaaay into the chain and this may have already been discussed here.

I think Ezra and a few of the other people posting make a very good point here.

Sometimes we just have to use logic in our determination.

The Lord was with God in eternity past (John 1) before creation.

I think we have to speculate what that looked like. I'm not aware of any description.

However, if I understand that heaven is where God is... not that God is in some created place called heaven (think about it, who created it for Him to go into?), then I may be able to come up with an understanding of what that is like.

I use my intellect to consider that;  seeing as we are talking about a spiritual being we are looking at a "spiritual heaven".

I don't think of it in the physical ways we are familiar with.

I once heard a Christian man say, just before dying "see you in a minute".

Now if you have ever been anesthetized for surgery you see the doctor giving you the anesthetic... and next thing you know you're waking up........seems like no time has passed...but it could be hours. Is that how it will happen when we die..we'll be asleep and time will pass in a nano second?.....could it be like that? I don't know.

The bible tells us that eventually there will be a new heavens and new earth and a new Jerusalem, but what happens to me between my death and my return...???? I'm sure I'll be with the Lord during that time.....in Heaven, will I be in the New Jerusalem before it descends from God.

Rev 21:1  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, because the first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and the sea was gone. 
Rev 21:2  I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven,...

For me....I will put that in the category of Faith.

Heb_11:1  Now faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists.