• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

And he's still the King of the North in verse 40!

What it says is that when the king of the south attacks "him", the king of the North comes against "him" like a whirlwind.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

When the king of the south attacks the beast who will have his army occupying Jerusalem at that time (Revelation 11:2), the king of the north will seize the opportunity and attack the beast from the north.     Additional news out of the north and east will trouble him.     The kings of the east coming to attack him, and the 'stan countries.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

One must read the entire chapter of 11:36-45 including 11:40

The willful king in verse 11:36 is the "king of the north"

Here he is again [Daniel 8:9-25

And again [Micah 5:5-6]

And again [Joel 2:20]

And again [Ezekiel 38; 39]

One must understand that it is Satan's design of his beast [Abaddon/Apollyon] in the human little horn who is the "king of the north" in prophetic scripture .... a king of the northern Middle East that some call the "antichrist]

The tidings noted in Daniel 11:44 are from the far east and north of the Middle East who are opposed to the little horn's rule over his Middle Eastern kingdom

This thread is about the Lord's early call for His "church" .... not an argument about who the king of the north in prophetic scripture is

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Can anyone help me? The Word says to prove all things and im havin trouble figuring out the resurrections. Not only how many but when they occur. I cant seem to fit the 1000yr rest using old testament scriptures. I know theres an answer. I just dont see it. HELP!!!!

"Can anyone help me? The Word says to prove all things and im havin trouble figuring out the resurrections. Not only how many but when they occur. I cant seem to fit the 1000yr rest using old testament scriptures. I know theres an answer. I just dont see it. HELP!!!!"

Three specific resurrections to immortality are noted in scripture:

The Lord's early call just before He brings His judgment of the coming tribulation period upon an unbelieving world for all of the dead in Christ and those living at the time [Revelation 3:10; Revelation 18:4]

His call to immortalize His two prophets at the end of the tribulation period [Revelation 11:7-12]

Those who will become believers during the tribulation [Revelation 6:9-11; 15:2-3]

You need to be ready for the first one .... could happen before this day is over .... no warning

There is one resurrection to the second death of a man's spirit

This will occur just at the end of the Lord's coming millennial kingdom upon the earth [Revelation 20:11-15] 

As far as the Lord's coming 1000 year millennial kingdom upon the earth this will come just after the days of the tribulation period [Revelation 20:4]

Here are some OT scriptures [Isaiah 11; Ezekiel 40-48; Micah 4:1-3; 5; Zechariah 14]

Any related questions ..... I will answer

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

There are a number of sources for brief glimpses of the resurrection in the Old Testament.  Is that your question (am not clear)?

I mean individual resurrections, not en mass as portrayed in Revelations.

just clarifying your question further....

Example:

http://www.doesgodexist.org/JanFeb11/Old.Testament.Teach.Resurretion.html

Excerpt regarding mass resurrection briefly alluded to here:

" The prophecy of Ezekiel concerning the dry bones coming to life certainly uses language that is suggestive of a resurrection of the dead (Ezekiel 37:1 –14). This passage is usually interpreted, however, as a reference to the future raising up and restoring of the nation rather than individuals. Many scholars also interpret the prophecy in Hosea 6:1– 3 as referring to the restoration of the people of Israel even though Hosea also used language suggestive of a bodily resurrection. "

Yeah Eileenhat those 2 scriptures point out a resurrection

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

PROPHECY OF THE FOUR WINDS!

MATT.24 [29] IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with a GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and they SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other.

DANIEL 7

[2] Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, THE FOUR WINDS of the heaven strove upon the great sea. [3] And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.............

[9] I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: HIS THRONE was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. [10] A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and THE BOOKS WERE OPENED. [11] I beheld then because of THE VOICE of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.........

But here in Daniel the BOOKS ARE OPENED. As the 4 winds blow. Same books that are opened in the book of Revelation?????????? At the Great White??????

Revelation 20:11-12 (KJV)
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Do you see my questions

Edited by WailingWall

Ezekiel 37 is symbolic of the reconstitution of the remnant of the nation of Israel into the land at the time of the end, this setting is not a literal resurrection to immortality

Also, the gatherings after the days of the tribulation are not resurrections of anyone, but gatherings of the mortal survivors of the tribulation .... the Lord will separate believers from unbelievers and those found believing will enter an populate His millennial kingdom upon the earth ... as mortals [Matthew 24:29-31; 24:31-46]

The 4 winds. Anyone ?

Example [Isaiah 11:12]

The 4 winds of heaven or 4 corners of the earth always designate direction upon the earth ..... from the east, west, north, south

.... typically to note gatherings from all directions to a central point of confluence 

21 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Example [Isaiah 11:12]

The 4 winds of heaven or 4 corners of the earth always designate direction upon the earth ..... from the east, west, north, south

.... typically to note gatherings from all directions to a central point of confluence 

Do ya think all these scriptures which speak of the 4 winds is a single one time event? If not, why?

No, there are other events describing these directional settings involving the 4 corners of the earth [east, west, north, and south] 

Israel is generally at the center of the vortex from which things come and go

The winds are always related to the atmospheric heavens in which the winds blow