• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well..as far as racking a weapon goes, I have had several self defense experts including former spec ops tell me the absolute best home defense weapon, especially for someone with little to no training is a pump action shotgun. Why? Because the racking of a shell is usually more then ample to scare of most common criminals without having to fire. Second, while it "gives away" your position, and the scare factor isn't enough to chase the bozo out its now loaded, and in the small confines of a house, it's highly unlikely for you to miss, so giving away your position isn't something that's likely to hurt you, unless your up against a professional killer, in which case your probably dead whether or not there's a shell in the chamber.

Lol

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Well..as far as racking a weapon goes, I have had several self defense experts including former spec ops tell me the absolute best home defense weapon, especially for someone with little to no training is a pump action shotgun. Why? Because the racking of a shell is usually more then ample to scare of most common criminals without having to fire. Second, while it "gives away" your position, and the scare factor isn't enough to chase the bozo out its now loaded, and in the small confines of a house, it's highly unlikely for you to miss, so giving away your position isn't something that's likely to hurt you, unless your up against a professional killer, in which case your probably dead whether or not there's a shell in the chamber.

Yep most everyone says racking a shotgun will scare someone- except the wisdom from Jeff Quinn.  I kinda like his take. I won't put up  the link here, but if interested it can be found. I enjoy his presentations on what is good enough for "social work", and enjoy his humor on a serious subject.

But so far, I have gotten along without need to use any real caution, other than common sense. I still enjoy life without excessive worries about this that and another-

God has been most kind.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

12799016_781063842024402_6025982832422654895_n.jpg

Well said Lieutenant Colonel! Well said!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Its better to have / carry a firearm and never need it than to desperately need it and not have one.

12 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Its better to have / carry a firearm and never need it than to desperately need it and not have one.

If you go your whole life carrying and never need it, you merely carried a couple extra pounds and die happy. But it only takes once without it to lead to a short life.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

If you go your whole life carrying and never need it, you merely carried a couple extra pounds and die happy. But it only takes once without it to lead to a short life.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Well said

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Looking on the even  brighter side, a short life ends the same way as a long one, with  "Hello My lord and savior Jesus!" for those that believe on our Lord. It's the quality of our life in happy bond service to our lord that we all cherish, far more than a long time of aches and pains in these corruptible frames. Our service and worship never ends! We are all blessed in that, whether we carry or choose to not carry weaponry. And if we do choose to carry  we might want to consider a good knife and learn Philippine knife fighting technics, lessons/ exposure to the subject available via NRA .

2 Corinthians 5:8 -  We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. -

p.s. - I guess the whole subject should be sufficient empetus to bring daily prayer to our lips for the safety and peace of mind for our pastors. 

Edited by Neighbor
added a p.s. sentence