• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

I have had a lot of adults ask me how I can be so strong in my faith. At first I really didn't know but the Lord has shown me that it's because of a disciplined schedule. I take time for everything I need to do to grow in faith and knowlege. Before I get out of bed I pray and thank God for giving me another day and to ask Him to guide me all day. Then I sit at my desk and read the Bible for half an hour. After breakfast I study the Bible for an hour. I use what's called the SOAP method. Scripture: I find one or two verses I read that morning that spoke to me and write them out. Observation: What caught my attention in the verses? What is the context it is used in? Application: How does God want me to apply this to my own life. and Prayer: I write out a prayer that God will help me to remember what I learned. I do this all with a notebook and write down notes for each area. This helps me learn the Bible and remember where to find the passage when I need it.

Then I do my schoolwork until 10:30. When I take my break I get my phone and prayer app and pray for everyone on my prayer list.

Then I go back to schoolwork. At lunch time Grandma reads us one chapter of Proverbs. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs so one for each day of the month. On 30 day months we read 2 one day. We spend half and hour listening to praise music and worshipping.

After schoolwork is done we do our singing and music practice. I usually start supper so it's ready when mom get's home. Now in the evenings I come here if I'm not singing somewhere.

I know that having a scedule is a lot easier at my age than for adults but let me give you something to think about. The Bible refers to the sacrifice of praise. Maybe the sacrifice for you is to get up an hour earlier or staying up an hour later. It might mean giving up a TV show so you have time to pray and study. If you want to grow in the Lord you have to put in some effort. I believe that having a disciplined scedule dedicated to my God is the key to being a strong useful Christian.

Edited by Sing40King

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Its true.I find when u make a scheduled time or way to do things spiritually, they work out much better as opposed to doing it haphazardly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

We are creatures of habit! We Christians must develop good habits.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

. If you want to grow in the Lord you have to put in some effort. I believe that having a disciplined schedule dedicated to my God is the key to being a strong useful Christian.                                                Sing40King

Amen Little Brother!!!!! Glory to God!!!  There is ALWAYS time for GOD,all our TIME is HIS.........He gives us every minute of every day and every breath we take...it ALL belongs to Him,we belong to Him........if God is FIRST in our life then EVERYTHING else falls into place                         With love-in Christ,Kwik