IGNORED

United Nations Resolution

I never said Palestine was classified as a country but the area was called Palestine. The Arabs who lived there were therefore Palestinians. That's not too difficult a concept is it? The issue is not what the Arabs did, that's a completely different issue. Palestinians were there for 400 years or so and they owned the land, many have the original deeds. Israel drove them off their own land, why should they be assimilated into other Arab countries, they want their own lands as any people would. That argument just doesn't make any sense. The same argument could be used against the Jews.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Edward S. Herman

Jewish settlers has accelerated dramatically in breach of Security Council Resolution 242 and of provisions of the Oslo agreements requiring both parties to respect 'the territorial integrity and unity of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.' The settler population in the West Bank and Gaza has doubled to 200,000 and increased to 170,000 in East Jerusalem." Also the demolitions of Palestinian houses, the diversion of water to Israeli cities and settlements, the policy of closures that has damaged Palestinian social and economic life, and the "widespread violation of their [Palestinian] economic, social and cultural rights" both within Israel and in the occupied territories. Also Israel's use of excessive force against Palestinians and hundreds of Intifada killings, "most of them unarmed demonstrators."

The settlements have been made in territory outside of Israel, technically "occupied" by Israel and subject to international law that clearly prohibits dispossession and settlement by the "belligerent occupying power" the Palestinians are "protected persons" under the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949; violations of that Convention, including dispossession and settlements, are "war crimes". This systematic violation of international law has been going on for several decades, just as the creation of new "facts on the ground" in brazen violation of Article 31(7) of Oslo has proceeded since 1993, but as the United States does not object, and in fact has supported these law and agreement violations by massive economic and military aid, and by vetoing any UN actions (it has used the veto an estimated 60 times to give Israeli ethnic cleansing and law violations free play), international law is not respected.

The racist discrimination in pushing out Palestinians in favor of Jews is cruel, scandalous, and reminiscent of the behavior of the Nazis (a comparison made often in the Israeli press, but not in the U.S. mainstream media). It was Nazi practice in occupied territories to dispossess the locals from homes.The Palestinians are targeted for no other reason than because they are Palestinians in a system where the family may only have 15 minutes to take out what belongings they have before the furniture is thrown into the street and their home bulldozed.

Before the Final Solution was decided upon by Hitler during World War II---there was active discussion in Nazi official circles of how alien peoples in occupied lands should be handled to best serve German interests. Partly, it was a matter of space needs--in 1940 Hitler claimed that "the Jewish question really was a space question," and Jews and others were expelled in Vienna and elsewhere to provide housing for Germans.

Similar debates have taken place in Israel between the "hardliners" on the one hand, who have favored forcible "transfer" and the "mass deportations of Arabs from the territories" (Netanyahu), and the "moderates" on the other hand, who want to rely on the now traditional methods of slow but steady dispossession and encouraging "voluntary" exit by impoverishment.

(Edited by Nebuchadnezzar at 9:22 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

(Edited by Nebuchadnezzar at 11:45 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

When you post something Nebuchadnezzar can you include a link of the source of your post?

With much agape love,

George

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

Hey Neb are you sure that doesn't come from one of those journalistic conspiracies that you all said media is.

And Lev may God continue to bless you in all your wisdom. I think I read in a well written and documented post earlier that it was the Jews that were originally called Palestinians. I'll look it up for you if you would like verification.

Love in Christ

Teri

Teri, the Jews have not been in Palestine since God dispersed them until recent modern history except a small handful. They obviously are not Palestinians.

Guest revfnb

Levi, You are correct in the fact that there were few Jews living in Israel before the 1940s - there was also not that many Arabs there - but certainly more than the Jews. The exciting thing is that God is bring the Jews back into the land in fulfillment of His Word.

Amos 9:15

Jeremiah 24:6

Jeremiah 31:8

Ezekiel 11:17

Ezekiel 37:21-22 which reads "and say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them ONE nation in the land, on the MOUNTAINS of Israel. There will be ONE iing over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms."

Question: Is a Palestinian State an option for God? That what Clinton, Arafat, and the Labor party in Israel tried to do with Oslo II. They tried to make two kingdoms in Israel - one Jewish and one Arab. No wonder it failed. The whole plan was against God's promises and God's plan. Should everyone and their brother and sister be saying to President Bush and his State Dept. don't back terrorists - don't encourage Israel to agree to a Palestinian State? I believe so.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Amen revfnb...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

Hey Tango, I'm Native American too and I agree with you. On the land issue. Aren't you happy the White guys won so we could now come to Christ?

Love in Christ

Teri

I would have prefered if they had evangelised them instead of slaughtering them and stealing their land Teri but they came mostly as colonial powers rather than the people of God. Anyway, if you want to deny the injustices done to your people that's up to you.

Maybe Ghadafi's idea would solve the situation. Declare all of Palestine Israel but include the Palestinians as equal citizens. Of course, Israel would never accept that even if there were no terrorists because they want a Jewish only state. Oh well, it was a good idea.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Quote: from Levi on 10:45 pm on Mar. 14, 2002

I would have prefered if they had evangelised them instead of slaughtering them and stealing their land Teri but they came mostly as colonial powers rather than the people of God. Anyway, if you want to deny the injustices done to your people that's up to you.

Maybe Ghadafi's idea would solve the situation. Declare all of Palestine Israel but include the Palestinians as equal citizens. Of course, Israel would never accept that even if there were no terrorists because they want a Jewish only state. Oh well, it was a good idea.

You have such a way with words Levi...... then again, that makes it interesting... The earliest of people did not come as colonial powers but in search of a "passage" to the east, the earliest of settlers came to escape to a land to worship GOD without judgement (some still seek this today) Later ignorant people did try to settle the "new world" these were the ones who conquered, imprisoned, killed and destroyed the people(s) living here already and they MASKED their actions under a self proclaimed title of being "christian."  Many were no more Christian than my car.  The amazing part is that God had a plan despite the atrocities committed by these ignorant and savage individuals.  That plan, I'm glad was fulfilled.  America was founded in bloodshed (something I hate) but look what came up.  A nation that has done MORE FOR spreading the Gospel than virtually any other nation on Earth.  Now, We as a nation stand at a "defining moment" in history.  On the one hand we can stand with Israel a friend to the United States or we can turn our back and do what....  Back a people filled with hate and loathing for all Jews...  You tell me which is the right decision.  We CANNOT ignore God's warning.  If we turn against Israel we will face God's wrath as a nation.  No-one needs to ignore that Israel is far from perfect but the answer is never in violation of God's word.  Israel is NOT two countries, one Israel and one Palestine.  The Palestinians are the ones seeking a nation from of Jews not the other.  Of coarse, that's just my two cents worth......

God Bless