IGNORED

Can a good christian also be a politician?

opportunitykenny

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, Blue Lotus said:

"Good Christian" , would be subjective of course. For some a good Christian is someone who knows a woman should stay home,not work, etc... For others, a good Christian is someone who is staunchly right wing. 

You get my drift? 
I think we have a number of Christians currently in politics. In fact we elected a Presbyterian just this past November. Would he judge himself to fit the category of good Christian? I don't know the man so I can't answer that. However, I did read commentaries about him during the campaign and when he said he's not asked God's forgiveness. And the debate that raised up in Christian circles surrounding that disclosure as to whether or not he qualified to even be a Christian. 

There are many Christians in politics. I think if someone is personally considering a run for a public office they have to decide for themselves if they can be a good politician and a Christian. And then pray and go from there. 

A christian, is not a subjective term. You either one or your not, and you are known by your fruits. It matters not what our definition of a Christian is or what it isn't, whether we think a good christian is a man who keeps his wife at home, is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is if he is a christian according to the Bible's standards. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Bretibart is more credible than any of the MSM, but if you prefer the MSM, thats your prerogative.  Just dont say that Breitbart is not credible because that would be more fake news.

That's the all inclusive issue with the fake news accusation hitting press now. Anyone can claim fake news and hope everyone thinks that's credible. It is a catch-all phrase that can be exploited by those with vested interest in disinformation and falsehoods. 

Business Insider 

Here Are The Most- And Least-Trusted News Outlets In America

pamela-engel.jpg
  • Oct. 21, 2014

pj_14.10.21_mediapolarization-01.png

What Is Breitbart News?By JONAH ENGEL BROMWICH AUG. 17, 2016 
  •  

So, What Is Breitbart?

The Breitbart News Network, usually just called Breitbart, is a conservative-leaning news website.

It was founded in 2007 by Andrew Breitbart, a former liberal from Los Angeles who became a conservative standard-bearer until his death from heart failure at 43 in 2012.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/business/media/what-is-breitbart-news.html?_r=1

Quoting the NY Times for a review of Breitbart News?  You must be joking!

2 hours ago, Blue Lotus said:

Oct. 21, 2014

Quoting news from 2014 to assess news media (MSM)?  You must be joking.

Since Wikileaks and the 2016 election all these so-called "credible" news sources have been exposed as "bought-and-paid-for" surrogates of Obama, Clinton, and the Democrats.  Looks like you are not keeping up with what's happening.

Rush Limbaugh has more truth and more insight that all these networks put together.

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/business/media/what-is-breitbart-news.html?_r=1

Quoting the NY Times for a review of Breitbart News?  You must be joking!

Quoting news from 2014 to assess news media (MSM)?  You must be joking.

Since Wikileaks and the 2016 election all these so-called "credible" news sources have been exposed as "bought-and-paid-for" surrogates of Obama, Clinton, and the Democrats.  Looks like you are not keeping up with what's happening.

Rush Limbaugh has more truth and more insight that all these networks put together.

You must be joking. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

12 hours ago, opportunitykenny said:

With what I have seen and experienced so far in the politics of at least my country, I can say that a good christian cannot set out to be a politician. If he is godly before he comes in, he will be corrupted by the system that operates there. And then becomes like them.

So if a good christian also be a politician, HOW and WHERE?

How is this possible? Where has it been done before?

Interesting questions... Let me share my opinion on this:

"he will be corrupted by the system that operates there. And then becomes like them."

Or that, or he is expelled from them (i.e. assassinated; dead)... At least in my country, that would be very possible. Or he/she could succeed and transform the people of the system, but that would be very hard.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

As people are refering to Joseph and Daniel of the Bible. These were the people: 

who had no political parties as we have today (some parties today even kill just because of political position); 

They did not even have any political ambition; (I mean the biblical Joseph and Daniel)

Infact, they were called to rule and lead as programmed by God.

So, if God has arranged it for a christian like that of the biblical characters, we are to faithfully accept the offer.

If not, you are to think twice as a good christian before going into politics of today.

Edited by opportunitykenny
typograpgical error

We will always have the office of POTUS in America. And the Legislature. And SCOTUS. Unless or until something occurs that wipes it all away. 

We're to be in the world but not of this world. What does that mean? 

We follow the rules, made by the rule makers. Knowing that this world is not all that there is. Unlike some who live in the material realm thinking more is everything and the only thing and no thing happens after they're dead. 

Meanwhile, those in an electoral Constitutional democratic republic have to take responsibility for one of two things as I see it. To vote for their leader and lawmakers, who then decide who sits on the SCOTUS bench of 9. Or not to vote for their leader and lawmakers.  

But regardless of what one chooses, those three branches are in charge of the nation we operate in as Christians and as citizens.  And I think if one among us believes themselves called by God to serve the office of man, in the spirit of Christ, so be it. Because as the Bible tells us, we will know them by their fruits. 

Donald Trump is the president elect. An avowed Presbyterian. I pray he serves Christ and the office of POTUS faithfully. We won't know till he's sworn in and given the chance. 

And then we'll know if he's a good president by how he comports himself as the Christian in the job. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 5:29 PM, The_Patriot2016 said:

I would say very definitely "yes" and if more Christians would step up, our country would be in a good deal better shape. It is difficult for a christian to get in for 3, reasons, one the lack of morality in our country right now, and the false belief by many Christians that you can't be a politician and a christian at the same time, and finally many Christians belief that Christians should not get involved in politics. 

Hope this is not being optimistic about something not realisable? Your goodself said: "It is difficult for a christian to get in for: one, the lack of morality in our country right now."Or you think this lack of morality has disappeared, will disappear?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

7 minutes ago, opportunitykenny said:

Hope this is not being optimistic about something not realisable? Your goodself said: "It is difficult for a christian to get in for: one, the lack of morality in our country right now."Or you think this lack of morality has disappeared, will disappear?

we live in a country that slaughters unborn babies in the name of "free choice" and parades every sexual deviancy possible in the street in the name of "civil rights" and condemns anyone who speaks truth as being "judgemental"  I think morality has already left the building.