• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

It all goes back to Abraham and the Abrahamic Covenant (which also included the Gentiles and the Church).

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (Galatians 3:16).

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. (Matthew 1:1).

Hi Ezra,

Nice to hear from you again. It actually all goes back to the counsels of the Godhead way before time. Before God made the earth & the heavens they planned that the Son would rule in every realm they made. He would rule on earth, having become part of the ruling tribe, & nation - kin, brother, to Israel. Then when He arose & ascended to the Father He sent the Holy Spirit with His `life` seed, & made a whole new race of people of which He is the Federal Head - kin, brother, to His body, to rule in the third heaven.

So it is that the Lord Jesus Christ is kin, brother to two races of people. This was planned in the eons before time. We need to always, but always refer to God`s purposes, otherwise we will get lost toing & froing about earthly things.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Ezra said:

It all goes back to Abraham and the Abrahamic Covenant (which also included the Gentiles and the Church).

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (Galatians 3:16).

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. (Matthew 1:1).

Hi Ezra,

A tad more....

` in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might RECEIVE THE PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT THROUGH FAITH.` (Gal. 3: 14)

Israel will receive the promise of the Spirit when they recognise their King, we, the Body of Christ receive the promise of the Holy Spirit as walk in obedience to the Head. Christ is the focal point & God`s purposes through Him, not Abraham. You have been side tracked.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Sorry, but the fact that Jesus is God permeate the whole Bible.   It is a foundational, non-negotiable  doctrine of Scripture and is also foundational to the Gospel.  Those who  teach need to affirm the basic doctrines of Scripture

Oh Shiloh, sigh....can we try to stay in the realms of reality? It is your combination of D'rash and Sod that you see Jesus is God and it is through this these interpretive vehicles you see this "permeate the whole Bible". It is not allowed by forum rules to discuss contrary to the Nicene Creed, you therefore have me at a disadvantage. Suffice to say whether your position is right or wrong, you should at least admit it is result of using a derived system of interpretation adopted by a Roman Church 400 years after Christ and this doctrinal tradition is now used as a gatekeeper to Salvation. This is Not what Yeshua or the Apostles taught, these facts should cause you great pause.

Edited by Zach

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Zach said:

Oh Shiloh, sigh....can we try to stay in the realms of reality? It is your combination of D'rash and Sod that you see Jesus is God and it is through this these interpretive vehicles you see this "permeate the whole Bible". It is not allowed by forum rules to discuss contrary to the Nicene Creed you therefore have me at a disadvantage. Suffice to say whether your position is right or wrong, you should at least admit it is a derived system of interpretation adopted by a Roman Church 400 years after Christ and this doctrinal tradition is now used as a gatekeeper to Salvation. This is Not what Yeshua or the Apostles taught, these facts should cause you great pause.

No, the Bible calls Jesus God and Jesus even claimed to be God.  I got this from Scripture not the RCC.   If you reject Jesus as God, then you are the one who needs to pause and reexamine Scripture.

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Zach said:

Oh Shiloh, sigh....can we try to stay in the realms of reality? It is your combination of D'rash and Sod that you see Jesus is God and it is through this these interpretive vehicles you see this "permeate the whole Bible". It is not allowed by forum rules to discuss contrary to the Nicene Creed you therefore have me at a disadvantage. Suffice to say whether your position is right or wrong, you should at least admit it is a derived system of interpretation adopted by a Roman Church 400 years after Christ and this doctrinal tradition is now used as a gatekeeper to Salvation. This is Not what Yeshua or the Apostles taught, these facts should cause you great pause.

If you want to debate the Deity of Jesus I am more than happy to join you in the Soapbox forum where we can debate it.   I will give you the honor of making the opening statement, stating your position on the matter.  The mods will set it up for us, and we can discuss it.   It is not a forbidden topic.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

No, the Bible calls Jesus God and Jesus even claimed to be God.  I got this from Scripture not the RCC.   If you reject Jesus as God, then you are the one who needs to pause and reexamine Scripture.

You really don't understand, do you?

1) forum rules forbid me to engage your first statement

2) no one mentioned Catholics

3) I'm just trying to get you to see your position is not a result of P'shat but of D'rash/Sod

4) lastly I'm saying ; non-negotiable doctrines of salvation should only be P'shat not D'rash/Sod

5) therefore you teach a condition of Salvation which is Not simply taught as a condition of Salvation by Yeshua or his Talmudim.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Zach said:

You really don't understand, do you?

1) forum rules forbid me to engage your first statement

2) no one mentioned Catholics

3) I'm just trying to get you to see your position is not a result of P'shat but of D'rash/Sod

4) lastly I'm saying ; non-negotiable doctrines of salvation should only be P'shat not D'rash/Sod

5) therefore you teach a condition of Salvation which is Not simply taught as a condition of Salvation by Yeshua or his Talmudim.

No the forum rules do not forbid that.  Inchrist rejects the deity of Jesus and says so on the boards all of the time.  I have had numerous discussions on here with people who reject the deity of Jesus.

And you're mistaken about something else.  P'shat absolutely applies as this is a direct and essential doctrine that is explicitly taught in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament.   To deny the Deity of Jesus is to call God the Father and Jesus, liars.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If you want to debate the Deity of Jesus I am more than happy to join you in the Soapbox forum where we can debate it.   I will give you the honor of making the opening statement, stating your position on the matter.  The mods will set it up for us, and we can discuss it.   It is not a forbidden topic.

I would be happy to debate Scripture teaches the acceptance of the Deity of Jesus as a condition for Salvation. 

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, Zach said:

I would be happy to debate Scripture teaches the acceptance of the Deity of Jesus as a condition for Salvation. 

Do you believe Jesus is God?

I will ask Steve to set up the Soapbox forum for us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Christ is the focal point & God`s purposes through Him, not Abraham. You have been side tracked.

Who said that Abraham was the focal point?  

What I have pointed out to you is that Christ came through Israel because of the Abrahamic Covenant, and I gave you the Scriptures to prove it. All of God's dealings with Israel relate to this covenant.  So it looks like you have been side tracked. Therefore, here's another Scripture to chew on (Rom 9:4,5):

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promisesWhose are the fathers, [PATRIARCHS] and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.