• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, Zach said:

Therefore please define "divinely inspired" "inerrant" and "infallible".

DIVINELY INSPIRED = GOD GAVE THE ACTUAL WORDS

INERRANT = THERE ARE NO ERRORS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER

INFALLIBLE = WHAT IS PROCLAIMED IS GOD'S TRUTH, NOT MAN'S IDEAS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Ezra said:

7 minutes ago, Ezra said:

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, [TANAKH] which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture [THE BIBLE] is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

You're not embarrassed to post this? Verse 15 clearly identifies the Scripture being referred to in Verse 16.

For you to do this you have to interpolate a new meaning to the word Scripture in verse 16 even though the text has already identified the word in verse 15. If you really respected Paul's writings as the divinely inerrant words of God, I think you'd be a little more cautious about superimposing your doctrine on the text, rather than letting the Bible interpret itself.

17 minutes ago, Ezra said:

He does not "say" it, but he quotes Luke as Scripture (just as he quotes from many OT passages).

Uh Huh, yeah, I figured as much. You know Luke and Paul were traveling companions, right?

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, Zach said:

I keep hearing people say this over and over, I've even looked for it. Where does Paul say the Gospel of Luke is equal to The Holy Scriptures?

I Tim. 5:18.  He quotes Jesus from Luke 10: 7 and calls it Scripture.

24 minutes ago, Ezra said:

DIVINELY INSPIRED = GOD GAVE THE ACTUAL WORDS

INERRANT = THERE ARE NO ERRORS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER

INFALLIBLE = WHAT IS PROCLAIMED IS GOD'S TRUTH, NOT MAN'S IDEAS

Okay, fair enough. "Inerrant" So you believe there are no minor errors in Scripture?

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I Tim. 5:18.  He quotes Jesus from Luke 10: 7 and calls it Scripture.

1 Tim 5:18

"For the Tanakh says "you are not to muzzle an ox when it is trading out the grain"  IN OTHER WORDS; "the worker deserves his wages"

Deuteronomy 25:4 

"You are not to muzzle an ox when it is treading out grain"

Luke 10:7

Stay in that house, eating and drinking what they give you; for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not keep moving from house to house. 

Ummmm....what part don't you understand about "IN OTHER WORDS"??? As in delineating it from Holy Scripture!

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Zach said:

1 Tim 5:18

"For the Tanakh says "you are not to muzzle an ox when it is trading out the grain"  IN OTHER WORDS; "the worker deserves his wages"

Deuteronomy 25:4 

"You are not to muzzle an ox when it is treading out grain"

Luke 10:7

Stay in that house, eating and drinking what they give you; for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not keep moving from house to house. 

Ummmm....what part don't you understand about "IN OTHER WORDS"??? As in delineating it from Holy Scripture!

What it actually says is:

For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain," and, "The laborer deserves his wages."
(1Ti 5:18)

Quoting from:

And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house.
(Luk 10:7)

What it actually says is:

For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain," and, "The laborer deserves his wages."
(1Ti 5:18)

Quoting from:

And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house.
(Luk 10:7)

Our translations disagree, it doesn't matter; cut this pie anyway you want, it comes out the same. In the section you highlighted, both Paul and Luke are loosely quoting Leviticus 19: 13 and Deuteronomy 24:15 therefore quoting Tanakh. Just because Paul supposedly quotes Luke who quotes Tanahk, doesn't mean Paul is identifying Luke's writing as equal to Tanakh.

I'm not challenging your doctrine, believe whatever doctrine you like. I'm just challenging you to be honest with the Text.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Zach said:

Our translations disagree, it doesn't matter; cut this pie anyway you want, it comes out the same. In the section you highlighted, both Paul and Luke are loosely quoting Leviticus 19: 13 and Deuteronomy 24:15 therefore quoting Tanakh. Just because Paul supposedly quotes Luke who quotes Tanahk, doesn't mean Paul is identifying Luke's writing as equal to Tanakh.

I'm not challenging your doctrine, believe whatever doctrine you like. I'm just challenging you to be honest with the Text.

Paul is quoting Luke who is quoting Jesus and He is calling both Luke and Deuteronomy, "Scripture."    I realize it bugs you, but God was letting first century Christians in on what writings were Scripture, like it or not.   They knew more about what comprised Scripture in the NT writings than you are willing to give them credit.

Paul is quoting Luke who is quoting Jesus and He is calling both Luke and Deuteronomy, "Scripture."    I realize it bugs you, but God was letting first century Christians in on what writings were Scripture, like it or not.   They knew more about what comprised Scripture in the NT writings than you are willing to give them credit.

I call "foul"! I posted actual verses and verse references to support my position, and you counter with this? Where does Luke quote the phrase we are discussing from Jesus? Furthermore, if Jesus spoke these words he was quoting Torah. Like I said; however you want to cut the pie it comes out the same: 1Timothy 5:18 is quoting Torah.