Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I seen people with good intentions say when you pray you must claim it in christ name. I must say with proper respect that this is really false and a very bad thing.                                       The prayer of faith is bibical. But to speak i claim something in faith is not the prayer of faith.                                                       Its not even humble. The prayer of faith is when the holy spirit will speak to you and let you know if it is Gods will. Then knowing the spirits voice you can be certain you will receive what you ask for.                                      Some things are told us very clearly that it is Gods will. Like to not have sex outside of marriage. You can be sure of this. Its Gods will from his word.        To claim it without it being Gods will is to tell God what to do. That wrong and not humble. God will speak to you if he wills it to be. We can prayer and say if it is your will lord. Then wr must wait to see what the lord wants. He may say yes and you will have your desire. He may say no because God has another plan.    But dont claim answers that God has to fulfill. If the holy spirit speaks to your mind then you can have faith in it. God has told you his will before hand.           

i meant this to post in the general instead of prayer. Sorry.

I hear what you are saying Wayne, I do slightly disagree, however. Which is fine, as we all have our individual interpretation of what a passage/scripture means.

The "Claim it" line of thinking comes largely from Job 22:28 - "Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways."

While I won't get into a discussion of "out of context", I will say that most prayers outlined in the Bible are a "commanding" type of prayer. Even looking closely at The Lord's prayer; it is not a "pleading, asking" type of prayer, it is basically written in the form of a command. The individual praying the prayer is issuing a command..."Give us this day..."

Maybe I should say that I do believe it the "claim it" approach if I know it lines up with God's will, with what the Word already states.

What I do agree with, there are folks that do take the claim and attempt to apply it to whatever lax type of lifestyle they choose to live. I recently came across YouTube vids of a church...? in which their worship band, who are incredibly talented, play secular songs during the services. The pastor quotes Paul in legalizing their music choices. This church holds thousands of people, it looks huge. I may post it in another section on here at some point for discussion.

2 hours ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

I hear what you are saying Wayne, I do slightly disagree, however. Which is fine, as we all have our individual interpretation of what a passage/scripture means.

The "Claim it" line of thinking comes largely from Job 22:28 - "Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways."

While I won't get into a discussion of "out of context", I will say that most prayers outlined in the Bible are a "commanding" type of prayer. Even looking closely at The Lord's prayer; it is not a "pleading, asking" type of prayer, it is basically written in the form of a command. The individual praying the prayer is issuing a command..."Give us this day..."

Maybe I should say that I do believe it the "claim it" approach if I know it lines up with God's will, with what the Word already states.

What I do agree with, there are folks that do take the claim and attempt to apply it to whatever lax type of lifestyle they choose to live. I recently came across YouTube vids of a church...? in which their worship band, who are incredibly talented, play secular songs during the services. The pastor quotes Paul in legalizing their music choices. This church holds thousands of people, it looks huge. I may post it in another section on here at some point for discussion.

Yes i know what you mean brother. But if you claim something in faith and you except God to honor that because of the faith behind it. But it turns out God is against the idea . Will he affirm it and bring your prayer to pass ? He will not. He is not subject to anything against his will. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

You can claim in Jesus' name the things God has promised like protection from the enemy, healing in some cases, and to send angels to comforts people in pain. This is an act of faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The name it and claim it people I know like to quote verses from John 14 through 16.  In there, you will find a few incidents where Jesus says that if you ask anything in My name, He will do it, or something similar.  What people fail to accept that Jesus first sets a stage where those who are asking, are living according to His will, not theirs.  In other words, His will has nothing to do with our flesh, our personal desires derived from envy or covertness, or the world.

Guest Teditis

While I tend to stay away from "Name it & Claim it" doctrines, I do believe that there is a lot of potential

for the average Christian to call on the Name of God and claim His promises to be in force today.

Matt. 9:29... believing God is instrumental to our faith in Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Well 'claim it' if you want.  However, in the Our Father, it says "thy will be done".   In the Garden Jesus truly prayed that "the cup be taken away", however, if only the Father willed it.  I have known some people lose their faith because they did believe in the 'Name it Claim it' doctrine  (?) and when it did not work lost their faith......as if God and God's will was something contingent on their understanding.  Mature faith is a long journey and we must lose many false notions of God.  We also forget to see how God worked in the lives of many saints, they suffered greatly yet held to the promise that Christ Jesus was always with them.  This 'claim it" is used by the people who push the prosperity gospel in many cases.  Each of us will face hard times, or get very ill and eventually die, we will see loved ones suffer and no matter how much we pray, events will follow their course.  This is simply life, Christ Jesus is with us as we journey through this life, but we will not be protected from the ups and downs in life.  Miracles do happen I believe, but I do believe we get what we need, not what we want. 

Peace
mark