• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

When I was a young boy I went to Church with my family every Sunday. We were always really early because my dad played guitar in the orchestra. He loved playing his acoustic guitar for the Lord and wanted it to be perfectly tuned. I’m certain that dad loved all the songs and hymns but there was one particular song that was dear to his heart. When ever the song request was offered from the pulpit I’d lift my hand as high as I could. Then, sometimes, I would get picked to make a request. I would always request that one song which I knew my dad loved dearly. I’d watch dad play, sing and shout with such passion that as a boy I couldn’t describe it. Looking back now I know it was something glorious!

This is such a treasured memory and I’m blessed when ever I recall it. So as I learn guitar I purpose in my heart to make that song the first one I ever learn to play. Then I will go home to visit my dad. I’ll bring my guitar, and sit down to play that song with him. The both of us, playing our guitars and singing together! I will try to match his passion note for note. I’ll sing as loud as him even if I don’t really have excellent talent. I long for this more than any thing else. It will be the highest peak in my mountain of memories. I pray that God help me bring this to fruition.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother

And I will join you in prayer in honor of your dad & to HONOR our Heavenly Father,,,,it is a BEAUTIFUL memory indeed......now,may I ask? What is the song?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! Very appreciated! The song? Well, I'm working on drawing that out of him. It's so long ago, I know I'll figure it out. It has to be beyond a doubt, the one I am thinking of. I'll know it when I hear it so I search right now.

Tyler

i think it's either "Power in the Blood" or "I'll fly away" one of those

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  762
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/10/1982

Brother!  Thankyou for sharing that beautiful memory! I pray for you -that you'll be able to play that song with guitar to bring honor to your Dad and also your Heavenly Father! I hope when you play it someone, somewhere  will blessed -As you were! 

Thank you so much! I called my Dad today and we finally agreed upon "Power in The Blood". And he told me he feels very honored by what I want to do! Thanks for your prayers.