• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 1/26/2017 at 0:07 PM, Willa said:

In Romans 7 Rom 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? May it never be! However, I wouldn’t have known sin, except through the law. For I wouldn’t have known coveting, unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” Rom 7:12  Therefore the law indeed is holy, and the commandment holy, and righteous, and good.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Therefore the Law of the Lord is perfect and good, and it shows us our need of a Savior.  Thus it plays a role in our conversion since it becomes a tool of the Holy Spirit.  The testimony of Jesus Christ makes us wiser than many college professors who don't profess Jesus.  Psm 111:10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."  It is the foundation of wisdom.  1Co 1:18  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1Co 1:26  For you see your calling, brothers, that not many are wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, and not many noble; 1Co 1:27  but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;  1Co 1:28  and God chose the lowly things of the world, and the things that are despised, and the things that don’t exist, that he might bring to nothing the things that exist, 1Co 1:29  that no flesh should boast before God.

1Co 2:14  Now the natural man doesn’t receive the things of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can’t know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I can't dispute the OP Psalms 19:7.   All of God's Word is truth.

Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

We fulfill the law by walking in the spirit. Walking in the spirit is living by loving God and man. If you are loving to someone you will not lie to them. But the ten commandments are the old covenant. We are given a new covenant. Which is the giving of the Holy spirit.We walk in newness of life. Not oldness of the letter.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

We fulfill the law by walking in the spirit. Walking in the spirit is living by loving God and man. If you are loving to someone you will not lie to them. But the ten commandments are the old covenant. We are given a new covenant. Which is the giving of the Holy spirit.We walk in newness of life. Not oldness of the letter.

Hebrews 10...God says "I will write my commandments on their hearts and minds and I will be their God and they will be my people"....so if God's law is written on your hearts and minds you belong to God and are one of His people.

Not the old covenant laws.The law of love God's love will be writing on our hearts. Of course we are given writed admonition not to lie or fornication. Because we are sanctified by the spirit of God.But the ten commandments is the old covenant. We are not under the law. We are under christ. He is our law.

9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Not the old covenant laws.The law of love God's love will be writing on our hearts. Of course we are given writed admonition not to lie or fornication. Because we are sanctified by the spirit of God.But the ten commandments is the old covenant. We are not under the law. We are under christ. He is our law.

The ten commandments are part of the new covenant..Jesus referred to them on numerous occasions, as did the Apostles...what do you think God wants written on your hearts and minds if you are His people?  What do you think Jesus was referring to when He said in John 14.15 'if you love me keep my commandments" and in Matthew 19.17 when Jesus said "to enter into life keep the P" and He goes on to identify the ten commandments...what do you think , apostle John in 1st John was referring to ch 2 when He said 'those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them"..the list goes on and on....but false teachings received by "christians" seem to want to negate the true word of God

Just now, heretoeternity said:

The ten commandments are part of the new covenant..Jesus referred to them on numerous occasions, as did the Apostles...what do you think God wants written on your hearts and minds if you are His people?  What do you think Jesus was referring to when He said in John 14.15 'if you love me keep my commandments" and in Matthew 19.17 when Jesus said "to enter into life keep the commandments" and He goes on to identify the ten commandments...what do you think , apostle John in 1st John was referring to ch 2 when He said 'those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them"..the list goes on and on....but false teachings received by "christians" seem to want to negate the true word of God

22 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

The ten commandments are part of the new covenant..Jesus referred to them on numerous occasions, as did the Apostles...what do you think God wants written on your hearts and minds if you are His people?  What do you think Jesus was referring to when He said in John 14.15 'if you love me keep my commandments" and in Matthew 19.17 when Jesus said "to enter into life keep the P" and He goes on to identify the ten commandments...what do you think , apostle John in 1st John was referring to ch 2 when He said 'those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them"..the list goes on and on....but false teachings received by "christians" seem to want to negate the true word of God

The ten commandments are the old covenant. It's in the bible. Read the books of moses.The new covenant  is the given of the Holy spirit. By walking in God's love you fulfill the intent of the law. But we  are no longer under law. We are dead to the law. So we can put on christ. If your not dead your old man will live and you will live in sin. But if you have died with christ your new man will live and you will obey God. Yes there are commandments in the new covenant  that is part of sanctification.  Not the same as keeping the law (ten commandments )the law was a schoolmaster till Jesus came. Now the law cannot give life. It gives only death unless you keep it perfect all your life.But christ gives us life. We are being made in his image day by day. 

Paul said in Romans"do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law." and "it is doers of the law that are justified, NOT hearers" And Apostle John said in 1st John 2 Those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them"...and "this is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are NOT burdensome...

You are confused between the Mosaic law, the 600 or so sacrificial, circumcision, food etc laws which Moses wrote down and gave to the people..these ended as per Acts 15..and are known as the law of Moses.

The law of God, or God's law was written by the hand of God Himself, and has no expiry date..it is the moral law which we as a society are expectled to live by, and especially anyone who calls themselves a christian. 

Are you a seventh day adventist ? The ten commandments are good to show we are sinners.Sin is the transgression of the law. Once we are in christ we have a new master Jesus the christ. You can live by the ten commandments if you want to. But I will rather follow christ. 

Are you a roman religious follower?   They don't seem to like God's commandments either..maybe the pope can save you right?

As one who loves God, and loves Jesus I will follow His commandments...Jesus said in John 14.15 "if you love me keep my commandments"  and in Matthew 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments", and He goes on to describe the ten commandments...this is God's law..

But you have free will to follow the pope or whoever you chose to follow...