• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

9 minutes ago, soonsister said:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

I believe the holy spirit is Jesus because Jesus was God. And God is the Holy Spirit. Remember the passage about Logos? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men” (John 1:1-4)

Think about what scripture says in John 14 about the Holy Spirit.  Why would Jesus ask the Father to send Him again, if He is the Holy Spirit?  Jesus said "another helper", not Himself again, as we read in John 14:15-16: "If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever"

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Think about what scripture says in John 14 about the Holy Spirit.  Why would Jesus ask the Father to send Him again, if He is the Holy Spirit?  Jesus said "another helper", not Himself again, as we read in John 14:15-16: "If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever"

Because Jesus was fully divine and fully human at the same time. However, in the body of a mortal human he would be positionally inferior to his Father in order to exist as Logos in human flesh.

Just now, soonsister said:

Because Jesus was fully divine and fully human at the same time. However, in the body of a mortal human he would be positionally inferior to his Father in order to exist as Logos in human flesh.

Still, that does not show that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the same deity.  Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit using many different terminologies, none which point back to Jesus. 

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Still, that does not show that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the same deity.  Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit using many different terminologies, none which point back to Jesus. 

I and the Father are one” (John 10:30)   God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24)

Just now, soonsister said:

I and the Father are one” (John 10:30)   God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24)

Still, this only speaks of the relationship between The Father and The Son, not even speaking of the Holy Spirit.  Here are all three together.

Luke 3:21-22

When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

Here you have:

1. Jesus being baptized
  2. The Holy Spirit descending onto Jesus
  3. The Father speaking

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Still, this only speaks of the relationship between The Father and The Son, not even speaking of the Holy Spirit.  Here are all three together.

Luke 3:21-22

When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

Here you have:

1. Jesus being baptized
  2. The Holy Spirit descending onto Jesus
  3. The Father speaking

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” Acts 5:3-4

Philippians 2 5-6In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:Who, being in very natureGod, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

Godhead

( Acts 17:29 ; Romans 1:20 ; Colossians 2:9 ), the essential being or the nature of God.

1 hour ago, soonsister said:

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” Acts 5:3-4

Philippians 2 5-6In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:Who, being in very natureGod, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

Godhead

( Acts 17:29 ; Romans 1:20 ; Colossians 2:9 ), the essential being or the nature of God.

Yes, the Holy Spirit, like the Father and Son, is part of the trinity, or God Head, each being God.   I see you like studies.  May you enjoy these ... https://bible.org/gsearch?search=trinity

All are God. God is one. When God is a spirit how could He not be the Holy Spirit?

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, [Colossians 2:9]

1Timothy 3:16Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit,was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, soonsister said:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

I believe the holy spirit is Jesus because Jesus was God. And God is the Holy Spirit. Remember the passage about Logos? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men” (John 1:1-4)

Like I said to Brakelite that notion, that Jesus is the Holy Spirit defiles simply logic when reading the Bible.   Jesus isn't sending Himself to earth to be a comforter.   The text in the plainest sense indicates that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are two different people.  Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit in the third person pronoun "He."   That defies any claim that they are the same Person.  No one speaks of his or herself in the third person in normal conversation.

Otherwise, you would have Jesus saying something to the effect of, "Unless I depart, I cannot send myself back to earth  to be the comforter."  That makes absolutely no sense.  

You also have another problem.   Jesus is in Heaven serving as our High Priest.   Jesus is in a physical body still, so He is not the Holy Spirit.    Jesus is in Heaven serving as our advocate before the Father.  The Holy Spirit is on earth as our comforter, not as our advocate.   They are two different persons with two separate roles in which they serve.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Like I said to Brakelite that notion, that Jesus is the Holy Spirit defiles simply logic when reading the Bible.   Jesus isn't sending Himself to earth to be a comforter.   The text in the plainest sense indicates that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are two different people.  Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit in the third person pronoun "He."   That defies any claim that they are the same Person.

Otherwise, you would have Jesus saying something to the effect of, "Unless I depart, I cannot send myself back to earth  to be the comforter."  That makes absolutely no sense.  No thinking person can accept that logic.

You also have another problem.   Jesus is in Heaven serving as our High Priest.   Jesus is in a physical body still, so He is not the Holy Spirit.    Jesus is in Heaven serving as our advocate before the Father.  The Holy Spirit is on earth as our comforter, not as our advocate.   They are two different persons with two separate roles in which they serve.

"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you." John 14:26