Shane

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

King James Version, simply becasue it is a superb translation of the right Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, while the new versions are based on a handful of corrupt manuscripts no one usedin church history.

I refer to other versions as helps and commentaries, knowing they are fallable. But I have God's infallable Word and can show it to you.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I have a question...............what is the difference between the Modern King James and the New King James????????????? :thumbsup::):):)

Yomo

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have a question...............what is the difference between the Modern King James and the New King James????????????? :mgqueen:  :mgqueen:  :mgqueen:  :mgqueen:

Yomo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Yomo there is not much difference between the NKJV and MKJV they are still based on the Textus Receptus. They are simply in more understandable English. :mgqueen:

Thanks for all the posts guys, as for RevBillBob I will simply ask you to please rather refrain from posting as I politely asked for this thread not to rturn into a KJ only thread. As far as I am concerned KJ only advocates might as well be in a cult I will not even debate the issue because it is pointless.

I look forward to hearing from anyone else as to what versions you prefer and just to make it clear I have no problem eith the KJV I use a NKJV as well as NASB and ESV. These are the ones I use for study and I have a number of others as well. :mgqueen:

So far I am glad to see no one takes the Message and other paraphrases to o seriously, as I believe these really are taking paraphrase too far.

Guest RevBillyBob
I use the Modern King James Version (not to be confused with the NKJV). I also use the NASB and KJV as comparison. When Im in the mood, I use the Geneva bible and the original 1611 olde english KJV. I love reading the olde english with its unique spellings.

Sorry Rev, but I disagree that the other versions are not of God. Homosexuality etc did not come about because of bad bible versions. That evil happened because mankind is degenerate by nature. Many of these problems you point out were in vogue long before 1973. We are approaching the end times when evil will run rampant. It is to be expected that homosexuality and the like will increase. I dont like it, but there isnt much I can do about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, Brother, you put words in my mouth. I didn't say that the two evils I mentioned came about BECAUSE of the new versions. I was simply pointing out by example that I see that as a time when evil really started advancing as the end of the approaches, as you so accurately stated. The NIV didn't create homosexuality, it just says it's o.k. as long as homosexuals are not criminals. The NIV had a lesbian heavily involved in guiding the use of language.

As a Brother in Christ, I would like to challenge you to check the websites I listed and compare any new version to the KJV. If the one of the new versions is the Word of God, the KJV CANNOT be and vice versa. If a new version is truly God's Word, which one is it?...or is God having trouble making up his mind? The new versions are all different, for example the NASB has been rewritten 6 times, and the NIV has been changed many times, with each version becoming more liberal and less definite. If you are given light to see, when you see things like that the Trinity is obscured/missing from some of the new versions, you will realize that this is not a matter to be taken lightly, but that Christ in you is being attacked by Satan's minions.

God bless you, Brother!

Guest RevBillyBob
I have a question...............what is the difference between the Modern King James and the New King James????????????? :mgqueen:

Guest RevBillyBob
I have a question...............what is the difference between the Modern King James and the New King James????????????? :mgqueen:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I thought it would be interesting to see what bible versions are the most popular among the board.

With respect to the original request, let's keep away from the "KJV only" argument, please. This is not a thread for any one person, or persons, to argue which version is "the best" or "the holiest." Save it for another time, in another thread.

Guest Galatians3:24

My favorite Bible version is King James Version 1611....by process of elimination. Truth seeker.... :mgqueen:

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things.

1 John 4:1 Test the spirits

Edited by Galatians3:24

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Yeah, lets not pick, from what I have heard (so I am not a scholar) the Message Bible is actually more accurate than many thranslations. Because he took into mind along with the original text the cultural implications and setting.

BUT My favorite verse is Matthew 6:34. 6:33 is Seek ye first...... but often people leave the verse following, which I think goes hand in hand with it.

NIV

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

33Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.    34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

KJV

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.    34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

NKJV

33But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I think God has and does lead those whom he chooses to help His children have a better understanding. It is up to God to guide each of us to His word, and to discern what He feels about that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

My favorite Bible version is King James Version 1611....by process of elimination.  Truth seeker.... :mgqueen:

1 Thessalonians 5:21  Prove all things.

1 John 4:1  Test the spirits

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The version most regard as the 1611 KJV is actually from 1769. The 1611 KJV has these verses.

1Th 5:21 Proue all things: hold fast that which is good.

1Jo 4:1 Beloued, beleeue not euery spirit, but trie the spirits, whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The 1611 KJV also contains the apocrypha.