• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

whysoblind said

Did you know that The Message Bible, for example, is a New Age version? It is so twisted in some of the passages that it literally looks more like a Wiccan book, then the Holy Bible.

This is completely untrue!

Shelby said:

I think God has and does lead those whom he chooses to help His children have a better understanding. It is up to God to guide each of us to His word, and to discern what He feels about that.

Amen Shelby :mgqueen:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Okay, then if we cannot restrain ourselves from arguing semantics, I will simply close this thread. Sound good to you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

We use KJV. But I am looking for a good Geneva Bible with notes. In case you don't know, the Geneva Bible was the version just before KJV and is the version used by the Puritans and Pilgrims. We have also been looking at ESV. I hoped to find ESV/KJV interlinear but no success yet. :mgqueen:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

With respect to the original request, let's keep away from the "KJV only" argument, please. This is not a thread for any one person, or persons, to argue which version is "the best" or "the holiest." Save it for another time, in another thread.

Its sort of hard to honestly address this topic, without discussing false Bibles. There are a lot a "translations" that are done where the text is twisted to further support the group's pet doctrines, rather than portray Spiritual Truth. Did you know that The Message Bible, for example, is a New Age version? It is so twisted in some of the passages that it literally looks more like a Wiccan book, then the Holy Bible.

The point is, just because it is called a "Bible" that doesn't make it a reliable translation of the original Greek and Hebrew Bible texts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it's hard to address this topic without discussing false Bibles at all. The Original Poster asked us to mention which versions of the Bible we use and enjoy. It's very simple to list the one(s) you use.

The Original Poster also asked us not to get into debates over different versions. My understanding is that the OP's requests are to be respected. It's beyond clear that different people use different versions for different reasons. There doesn't need to be an argument or a debate every time someone mentions a version of the Bible. :mgqueen:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Okay, then if we cannot restrain ourselves from arguing semantics, I will simply close this thread.  Sound good to you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great to me! The Original Poster asked a simple question and requested that debates over Bible versions not be gotten into. The OP's original post is supposed to be respected!!!! Why do people forget that repeatedly???

Don't mind me, I've been a tad on the grumpy side today. :mgqueen:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

We use KJV. But I am looking for a good Geneva Bible with notes. In case you don't know, the Geneva Bible was the version just before KJV and is the version used by the Puritans and Pilgrims. We have also been looking at ESV. I hoped to find ESV/KJV interlinear but no success yet. :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an interlinear bible with kjv in margin, and strongs numbers on every word. This one places the translated word underneath the hebrew/ greek language. I like it a lot. You can get the Geneva bible and the notes on esword for free. There is a place you can also purchase "historic" bibles (like Geneva bible), but they tend to be pricey.

Sorry to be off topic, but I had hoped to answer this members dilemna.

Guest Falling

I like to read large amounts with NIV then dig deeper with KJV, I love the daily bread devotional site because it lets you change between many versions of the scripture and compare the text. :emot-hug:

Guest The Chief

New American Standard Bible here (used by my school as the translation of choice), along with the NKJV, KJV, and occasionally the NIV. The NASB is a more "word-for-word" translation than the KJV, but less so than the Interlinear Bible (which i use, as well.) Granted, the NASB is not the best Bible for just general reading, but is an excellent study Bible for the serious Bible student. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/20/1973

I only have an old NIV Bible, but after reading all your replies I am going to search out a good Study Bible.

Thanks for sharing all your favorites, it really does help us newbies.... :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I have the text versions of the original 1611 KJV and the Geneiva Bible.

Very difficult to read and understand. It is like a different language.