IGNORED

If you have nothing nice to say - Don't say it!

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Ezra said:

Not at all.  "Silence is golden" in many situations, and the Bible commends those who keep silent rather than spout nonsense.

A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards... Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him. (Proverbs 29:11,20).

I see the wisdom in that Ez, but my issue is if I say my opinion (not nonsense, just what I think on a matter we talk about), feelings get upset because it may not be how the other person sees it and then the silence or complete end of subject, dismissed  and new conversation. And because of that, we can never really delve into any subject at all.

I always hold my peace, for the sake of peace.

But I'm not being honest then am I?

I hope I'm not coming across as a spoiled brat - but there comes a time......

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have said nothing. And I just said nothing. so ha.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I do pray for the problem to resolve, so that there is peace within. I also pray that the end result will be to  the benefit of both parties.

By some comparison, I have found that I have not done well by waiting out discord. I end up exploding at some point, and then rebuilding what I smashed in my angry release of words and emotion is an ever more difficult task than was enduring the situation before. Being right and demanding acknowledgement of it does have it's consequences.  So I guess I suggest don't wait so long that the anger and hurt builds up to a breaking point. Be incremental take on discord early on when it is smaller and easier to overcome, if you can. If not, might as well expect  a hard landing when you finally do explode with your anger/hurt no longer contained.

In reading Psalm 119 this morning in preparation for attending  morning fellowship services I have spent time at Psalm 119:125-128 and found myself led to think of situations where there is discord in my life that is not solvable by me. I compared that to how the psalmist was handling his angst and problem. Maybe there is some  guidance to be found there,  I don't know. Yet I share  of it in case there is some enlightenment there  for  anyone suffering a wrong. I am studying  the stanza Ayin in the fuller light of the entirety of the  Psalm, always fearing the taking out of context a short passage or verse  to force  justification of a point as I may want it to be made, instead of th eway God has intended it to be used for benefit..

God bless and may He guide you well.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

15 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I see the wisdom in that Ez, but my issue is if I say my opinion (not nonsense, just what I think on a matter we talk about), feelings get upset because it may not be how the other person sees it and then the silence or complete end of subject, dismissed  and new conversation. And because of that, we can never really delve into any subject at all.

HisFirst,

It is inevitable that feelings will get hurt when you point out the error which someone else promotes or holds to.  But you cannot tip toe around a subject for that reason.  As long as you believe (and know) that you are speaking the truth in love (as we are instructed to do) that is all that should matter in a public forum. On the other hand, in personal relationships, there are times when you must simply remain silent to maintain peace.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If you are around someone who is mature and responsible, speak up. But, for those who don't come to this forum :-) better to be quiet.

Guest Thallasa
23 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Firstly, I'm not talking about here on Worthy, although it would be applicable in any scenario.

My question is : Is this hypocritical?

Aren't we to tell the truth?

God know's what we are thinking - yes, I know we need tact, but sometimes the truth isn't nice but needs to be said.

Sometimes silence comes across as agreement to something you totally do not agree with.

Am I making sense?

I am having a bit of an issue with this, as I always seem to have to keep my mouth shut but I want to speak also but know the other person will either get upset or not speak for awhile........

John 1 vv46,47

And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”

*Jesus actually praised Nathanael for his honesty even though the comment was negative.

Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him and said to him, "Behold an Israelite indeed , in whom is no deceit!"

Well would it not be a good idea since you wish frankness to say whether you are male or female .It is difficult to address a  ?

10 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Well would it not be a good idea since you wish frankness to say whether you are male or female .It is difficult to address a  ?

Hi Thallasa,

I'm female :)  and I guess I'll have to edit my profile as having "not telling" is not being very honest but it is for more privacy than anything but I think by my replies to ppl, it's obvious what gender I am. (Although we haven't communicated before :) )

To everybody who has taken the time and replied to my original post in this thread, thank you very much!

You guys and gals have helped me enormously!! I really appreciate it.:emot-heartbeat:

Guest Thallasa
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:02 AM, HisFirst said:

Hi Thallasa,

I'm female :)  and I guess I'll have to edit my profile as having "not telling" is not being very honest but it is for more privacy than anything but I think by my replies to ppl, it's obvious what gender I am. (Although we haven't communicated before :) )

I understand that on certain forums one must be careful ,but here is very safe ;For me the problem becomes one, of making oneself 'neutral ', and we are not made 'neutral ' .:o

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, HisFirst said:

To everybody who has taken the time and replied to my original post in this thread, thank you very much!

You guys and gals have helped me enormously!! I really appreciate it.:emot-heartbeat:

Vous etes tres bien venue . Me, I am  too direct sometimes on the net for brevity .:)