• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

7 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

God is always in control, that does not mean things will be rosy and cheerful for us.  God was in control during 2 world wars and the extermination of billions of people. 

One thing we have learned about Trump in the last 10 days, if he says it, then he will try to make it happen.  So, when he says we should steal Iraq's oil, he not only believes it but chances are there is something in the works to try and make it happen.   I do not think a thing that Trump says can be taken anyway but as something we can expect to happen.  

See - this is what I mean - you've taken the situation we have now and seemingly put it on the same level as the most horrendous events of the past century (btw, I've seen stats that claim between 60 - 100 million people exterminated, but yours is the first I've seen that claimed billions.)

I'd like to see EVERYONE (you, me, critics, supporters) dial it back.  It kind of reminds me of what happened at a church my family attended back in the 80s in Oklahoma.  

The church building and property was almost literally wiped out by an incredible amount of rain which occurred in a short 24 hour period.  At the time, it was called a 500 year flood (which to me meant it was a very rare thing).

Two years later, after rebuilding, the church was almost wiped out again by a similar event.  So what did we have? Two 500 year floods occurring within two years of each other?  

Or, more likely, was the first event mischaracterized as being more rare than it actually was?

Likewise, extreme things are rare - in nature as well as politics.  If we go 'over the top' with everything that happens, we lose perspective and,  with that, credibility.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

See - this is what I mean - you've taken the situation we have now and seemingly put it on the same level as the most horrendous events of the past century (btw, I've seen stats that claim between 60 - 100 million people exterminated, but yours is the first I've seen that claimed billions.)

I'd like to see EVERYONE (you, me, critics, supporters) dial it back.  It kind of reminds me of what happened at a church my family attended back in the 80s in Oklahoma.  

The church building and property was almost literally wiped out by an incredible amount of rain which occurred in a short 24 hour period.  At the time, it was called a 500 year flood (which to me meant it was a very rare thing).

Two years later, after rebuilding, the church was almost wiped out again by a similar event.  So what did we have? Two 500 year floods occurring within two years of each other?  

Or, more likely, was the first event mischaracterized as being more rare than it actually was?

Likewise, extreme things are rare - in nature as well as politics.  If we go 'over the top' with everything that happens, we lose perspective and,  with that, credibility.

Blessings,

-Ed

I was not putting things on the same level, I was giving a time that God was in control yet things for a lot (maybe even most) humans were pretty bad.   

So, God being in control gives me peace to sleep at night, but it does not keep me from being concerned about my government.  It did not for the last 8 years and it will not for the next how many I am alive for. 

As I said, I have learned to take Trump at his word, and if his word is we will find a way to steal oil from Iraq, I believe he will try. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

He is a dangerous man, what he will do to this country in the next four years while his followers are cheering it all, will not be looked back upon with fondness.   It is statements like this that make me wonder about his connection to reality. 

Well I expected that reaction from you but I put it into perspective.  It won't happen.  The people don't have the appetite for that whole mess again.  Btw, if I remember correctly, the left also predicted GWB would lead us into a totalitarian society.

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

Oh my goodness, Saved!  That was an awesome post and it put a lot of things into perspective for me (since I tend to be a hot head) and I agree.  Too much extremism going on.  And, I will add, most Americans are NOT extreme.  Now if I could just get an understanding of the mindset that is making people crazy it would be great.  I have my own theory about that but I could be wrong.  Did I just say that?  What is the world coming to? :blink:

13 hours ago, ruck1b said:

New York Magazine is a very biased news source, ruck.  Read opposing opinions and then, you're a smart guy, come to your own conclusions. We will not be going to war with Iraq.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

New York Magazine is a very biased news source, ruck.  Read opposing opinions and then, you're a smart guy, come to your own conclusions. We will not be going to war with Iraq.

All I can say is watch the imbedded video MG. 

Edited by ruck1b

7 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

All I can say is watched the imbedded video MG. 

I will come back and watch it after I get home tonight; not a good idea to watch videos with sound here. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

I will come back and watch it after I get home tonight; not a good idea to watch videos with sound here. 

LOL...I totally understand.

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Well I expected that reaction from you but I put it into perspective.  It won't happen. 

If there is one thing we have learned in the last 10 days, never assume something Trump says will not happen. 

The people don't have the appetite for that whole mess again. 

It does not matter if the people have an appetite for it, only if Trump and Bannon have an appetite for it.

Btw, if I remember correctly, the left also predicted GWB would lead us into a totalitarian society.

Considering Bush was about as authoritarian as a bad substitute teacher, I don't know who would have thought that. 

But, if you take into account the Patriot Act, the NSA spying program and a few other items that Bush II gave us, we are clearly more totalitarian than before he became POTUS

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Oh my goodness, Saved!  That was an awesome post and it put a lot of things into perspective for me (since I tend to be a hot head) and I agree.  Too much extremism going on.  And, I will add, most Americans are NOT extreme.  Now if I could just get an understanding of the mindset that is making people crazy it would be great.  I have my own theory about that but I could be wrong.  Did I just say that?  What is the world coming to? :blink:

Honest question.  Do you view yourself as extreme right?