IGNORED

("Privilege Grant") Milo Yiannopoulos opens college grant program 'exclusively for white men'

KittyBubbleFlowers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I first heard of him when someone shared a video on facebook where he overlaid himself just laughing on another video.  I don't remember the topic, but it turned me off of ever wanting to see anything else of his.  Just so there is no misunderstanding, I am conservative so it's not because of his political views that I was turned off, it was just that video.

Edited by Qun Mang

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I think the whole idea of 'white males only' is disgusting.  I don't know anything about this Milo Whatshisname but he sounds like a real piece of garbage.

He "is a Greek-born British journalist, author, entrepreneur, public speaker, and senior editor for Breitbart News, a conservative news and opinion website based in the United States. He wrote previously using the pseudonym Milo Andreas Wagner." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos

His modus operandi is to fight fire with fire, to "answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

He has managed to get himself banned from Twitter, something only like 5 other celebs have ever done.

Some of his article include the following.

"birth control makes women unattractive and crazy"

"The solution to online 'harassment' is simple: Women should log off"

"There's no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews"

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

:blink:

I checked the actual articles. The bottom line is that he goes over the top in ludicrousy to mock the feminist movement.

And believe it or not, those titles are based off of actual studies.

Examples:

Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy [ <-- Link ]

The media never stops banging on about women’s health, particularly in the wake of the disgusting revelations about Planned Parenthood. They’re always telling us that “women’s bodies” and “women’s choices” should be paramount. But just how healthy are the solutions to unwanted pregnancy that they propose?

<snip>

BIRTH CONTROL MAKES YOU FAT

Let’s start with the grossest form: injectable birth control. IT MAKES YOU FAT. A 2009 study from the University of Texas found that women using DMPA gain an average of 11 pounds over three years, a 3-4 per cent increase.

Worse, this was abdominal fat, which is linked to cardiovascular disease, strokes and diabetes. ...

There’s No Hiring Bias Against Women In Tech, They Just Suck At Interviews [ <-- Link ]

The tech industry is plagued by guilt about the lack of women in its technical teams — and everywhere else. But new data suggests that there’s no hiring bias against them. Women might just suck at job interviews, according to a new report by an interview matchmaking service.

Interviewing.io, a service which allows interviewers and interviewees to match up online and conduct interviews based on their communication skills recently set out to fix the “gender gap in tech” by creating a voice changer that would allow interviewees to mask their voice, and in turn their gender, in an attempt to tackle bigoted interviewers.

<snip>

What the study revealed – to the shock of the feminists who organized it – was that women underperform in job interviews even when the interviewer believes them to be male.

<snip>

“After running the experiment, we ended up with some rather surprising results. Contrary to what we expected (and probably contrary to what you expected as well!), masking gender had no effect on interview performance with respect to any of the scoring criteria (would advance to next round, technical ability, problem solving ability).”

“If anything, we started to notice some trends in the opposite direction of what we expected: for technical ability, it appeared that men who were modulated to sound like women did a bit better than unmodulated men and that women who were modulated to sound like men did a bit worse than unmodulated women.”

That’s right. Their test, designed to provide empirical ballast to a feminist agenda, ended up completely torpedoing it. Worse, it suggested that employers actually discriminate in favor of women, choosing them in favor of men when they believe them to be competent enough. ...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, he's brash and undiplomatic, like Ann Coulter, and his language can be ripe, but I saw him in a video where he was trying to regain his meeting from a group of Leftist rioteers who were interrupting it, and boy could he lay it on them verbally.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I have a couple of general comments regarding Mr. Yiannopoulos:

First off, he's in the same category of a lot of what passes for entertainment in the movies and on TV these days.  I often say to my wife - as we're watching an offensive show or an ad on TV - "we're not the target audience for this."  I hate to sound old and stodgy, but that's just the way it is.

Likewise, while I'm not sure exactly who Milo's target audience is, it's pretty clear it's not us.

So it is said his target audience is college age young adults.  Particularly the smug, arrogant leftist variety.  Fair enough.  But he has a problem there, as well.  Part of his 'shtick' seems to be to use satire, sarcasm and cutting (often rude) humor with the intent, I suppose, to cause the 'other side' to see the absurdity  of some of their positions.

His challenge there, however, is many on the hard Left HAVE no sense of humor.  Plus, they do not see their positions as absurd.  Rather they see them as reality and unassailable.  The hard Left is not used to being challenged - it does not know how to deal with it.

I suppose in this political and culture 'war' we find ourselves in, we should be thankful for any allies we have - no matter what.  

I can agree with that - up to a point.  But I certainly cannot condone -especially as one who proclaims Christ - much of what Mr. Yiannopoulos says or does.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/19/breitbart-editor-milo-yiannopoulos-takes-100-000-for-charity-gives-0.html

The fund has raised somewhere between $100,000 and $250,000 to date, Yiannopoulos told The Daily Beast via email.

But the Yiannopoulos Privilege Grant has not filed any paperwork to become a charity in the United States. When asked if an application for tax-exempt status had been sent by his lawyers to the Internal Revenue Service, Yiannopoulos said, “I’ll check.”

No scholarships have been awarded and the charity’s website shows there isn’t even a way for prospective students to apply for them.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, JaniceR said:

Is this the guy that replaced Stephen Bannon at Breitbart?

He did not replace him but he was hand picked by Bannon to be the senior editor after Bannon took control following Andrew Breibart's death. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244

I remember reading last year I think it was. A man in California falsified his college application as pertained to race. He said he was black in order to get a minority scholarship. He was caught doing so but his excuse was he wanted to go to medical school. And that was the only way he could afford it. 

I think this "privilege grant" is fitting in these times. How many of us have read the claim that whites enjoy white privilege in America? It usually occurs when other races are in the news having suffered police violence. 

California's Dream Act doesn't pertain  American citizens. https://dream.csac.ca.gov/application/NewUserAccess.aspx 

And it has already been mentioned. There are scholarships and tuition breaks for college applicants solely because of their race as first qualifier to apply for such considerations. But not for Caucasians. 

I think this grant by Milo surely isn't enough to pay for a college tuition. However, that's not his point as I read it. His point is to even the playing field for privilege. That includes white people in this instance. 

Whether I agree with this guys views or not, if it's his money and/or he is the one raising the money, he can give it to who he wants.

As an article I have already posted shows, he has not actually allocated any funds to anyone. Perhaps he is just trying to get a rise out of people. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244

And that Berkley protest that canceled Milo Yiannopolos' appearance had a very strange apology behind it and from of all people the UC Berkeley chancellor.  

The bolding and underline is my highlight. 

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms the violence and unlawful behavior that was on display, and deeply regret that those tactics will now overshadow the efforts to engage in legitimate and lawful protest against the performer’s presence and perspectives...."

Performers? They were suppose to be protesters. 

UC Berkeley: We condemn the violence that overshadowed lawful protest