• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

17 hours ago, Sister said:

iamlamad

Daniel 9 tells me one thing and you another.  We are on different frequencies here.  Daniel 9 tells me the sacrifice was Christ, who sacrificed for one and for all.  After his death, the sacrifice of animals and the oblations are FINISHED.  It happened then on the cross.

I already explained that they did so out of ignorance, preferring their traditions.  The point is they didn't have to.  Christ death and resurrection freed them from the curse of the law, but they did not know it, nor did they want to hear it after the apostles were sent out to tell them how significant  Christ death and resurrection was, and how it has changed everything.

Acts 13:46   Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

In my opinion, what Christ accomplished has been watered down by the enemy in Daniel 9.  He has even twisted Dan 9 to not be about Christ, but the FP. 

Jeremiah 8:11   For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

You are free to  have any kind of theory, but as I have already pointed out, your theory does not match what the scripture actually says and what history tells us. The WORD says that the sacrifices CEASE. That means STOP, as in no other animal sacrificed. And if we put verses together we know WHY. When the man of sin enters the temple, the temple will be desecrated and no more sacrifices can take place until the temple is cleansed. But it cannot be at that time because the man of sin turned Beast goes on a rampage against the Jews.  I will agree, Daniel 9 tells me something that you do not agree with, and I have told you why: you have preconceived glasses on, so you read through them. Take them off! 

Read it again:

Young's Literal Translation
And he hath strengthened a covenant with many -- one week, and in the midst of the week he causeth sacrifice and present to cease, and by the wing of abominations he is making desolate, even till the consummation, and that which is determined is poured on the desolate one.'

to cease, desist, rest

(Qal)

to cease

to rest, desist (from labour)

(Niphal) to cease

(Hiphil)

to cause to cease, put an end to

to exterminate, destroy

to cause to desist from

to remove

to cause to fail

Yet we KNOW the sacrifices did NOT cease. Your theory fails.

Ezek 44: 11 Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, having charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.

27 And in the day that he goeth into the sanctuary, unto the inner court, to minister in the sanctuary, he shall offer his sin offering, saith the Lord God.

29 They shall eat the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering: and every dedicated thing in Israel shall be theirs.

This is speaking of the Millennial temple: note that they will again have sacrifices.  So again your theory fails to meet the test of scripture. Jesus DID NOT stop all animal sacrifices forever.  Yet, in verse 27 it is clearly written that the sacrifices will cease.

Next, do you really, honestly think that Jesus would break a covenant within 3 1/2 years?  No, God does not break covenants! Therefore, it is not Christ that makes this covenant. It is someone crooked that breaks covenants.

• Group:  Royal Member

18 minutes ago, inchrist said:

You do realize then Christ was alive going into the 70th week, where he is to be cut off?

No, I do not realize that, for it is not truth.

Isaiah 61:1  The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Do you realize that God put a gap in this verse, right in the middle of the verse? The part in blue, Jesus quoted. But He did not quite the red part, for after He quoted the blue, He said that these words were fulfilled right then in their ears. He could not have said that if he had quoted the rest of the sentence!  So this verse has a gap that is still ongoing!

Why then do you struggle so to believe the gap that Daniel wrote between verse 26 and 27?  All it says is that Jesus was cut off AFTER the 69 weeks. You can assume that means into the 70th, but it is only an assumption that can be proved false by other scriptures. The 70th week is in Revelation. All of it.

56 minutes ago, inchrist said:

4th time you have failed to read scripture correctly.

Isaiah 61:1  The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

notice the verse in blue you have highlighted? That is Christ ministry...which he has not begun yet at the time of reading Isaiah at the synagogue in Nazareth.

Christ ministry declared in Isaiah 61:1 is what christ achieved until he was cut off, hence Christ cut off the verse in Isaiah....Christ was being prophetic.

Nice side step:

My point is, there is a GAP here in an old Testament scripture.

And there is a gap in Daniel 9 too, between verse 26 and verse 27. Daniel Himself separated verse 70 from the previous verses. And we know why" the 70th week is future.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Yet Jesus, speaking about the end of the age, and quoting Daniel, said that they would SEE the "abomination of Desolation" standing in the Holy place.  Therefore, it is this abomination that causes the desolation. And it is a future event.

Yes, and Jesus was referring not to chapter 9, but these chapters in Daniel

Daniel 11:31   And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Daniel 12:11   And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

If we put the puzzle pieces together, adding what Paul wrote, back to Daniel 9:27, we see that it is the man of sin entering the temple and into the Holy of Holies, that IS the abomination. And that this act will both stop the daily sacrifices and divide the 70th week onto two halves.

Where does it speak of the man of sin?  I only see Daniel 9 speaking of Israel, the temple, Jerusalem, Christ, and the Romans destroying the temple?

I will explain this once and for all in how I interpret this Dan chapter 9.  If you don't agree, I respect that, but just so there's no confusion, this is my take in which I feel settled with, after being tormented with this prophecy for so many years.  I am finally at peace with this and feel the Lord has answered my prayer.  If you don't agree that's ok, I will not accuse you to the Lord, nor judge, but I know you will accuse me and judge.  If so, so be it. I will wear it.

Daniel 9:24   Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people (Daniels people, Israel) and upon thy holy city (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression (End the old law, which they kept trangressing Gal 3:19), and to make an end of sins (mercy, forgiveness through Christ to wipe the slate clean), and to make reconciliation for iniquity (accept Christ, repent), and to bring in everlasting righteousness (through Christ, not the law), and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy (Luke 4:18)

Daniel 9:25   Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment (from when the angel spoke to Daniel) to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks (7 weeks to rebuild the temple from the commandment), and threescore and two weeks (62 weeks from the commandment for the Messiah to enter that temple): the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times (when the temple was being built, they met resistance)

again;

from the commandment given by the angel to Daniel - 7 weeks to build the temple

and

from the commandment given by the angel to Daniel - 62 weeks for the Messiah to step into that temple.  The Word of God in the FLESH, standing right there in person preaching to them.

It's not a sum.

It's separated because it's showing that it takes 7 weeks for the rebuilding of temple from the commandment, and 62 weeks from the commandment that Christ will come.  Both coming from the commandment of the angel.

Daniel 9:26   And after threescore and two weeks (week 62) shall Messiah be cut off (rejected, crucified) , but not for himself (not cut off to God): and the people of the prince (Titus) that shall come shall destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (the temple); and the end thereof shall be with a flood (70AD, the end of the temple and Jersualem - war), and unto the end of the war (final war) desolations are determined (desolations(plural), the whole lot, ..not one in particular, but all in general).

Note:  That week 62 lasted approx 7 years.  Christ preached for 3 1/2 yrs, and his apostles for 3 1/2 yrs (Rev 12, the woman who fled in the wilderness for 3 1/2 yrs - being chased by Herod using Paul to lead the Romans)  Christ was cut off (crucified in the middle of that week, half way through, it's still week 62)

If I say, After 62 weeks I will come visit you.  You know I will not come before the 62 weeks, but you will be ready the day the 62 weeks ticks over.  It doesn't matter that I come the next day, or the in the next few days into that week, I am still coming in that week 62.  Mark it in your calendar, just like you do with the football, in week 62, there are so many games on, different times, dates but all in that same week...well in this case, that week 62 ends when the apostles have finished their 3 1/2 yr testimony.  That week consists of approx 7 yrs and Christ was crucified in the middle of that week (preaching of the NT)

Daniel 9:27   And he (Christ) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: (3 1/2 yrs) and in the midst of the week (middle of that week , week 62 see Dan 9:26) he (Christ) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,(he was the sacrifice, no more animal sacrifices required from here on) and for the overspreading of abominations (increase of sin) he (Christ) shall make it desolate (not feed them, leave them in darkness, empty, without truth), even until the consummation (2nd coming, authority given before the whole for Christ to take dominion over all nations, to let them know he is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords), and that determined (desolations) shall be poured upon the desolate (those without truth)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

notice the verse in blue you have highlighted? That is Christ ministry...which he has not begun yet at the time of reading Isaiah at the synagogue in Nazareth.

Christ ministry declared in Isaiah 61:1 is what christ achieved until he was cut off, hence Christ cut off the verse in Isaiah....Christ was being prophetic.

4 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Nice side step:

My point is, there is a GAP here in an old Testament scripture.

And there is a gap in Daniel 9 too, between verse 26 and verse 27. Daniel Himself separated verse 70 from the previous verses. And we know why" the 70th week is future.

Shalom, gentlemen.

Actually, there IS a gap in the 70 Sevens of Daniel 9, but Daniel did not put it there; Yeshua` (Jesus) Himself did!

Matthew 23:33-39
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This is a fulfillment, in part, of Daniel 9:27:

Daniel 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

This isn't talking about some mythical person called "Antichrist." This is the Messiah Himself who leaves them desolate because of their abominations that He has listed out for them in Matthew 23! This is the same gap, by the way, as that in Isaiah 61:2. This is what caused there to be a gap in the first place between the first advent and the second advent; that is, His first coming and His second coming.

They HAD a "year for accepting the LORD"; that is, a year to accept the LORD'S choice - the LORD'S Messiah - the LORD'S Christ - for being their King, and they rejected Him, as He prophesied they would do in Luke 19:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

So, Yeshua` said, "So be it." "The consummation" is "The End," and "The End" will be when Yeshua` returns. Before that and until "The End," however, that which is decided for them will be poured upon the (ones left) desolate.

We've had almost 2000 years of that which is decided for the Jews to endure poured upon them since He left them, and it will continue until they can say "UNCLE!" or rather, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the LORD."

And, this is a quotation from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

Two things about the above passage: First, it also includes the verse that Yeshua` quotes recorded in Matthew 21:42, Mark 12:10, and Luke 20:17, and Kefa ("Cephas" or Peter) quotes recorded in Acts 4:11 and 1 Peter 2:7.

Second, the words in verse 25, "Save now" are the Hebrew words "Howshiy`aah naa'" which was transliterated into the Greek (and later into English) as "Hosanna."

The Hebrew phrase translated as "Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD" is "Baruwkh haba' b-shem YHWH."

The plural of "Baruwkh haba'" is "B'ruwkhiym haba'iym," and guess what you find at all the seaports and airports in Israel today on their welcome signs? It literally means "Welcome, comers."

sign_welcome1.jpg

So, the point Yeshua` was trying to make is that they wouldn't see Him again until they could WELCOME HIM back as YHWH'S Choice - YHWH'S Messiah - YHWH'S Christ!

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix a spelling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

45 minutes ago, Sister said:

Daniel 11:31   And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Daniel 12:11   And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Where does it speak of the man of sin?  I only see Daniel 9 speaking of Israel, the temple, Jerusalem, Christ, and the Romans destroying the temple?

I will explain this once and for all in how I interpret this Dan chapter 9.  If you don't agree, I respect that, but just so there's no confusion, this is my take in which I feel settled with, after being tormented with this prophecy for so many years.  I am finally at peace with this and feel the Lord has answered my prayer.  If you don't agree that's ok, I will not accuse you to the Lord, nor judge, but I know you will accuse me and judge.  If so, so be it. I will wear it.

Daniel 9:24   Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people (Daniels people, Israel) and upon thy holy city (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression (End the old law, which they kept trangressing Gal 3:19), and to make an end of sins (mercy, forgiveness through Christ to wipe the slate clean), and to make reconciliation for iniquity (accept Christ, repent), and to bring in everlasting righteousness (through Christ, not the law), and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy (Luke 4:18)

Daniel 9:25   Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment (from when the angel spoke to Daniel) to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks (7 weeks to rebuild the temple from the commandment), and threescore and two weeks (62 weeks from the commandment for the Messiah to enter that temple): the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times (when the temple was being built, they met resistance)

again;

and

from the commandment given by the angel to Daniel - 62 weeks for the Messiah to step into that temple.  The Word of God in the FLESH, standing right there in person preaching to them.

It's not a sum.

It's separated because it's showing that it takes 7 weeks for the rebuilding of temple from the commandment, and 62 weeks from the commandment that Christ will come.  Both coming from the commandment of the angel.

Daniel 9:26   And after threescore and two weeks (week 62) shall Messiah be cut off (rejected, crucified) , but not for himself (not cut off to God): and the people of the prince (Titus) that shall come shall destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (the temple); and the end thereof shall be with a flood (70AD, the end of the temple and Jersualem - war), and unto the end of the war (final war) desolations are determined (desolations(plural), the whole lot, ..not one in particular, but all in general).

Note:  That week 62 lasted approx 7 years.  Christ preached for 3 1/2 yrs, and his apostles for 3 1/2 yrs (Rev 12, the woman who fled in the wilderness for 3 1/2 yrs - being chased by Herod using Paul to lead the Romans)  Christ was cut off (crucified in the middle of that week, half way through, it's still week 62)

If I say, After 62 weeks I will come visit you.  You know I will not come before the 62 weeks, but you will be ready the day the 62 weeks ticks over.  It doesn't matter that I come the next day, or the in the next few days into that week, I am still coming in that week 62.  Mark it in your calendar, just like you do with the football, in week 62, there are so many games on, different times, dates but all in that same week...well in this case, that week 62 ends when the apostles have finished their 3 1/2 yr testimony.  That week consists of approx 7 yrs and Christ was crucified in the middle of that week (preaching of the NT)

Daniel 9:27   And he (Christ) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: (3 1/2 yrs) and in the midst of the week (middle of that week , week 62 see Dan 9:26) he (Christ) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,(he was the sacrifice, no more animal sacrifices required from here on) and for the overspreading of abominations (increase of sin) he (Christ) shall make it desolate (not feed them, leave them in darkness, empty, without truth), even until the consummation (2nd coming, authority given before the whole for Christ to take dominion over all nations, to let them know he is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords), and that determined (desolations) shall be poured upon the desolate (those without truth)

Shalom, Sister.

Very good attempt! You are not far off from the truth!

Now, instead of taking the Preterist view, namely that the last half of the Seven was fulfilled by the apostles in the next 3.5 years, recognize that the PURPOSES of the 70 Sevens contain....

Daniel 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
KJV

That is, to anoint as KING the most Holy One, Yeshua` the Messiah (the Anointed One)! This was not accomplished in His first advent, nor was it accomplished immediately after He left this earth, 3.5 years or ever. The rest of this Seven (this "Week") will be fulfilled when He returns! He SHALL fulfill ALL of this passage, as well. Thus, the second half of the Seven will be fulfilled when Yeshua` returns. Even today, He is the "Christ" - the "Messiah" - the "Anointed One" who is TO BECOME Israel's King.

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

The "Church" doesn't fulfill these verses, nor could it.

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, gentlemen.

Actually, there IS a gap in the 70 Sevens of Daniel 9, but Daniel did not put it there; Yeshua` (Jesus) Himself did!

Matthew 23:33-39
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This is a fulfillment, in part, of Daniel 9:27:

Daniel 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

This isn't talking about some mythical person called "Antichrist." This is the Messiah Himself who leaves them desolate because of their abominations that He has listed out for them in Matthew 23! This is the same gap, by the way, as that in Isaiah 61:2. This is what caused there to be a gap in the first place between the first advent and the second advent; that is, His first coming and His second coming.

They HAD a "year for accepting the LORD"; that is, a year to accept the LORD'S choice - the LORD'S Messiah - the LORD'S Christ - for being their King, and they rejected Him, as He prophesied they would do in Luke 19:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

So, Yeshua` said, "So be it." "The consummation" is "The End," and "The End" will be when Yeshua` returns. Before that and until "The End," however, that which is decided for them will be poured upon the (ones left) desolate.

We've had almost 2000 years of that which is decided for the Jews to endure poured upon them since He left them, and it will continue until they can say "UNCLE!" or rather, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the LORD."

And, this is a quotation from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

Two things about the above passage: First, it also includes the verse that Yeshua` quotes recorded in Matthew 21:42, Mark 12:10, and Luke 20:17, and Kefa ("Cephas" or Peter) quotes recorded in Acts 4:11 and 1 Peter 2:7.

Second, the words in verse 25, "Save now" are the Hebrew words "Howshiy`aah naa'" which was transliterated into the Greek (and later into English) as "Hosanna."

The Hebrew phrase translated as "Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD" is "Baruwkh haba' b-shem YHWH."

The plural of "Baruwkh haba'" is "B'ruwkhiym haba'iym," and guess what you find at all the seaports and airports in Israel today on their welcome signs? It literally means "Welcome, comers."

sign_welcome1.jpg

So, the point Yeshua` was trying to make is that they wouldn't see Him again until they could WELCOME HIM back as YHWH'S Choice - YHWH'S Messiah - YHWH'S Christ!

I like it! There is no doubt, the leaders of Israel did not want Jesus as their Messiah. Worse, they wanted to kill a just and righteous man.  Even worse, He was the very God that in the beginning said,  "light be" and light was! It as as He said, "father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

I do believe the day will come when they will say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord!"

1 hour ago, Sister said:

again;

and

It's not a sum.

As I said, you can certainly hold to your theory, but it has been shown to be faulty over and over.  WHO were "the people of the Prince to come" that "shall destroy the city and the sanctuary?" Who were those people? (Verse 26) History tells us they were the Roman soldiers under Titus. 

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. "

Who sets up this abomination that will cause desolation?  (note: this is worded a little different that 9:20, but is much closer to the way Jesus said it. )

"Matthew 24: 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) "

AGain, WHO sets up the abomination?

Daniel 11: 31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Most experts believe this is about Antiochus Epiphanes. Notice that the wording is almost identical. We KNOW what He did: He placed (set up) an image of Zeus in the Holy of Holies.

Daniel 9: 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate

Now we have Jesus words, (the abomination of desolation) Daniel's words in chatper 12 (the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up) Daniel's words in chatper 11 (About Antiochus) (shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate) and finally, we get back to verse 27: (the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations).

Sister, are you really ready to tell us that the scripture in verse 27 had a DIFFERENT MEANING?

No, they all are saying the same thing! An abomination will enter (or be set up) in the Holy of Holies and that will cause the daily sacrifices to cease.

Are you ready to tell us that it is Jesus that sets this abomination up?

6 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I never said there was no GAP. Theres just no GAP between the 69th week and the 70th week. Christ himself just refuted your postion.

The only logical place for a GAP is in the midst of the 70th week.

Ive just shown you Christs annointing completes the 69th week.

Then I just showed you Christ begins His ministry in the 70th week, where Christ himself just showed that the 70th week will be split in half.

The latter half of Christs ministry gets completed by the 2 witnesses into the future.

There is NO full 70th week of Daniel in Revelation.

It is impossible to to divide something and end up with two haves if you only have a half to start out with. I am astounded that you cannot see this.

The gap is between verse 26 and 27.  Jesus did NOT cause the sacrifices to cease. That is only your imagination. Face it: your theory simply does not fit scripture. It is an ABOMINATION that causes the week to be divided and causes the daily sacrifices to cease. Are you ready to say it is Jesus who places an abomination in the Holy Place?  Sorry, again your theory simply does not fit. As you showed us, the 69th week was over at Jesus baptism. And then He was cut off. Yet, the 70th week is in the next verse. So a GAP between His death and the 70th weeks beginning.  Sorry, my friend, but this is what is written. You cannot rewrite it to fit a theory. Jesus did not stop the daily sacrifices. That is your imagination.

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

I agree that it is Christ's ministry, just beginning when He read this verse. And then He said it was fulfilled right then. He could not have read the red portion because that was NOT fulfilled as He read it.  But my only point, there is a GAP written right between two words in this verse. And the gap was between His ministry and the day of Judgment still ahead of us. Indeed, the VERY SAME GAP as we see in Daniel 9:26-27. Jesus was cut off after the 69th week but before the start of the 70th. And the abomination that will be set up in our future will be the same time of judgment as Isaiah wrote of. I say again, for the manyth time, your theory does not fit what is written.