• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, inchrist said:

What the problem is, actually what will resolve the matter, when does the 69th week end?

Not "when does it end" but "when did it end", and Scripture is very clear that when Christ was crucified -- Messiah was cut off -- the 69th week ended. Now the 70th week of Daniel is in the future.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, iamlamad said:

The test is, does your theory match scripture. I find it does not. Sorry, Daniel CLEARLY tells us that SOMETHING stops the daily sacrificed dead and immediately. 

iamlamad

Daniel 9 tells me one thing and you another.  We are on different frequencies here.  Daniel 9 tells me the sacrifice was Christ, who sacrificed for one and for all.  After his death, the sacrifice of animals and the oblations are FINISHED.  It happened then on the cross.

Your scriptures are a non sequitur: they do not answer the question: DID the sacrifices cease when Jesus died?  The answer is a clear NO.

I already explained that they did so out of ignorance, preferring their traditions.  The point is they didn't have to.  Christ death and resurrection freed them from the curse of the law, but they did not know it, nor did they want to hear it after the apostles were sent out to tell them how significant  Christ death and resurrection was, and how it has changed everything.

Acts 13:46   Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

In my opinion, what Christ accomplished has been watered down by the enemy in Daniel 9.  He has even twisted Dan 9 to not be about Christ, but the FP. 

Jeremiah 8:11   For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Not "when does it end" but "when did it end", and Scripture is very clear that when Christ was crucified -- Messiah was cut off -- the 69th week ended. Now the 70th week of Daniel is in the future.

Ezra

The Messiah was cut off in the middle of week 62. 

Daniel 9:26   And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

So if he Christ was cut off in the middle of week 62, then that week finished with his apostles who were sent out to testify.  The 62nd week ended.  There were 8 more weeks to go till the destruction of the temple, completing the 70th week, not the 69th week.

The apostles preached for 3 1/2 yrs finishing that week - week 62.

On 11/02/2017 at 5:44 PM, Revelation Man said:

Well it is easy for me to prove the Abomination of Desolation is an END TIME EVENT. Jesus can do away with nothing until Israel accepts him as their Messiah. The Daniel prophecy can it be fulfilled until Israel repents. These are just facts. 

Revelation Man.

The Abomination of Desolation is an End Time Event.  I am not disputing this.  I was trying to convey that Dan 9 is not speaking specifically about "the abomination of desolation", but desolations in general that are poured out after the Messiah was cut off (crucified). 

Edited by Sister

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Regarding Sister's comment in post #99: "The Abomination of Desolation is an End Time Event": ------- That's right, even though the "abomination of desolation" in Daniel 11:31 was typically fulfilled by the abomination of desolation in 1 Maccabees 1:54, which occurred in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of the second Jewish temple in Jerusalem in the time of Antiochus IV. For per Jesus' statement in Matthew 24:15, the church will see the abomination of desolation in Daniel 11:31 fulfilled (antitypically) in the future, when the church will see the abomination of desolation stand in the holy place (of a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem). This future abomination of desolation could be a standing, android image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15) which his followers ("they") will put in the holy place of the temple (Daniel 11:31) to be worshipped (Revelation 13:15), after they have stopped the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices which the ultra-Orthodox Jews will have restarted in front of the temple (Daniel 11:31). This image will pollute the holy place of the temple (Daniel 11:31)...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

...The Antichrist will then fulfill Daniel 11:36 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 by sitting himself (at least one time) in the temple and proclaiming himself God. By the power of Satan (the dragon, Revelation 12:9), the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") will then rule and be worshipped by all the nations of the earth for 3.5 literal years (Revelation 13:4-18), and will physically overcome Biblical Christians (not in hiding) in every nation (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13). ---------- Also, from the day on which (antitypically) "the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be 1,290 days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the 1,335 days" (Daniel 12:11-12, Revelation 16:15). Also, because the Antichrist will fulfill Daniel 11:31 antitypically (Matthew 24:15) and will fulfill Daniel 11:36 for the first (and only) time, then he will also fulfill all of Daniel 11:21-45 (the first part of it antitypically, and the rest for the first and only time) when he arises on the world stage, for that passage refers to the career of the same man. And since the Antichrist will fulfill all of Daniel 11:21-45 when he arises on the world stage, then just preceding his arising on the world stage, Daniel 11:13-19 could be fulfilled antitypically by a future, Iraqi Baathist General completely defeating and occupying Israel and Egypt with a huge Iraqi Army (Daniel 11:15-17; in verse 17 the original Hebrew word translated as "daughter" is "bath").

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, inchrist said:

And yet they got it right.

This is the third time you have failed to read scripture correctly.

You failed to read it correctly here

1. These are they who have come(ing) out of the great tribulation

2. the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

And now again

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks

when in the life-time of Jesus was He annointed?

You keep saying I fail to read the scriptures correctly, yet it is your theory that fails the test of scripture.  What? You think every time these two words are used together: "great" and "tribulation," it always means the days Jesus spoke of? WRONG!  Did you forget that Jesus had to ADD words to these two, to convey his meaning; that these days would be worse than any before or after.

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. "  This was written to the church in Thyatira: an actual church existing in the days of John. His book was sent to them. God promised to cast her and the men sleeping with her into "great tribulation" if they did not repent.  This was around the year 95 AD. Do you imagine God was planning to keep them alive for 1900 years so He could throw them into the days of great tribulation that Jesus spoke of? Of course that is silly and not at all the intent of the Author. His intent was that God has the power to create "great tribulation" anytime He chooses. And if they did not repent, He would create some great tribulation for them.

So, "these are they who have come* out of great tribulation."

* Other verses with the same Greek word:

Mat 2:2

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come G2064 to worship him.

Meaning? They just arrived.

Mar 1:29

And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered G2064 into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.

Luk 1:59

And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came G2064 to circumcise the child; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father.

Jhn 3:2

The same came G2064 to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art G2064 a teacher come G2064 from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Meaning? Nicodemus just arrived.

Act 1:11

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall G2064 so come G2064 in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Meaning? This time used as future tense: In the future Jesus will come just as he left.

1Co 2:1

And I, brethren, when I came G2064 to you, came G2064 not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

Meaning? Past tense: Paul had previously come to them.

John is telling us that this large group, too large to number, just came into the throne room and are there now. Where did they come from? Earth, of course! There is not one hint that they are in spirit form. There is not one hint that they are martyrs. All that is told is they come out of "great tribulation." To assume that they came out of the days of great tribulation that Jesus spoke of is a HUGE HUGE assumption, for John has not yet started the 70th week, much less arrived at the midpoint of the week or even later in the week when those days of GT that Jesus spoke of would begin. Therefore, you must make another HUGE assuption, that John wrote things in the wrong order; that John is seeing a group from chapter 15 here in chapter 7. That, my friend, is a HUGE assumption. Then, you must make even a bigger assumption: that these are martyrs.

You see, I don't have a reading problem, I have an "assumption" problem. I don't like to assume things that are not written out.  I am convinced, John's meaning is that at the time of the rapture, there will be days of great tribulation on earth. In fact, when a certain group of people line up Christians are cut off their heads, that, my friend, IS great tribulation!  John is only telling us what life will be like when the rapture takes place. If it were not for these two words in chapter 7, probably 99% of the church (that is that part of the church that actually reads Revelation) would believe this is the raptured church.

Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit when he was baptized. And that was after the first 69 weeks. (The 7 weeks from the previous verse are assumed to have happened. )

13 hours ago, inchrist said:

Wrong

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks

The measurement of time 483

That measurement is from the degree to rebuild Jerusalem unto the Messiah the prince.

4899 mashiach = Short Definition: anointed

Unto the anointed, the Prince?

Where in the life time of Jesus was He anointed? At his baptism.  Christ baptism ends the 483 years.

Then Christ testified to this after his return to Galilee in the power of the spirit where, according to Isaiah 9:1-2, the “Great Light” was to arise.

On the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue in Nazareth and read these the Book of Isaiah:  The spirit of the LORD is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor; and then, having sat down, and the eyes of all being fastened intently upon him

Unto the annointed one.

483 is officially ended.

Christ even declared it has such

The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand; repent ye and believe the gospel.” 

I ask you then, what time was fulfilled if not the 483?

Thank you! That was good. So the 7 weeks and the 62 weeks were finished at His baptism. Never the less, Daniel separated the 70th week from the first 69. And God has proven that separation or gap by what Jesus said and by the book of Revelation.

15 hours ago, Sister said:

Revelation Man.

The Abomination of Desolation is an End Time Event.  I am not disputing this.  I was trying to convey that Dan 9 is not speaking specifically about "the abomination of desolation", but desolations in general that are poured out after the Messiah was cut off (crucified). 

Yet Jesus, speaking about the end of the age, and quoting Daniel, said that they would SEE the "abomination of Desolation" standing in the Holy place.  Therefore, it is this abomination that causes the desolation. And it is a future event.

If we put the puzzle pieces together, adding what Paul wrote, back to Daniel 9:27, we see that it is the man of sin entering the temple and into the Holy of Holies, that IS the abomination. And that this act will both stop the daily sacrifices and divide the 70th week onto two halves.

17 hours ago, Sister said:

Ezra

The Messiah was cut off in the middle of week 62. 

Daniel 9:26   And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

So if he Christ was cut off in the middle of week 62, then that week finished with his apostles who were sent out to testify.  The 62nd week ended.  There were 8 more weeks to go till the destruction of the temple, completing the 70th week, not the 69th week.

The apostles preached for 3 1/2 yrs finishing that week - week 62.

Why do you say "middle" when the book says AFTER?