Templar337

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to know what I should say to people I meet. I want to try telling my family again but they're not asking. I guess I want to know if anyone could walk me through this. I want to say something more than, "have you heard of Jesus?" How do I bring up the topic with people I meet?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Witnessing to those who already know you was even difficult for Jesus.  Mark 6 tells us this.  Family are the first to remind you of who you were and reject anything else but preconceived ideas they have of you.  As for people you don't already know, pray for an entrance to the topic.  God will provide one.  For me, it is easiest to enter into this kind of conversation through where they may be having trouble. God will also show you this in them.

Guest BacKaran

Hi,

I'm a people person so it's easy for me to approach people.

Ask if they know if a good Bible preaching church.

Ask if they have Bible study suggestions?

Hand them a Bible tract and ask what do they believe?

Ask them to come to worship at your church. .

There's alot of goods contai conversation breakers ?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Templar337 said:

How do I bring up the topic with people I meet?

You could simply ask a person "Do you know that you've been born again?" and take it from there.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

2 hours ago, Templar337 said:

I would like to know what I should say to people I meet. I want to try telling my family again but they're not asking. I guess I want to know if anyone could walk me through this. I want to say something more than, "have you heard of Jesus?" How do I bring up the topic with people I meet?

In the beginning I was quite annoying, uninformed and wasted alot of time believing that God sent me to preach out of a book about the wonderful news of his son Jesus.  Then, I started growing in my faith and stopped seeking to instruct people out of a book.  I had become as one who sought to teach out of the law (scriptures) neither understanding what was written or what I affirmed.

I had a change that happened to me that took me to another level of teaching the gospel.  A man took me out into the streets to minister to the lost, sick and dying in the streets.  He taught me how to lead them to ask me how I do what I do and that opened up the door to a real conversation about the power of Christ in me.

This week I had the honor of being a part of another atheist converting to Christ.  I do talk to them about what the Bible says when they are ready to receive it.  The atheist I was led to minister to had attempted suicide 2 weeks ago but failed.  A week later he is getting to know his Creater and becoming free from that which had him bound on a path of certain death.

I say all this to say it is great that your asking questions.  I needed a "Paul" to lead me to understand how to be more effective in my witnessing.  But the gospel is more than words, it is a demonstration of the power of Christ in us convincing the world of their need for him.

God love ya!