• Days Won:  1

1 Peter 1:15

but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,

1Peter 1:16

because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest low-end

Thanks to all who replied to my post! Well, it looks like I am turning over a new leaf. I have decided to leave the band and follow Christ! My wife and the rest of my family is being super supportive of this decision. My wife and I are going back to college! I am going to major in social work and she is going to get her master's degree in English. I want to council people and help them with substance abuse problems or possibly become a youth pastor. I just want to follow the Lord. But, here's the hard part......I have to tell the band that I am leaving. The guitar player/singer is my brother and he feels that if I leave, it will blow his last chance at the big time. Pray for me brothers and sisters in Christ!!!!!! Please!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Low,

Done and done, Praying. :thumbsup:

I pray the Lord Richly bless' your decision.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Amen and amen!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Thank you all for your words. Praise Jesus! My biggest concern is that by playing in the bars, I am tempting people to sin. As a band, our goal is to bring as many people to our shows as possible. Our devoted fans come to the bar specificaly because we are playing there. They drink, dance, and generally have fun. But, what if somebody comes out to the bar to see us, drinks, then drives and kills somebody? Or because they have lost their inhibitions commit adultery or rape or some other atrocity. Is it my fault for attracting them there in the first place? Also, we are sponsored by a liquor company and expected to promote it. Oh yeah, we also play a couple of songs by the Grateful Dead, including one that uses the Lord's name in vain and another one that says "a friend of the devil is a friend of mine". Many people sing along with the songs. Am I causing people to sin? Or are they responsible for their own actions and I'm just a christian playing music with my friends? :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too am a professional musician who has struggled with the same type of fears.On one hand you could say that playing in a secular band is no worse than working for a book store or ad company or film company etc that is not 100% christian. I worked at a call center for a time and found that to be more compramising than the band. Mind you we played some dead and stones and later became convicted about that. I would say that if you can look at what You are doing when the gig is on and it doesn't compimise Jesus then go for it. I personally am struggling with weed and cigarettes. I almost have the cigarettes licked after 30 years but the weed is a stronger temptation. The problem is, it's not just the gigs where it's available to me. I would like to quit the band I'm in right now because of other issues as well as the weed thing. The guys I'm with now are not christian and don't really give much thought to what's going on around them.

I like to play lot's of secular music but I'm being drawn to playing music for the lord as well. I hope you can enjoy what ever it is you decide to do;

Do it for God, Amen

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That's great, Low-end!!

Dear LORD, we ask for your wisdom and grace over "low-end" as he prepares to leave the band. Mark the path before him, and may his leaving be a witness and a testimony to his brother.

Hashem Yeshua!

Guest low-end

Gerioke-

I know what you mean man! I too am struggling with cigarettes. Starting to smoke was the worst thing I ever did. I had a much easier time overcoming an addiction to crystal meth than I am trying to quit smoking. No Joke! I thought for a minute that I could write and play songs to the glory of God and still play them in the same places. But I realized that when you are playing to a room full of drunks, your message falls on deaf ears. I can say anything I want and they won't remember it the next day. I don't want to be the soundtrack to somebody's acid trip, candy flip, or drunken dance. Besides that, feel like I will never be able to quit smoking as long as I work in bars and even if I can the second hand smoke is awful. As for the weed my friend....It's all in your head. I have found it very nice to have a clear head. I wish you the best of luck! Thanks for your prayers everybody!

Edited by low-end