Abigailwc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I did some reading on the circumstances of Terry's brain activity and surgery she has had. According to my mom who is a Pharm-D she has 0 chance of recovery because the entire cerebral cortex has turned to fluid.

I don't presume to know the details that put her in this state but to me it seems that keeping her alive is not the will of God but her parents who cling to a foolish idea that she has a chance of recovery when she doesn't.

In any case I will pray that God be with her and her family.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/30/1975

I read tonight reports that tell of bone scans done AFTER her "Accident" that show apparent former trauma to other parts of her body including ribs on both sides and her thigh... I know what it is like to live with an abuser, and this man's odd reaction such as delaying calling for help, denying her recommended treatment, and allowing her to be starved to death- I just cannot help but feel like all these point to an abusive husband. There was also testimony from home care nurses that they saw him mistreat her even after her "accident".

It is also said that Terri was bulemic... Eating disorders are very common in women who have been abused....

I know that God would NOT condone this man's activity. He is still legally married to Terri yet has a whole new family started and is engaged to this new girlfriend. How in the world could you let someone you supposedly love starve to death??? And how could you just start another family while married to her???

I can understand it being difficult, and something he couldn't handle, but in my opinion, he should grant Terri a divorce and let her mother and father care for her. Oh but wait! He might miss out on any money left behind from her lawsuit wins if he did that...

God says judge not lest ye be judged, but this man's behavior really bothers me and does not look good on him.

Edited by truesunn

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Her parents are willing to be there at her side. Is her husband doing this for her good? or his own? It was brought out that no one spoke of Terri's wishes until 7 years after her condition began. Why not if they knew what she wanted? Her husband now has a common law wife. If he in burdened down with Terri, why not let her parents handle things?

I pray the Lord heal her and make her life a great testimony.

As for that Florida Judge...here we have another example of a Judge that has no regard for Congressional authority. The tube was removed because of Florida courts, who blatently disregarded the supena by congress to hold off removing the tube until they could take a deeper look at Terri's case and her rights. Being the UNITED States, are we not governed by a system that has checks and balances? Federal over state...congress over Judges...etc., etc..

But most of all, when I see Terri and her response to her mother I am reminded of the people I have taken care of over the years as a health care worker. The woman may be greatly brain damaged, but she does not look dead to me! There is no case too hard for the Lord! He is still the healer and He is still able to heal Terri. Does anyone know if she is saved?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

Please sign this Petition for Terry Schiavo

http://www.cfra.info/213/petition.asp?PID=8395774&NID=1

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

This has got to be murder. Pure and simple.

Yes, Mr. Schiavo does get money from her death. There's a 250,000 dollar insurance policy on his wife.

If he marries the other woman, he can't get a hold of that. Furthermore, if he took the million bucks offered, how would he look? Pride could keep him from taking the money; he has already received one million dollars in a lawsuit over his wife in the past.

He also has the $250K from her life insurance coming as well.

Folks, he has a motive to rid himself of her. He "claims" it would be her wish.

How would he know? Did she plan on dying? Was this a big issue for a 26 year old woman? Not the kind of thing young people discuss usually.

I smell a rat.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Mr.schiavo needs JESUS!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

This has got to be murder. Pure and simple.

Yes, Mr. Schiavo does get money from her death. There's a 250,000 dollar insurance policy on his wife.

If he marries the other woman, he can't get a hold of that. Furthermore, if he took the million bucks offered, how would he look? Pride could keep him from taking the money; he has already received one million dollars in a lawsuit over his wife in the past.

He also has the $250K from her life insurance coming as well.

Folks, he has a motive to rid himself of her. He "claims" it would be her wish.

How would he know? Did she plan on dying? Was this a big issue for a 26 year old woman? Not the kind of thing young people discuss usually.

I smell a rat.

What noone here has mentioned was that about 5 years ago he had a chance to take 10 million dollars from divorcing his wife and could have walked away and yet he has stayed with it insisting this is not what she would have wanted.

He could have gotten 10 Million and now he's killing her for 250k? I hear a lot of people here throuwing around a lot of conspiracy, but noone looking at the simple facts of the case.

The facts are:

She is brain dead, it has been confirmed her cerebral cortex has turned to fluid, there is no chance of recovery.

He husband if simply motivated by money could have taken far greater sums and walked away.

Terry's current condition was cause by a medical mistake with a potassium imbalance due to her eating disorder, hence why there is such a large trust fund in her name,

The pictures you see of her smiling, and her eyes following objects are in fact autonomic responses (reflexes).

People with eating disorders can also experience bad scarring due to poor diet.

Before people start throwing around accusations look at the facts of the case.

Federal over state...congress over Judges...etc., etc..

Check the US constitution, the Federal government has no jurisdiction in this case. The content of this case is solely in the discretion of the state not the federal government.

Specifically Amendment IX, and Section 8 of the US Constitution.

I struggle to understand the position God would have me take. On one hand 'Taking of a life', on the other hand 'Playing god to keep this life going artificially.' But, one thing keeps coming to mind: If her tube where removed, AND it's God's will that she live, THEN we give all power to God (let Him out of the box) to work his miracle.

Praying that His will be done and that man accepts it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I struggle to understand the position God would have me take. On one hand 'Taking of a life', on the other hand 'Playing god to keep this life going artificially.' But, one thing keeps coming to mind: If her tube where removed, AND it's God's will that she live, THEN we give all power to God (let Him out of the box) to work his miracle.

Praying that His will be done and that man accepts it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody is "playing God" to keep Terri alive artificially. Let's be clear about this fact: Terri Schiavo is not being kept alive through any other means than what we would use to keep our elder grandparents alive in a hospice situation. She is being given food and water through a tube simply because she does not have the ability to chew sufficiently. It is too dangerous to feed Terri by mouth because there is the possibility of choking. However, Terri's parents have fed her by mouth without incident.

So nobody is "playing God" here at all. Not unless you believe that giving someone a basic need such as food and water constitutes "playing God."

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I struggle to understand the position God would have me take. On one hand 'Taking of a life', on the other hand 'Playing god to keep this life going artificially.'

Are parents "playing God" when they feed their infants?