• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

17 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

Yes.

Are you aware that the Bible is against homosexuality an even calls it an abomination ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 15/02/2017 at 11:25 AM, Tea Ess said:

Most gay Christians would agree with you on the core tenants of the faith. 

Hi Tea Ess

I have never thought much on the subject of homosexuality..I know God Loves all men and Jesus died for All..Its possible i think that HIV is a way of calling people to fall on their knees and ask forgiveness as i imagine homosexuals would know in part  that what they are involved in  is unnatural...Our sister Worthy made a great point that there are no "gay Christians"..I think we need to stop using that term..They need to claim victory over that spirit and say they are "Christians" victorious  in the blood of the Lamb...

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member

7 minutes ago, Snow said:

I have never thought much on the subject of homosexuality..I know God Loves all men and Jesus died for All..Its possible i think that HIV is a way of calling people to fall on their knees and ask forgiveness as i imagine homosexuals would know in part  that what they are involved in  is unnatural...Our sister Worthy made a great point that there are no "gay Christians"..I think we need to stop using that term..They need to claim victory over that spirit and say they are "Christians" victorious  in the blood of the Lamb...

God bless

Thanks Snow

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

2 hours ago, worthy said:

Thanks Snow

You're welcome?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

5 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi Tea Ess

God bless

I don't think that God sent HIV to punish gay people any more than he sent heart disease to punish overweight people. It's also worth mentioning that gay men aren't the only people affected by HIV, nor is it the only sexually transmitted disease.  There's a lot of illnesses out there, and I think they're part of living in an imperfect world, rather than God inflicting them on certain people.

Well, there are gay people who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Some of them choose to be celibate, some don't. Either way, same sex attraction isn't something that just goes away. 

On 2/16/2017 at 9:37 PM, Tea Ess said:

I don't think that God sent HIV to punish gay people any more than he sent heart disease to punish overweight people. It's also worth mentioning that gay men aren't the only people affected by HIV, nor is it the only sexually transmitted disease.  There's a lot of illnesses out there, and I think they're part of living in an imperfect world, rather than God inflicting them on certain people.

Well, there are gay people who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Some of them choose to be celibate, some don't. Either way, same sex attraction isn't something that just goes away. 

Are you aware that the bible strongly opposes homosexuality?

4 hours ago, worthy said:

Are you aware that the bible strongly opposes homosexuality?

You interpret the Bible as strongly opposing homosexuality. Not all Christians do.

"Leviticus 18:22 in the King James Version states: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 20:13 is similar, except that it adds the death penalty as punishment.

Although the original Hebrew clearly refers to male-male sexual activity, both the Living Bible and New Living Translation refer to a prohibition of "homosexuality." This would include sex between two women -- a behavior not mentioned anywhere in the Hebrew Scriptures.

A common conservative interpretation: These verses clearly condemn sexual activity between two males. As such, they are consistent with other passages discussed in this essay. No exception is given for consensual sex between two men or for sex within a loving same-sex relationship. All are an abomination to God.

A common liberal interpretation: The Hebrew word "to'ebah" appears in both passages and is generally translated as "abomination." Some religious liberals interpret these passages as referring only to male Jews who engaged in same-sex behavior in Pagan temples. The term would better be translated as "ritually improper" or "involving foreign religious cult practice." Elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures, the same word is used to ban wearing of clothing made up from two materials (like cotton-polyester in today's world), or having a tattoo, eating shrimp, eating pork, seeding lawns with a mixture of grass types, etc. None of the passages invoking "T'ebah" are valid for non-Jews today."

Edited by Steve_S
Removed external link.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I agree that homosexuality is an abomination in Gods eyes and I also see persecution for not accepting that lifestyle already.  Not to the extent that I believe it will be carried to but yes they are trying to shove it down our throats and perhaps that is why it is spoken of so much by christians, if the agenda wasnt there and we were not being force fed perhaps there would be alot less talk

Just now, Tea Ess said:

You interpret the Bible as strongly opposing homosexuality. 

When the word abomination is attached to a sin it isn't to be taken lightly. Homosexuality goes against the bible. If God wanted two men to be joined as one he would have created Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve. 

4 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Although the original Hebrew clearly refers to male-male sexual activity, both the Living Bible and New Living Translation refer to a prohibition of "homosexuality." This would include sex between two women -- a behavior not mentioned anywhere in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Throught the bible the man was given a command  from god first and then the man would  give the command to the woman.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

When the word abomination is attached to a sin it isn't to be taken lightly. Homosexuality goes against the bible. If God wanted two men to be joined as one he would have created Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve. 

Throught the bible the man was given a command  from god first and then the man would  give the command to the woman.

Do you follow the rest of the laws in the Old Testament, such as not wearing clothing of mixed fabric?