She Won't Stop Criticizing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

This unquestionably the responsibility of your husband. See that this is Gods order for this. Release your self from the pressure of it. I might of missed something here but has your husband ever made any attempt to deal with this. If not he needs to start this is on his shoulders not yours. Start by forgiving him for not being the man he should be for you. Next to Jesus you should be his priority. If your husband has any spiritual insight he should be able to see this. My prayer is that God will help you to release this burden. And that he would open your husbands eyes. And that your mother in law through this would see her need of Jesus. This could very well be the door for her.  God bless you. LADYKAY 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

LOL--- now dont be offended- but I know you have a little bit of a strong willed streak---  A wise old woman once told me to be careful about what hill I want to die on--- now from a purely practical standpoint- you will out live your Mom in law-- just be patient!

This is complacency and there are more people involved in this than just she. I don't think playing the doormat is something God wants us to become as he has granted us joy of being ourselves and plotting our path through life without allowing others to take that joy away from us. We are to live our lives in Gods grace is a example to the world of what Gods grace can offer the world and no one should allow a separate entity, no matter the relationship to disturb that. God uses who he will and Satan uses who he will.  How do we know Satan put this woman there as a stumbling block? We can not kowtow down to evil and anyone that would discourage giving of the heart, in my book is evil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

That is sort of what my husband does. He tells me to just agree with everything and tell her she is right and let it go. But me being me, I'm not very good at that. She has been asked to church and she won't go. 

That is denying the person you are in God and that to me is denying God even created you because when you do this you acknowledge her authority over her. You give her the idea that she can dictate to you your life and I don't think any Christian can do that with good conscience. Your husband is telling you to lie to this woman and degrade yourself in her presence to make your husbands life better than yours. I think you have a choice to make and and I think you need to go to your church for help doing it, because If you don't, it will explode of it's own accord because there is no upside to this for you. I would rather see you whole and with peaces of mind and a direction that will work for everyone, but I don't think this is possible if you lay down and take it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The Curse Of Meddling Mother-In-Laws

Most of the time it's sinful mothers who tamper in their daughter's or sons marriage. One of the main causes of divorce today in America and the western world and what is destroying many marriages is meddling mother-in-laws. Some mother-in-laws mean well, but many of them are just plain mean and even jealous. The Bible says “for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife.”

The Bible says in Mark 10:7, “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife.” The Greek word for “cleave” means “glued.” Literally, in God’s eyes two people are glued for life at marriage. It does not matter if you get married in city hall, at the bottom of the ocean, on the moon, or in a Church—marriages between one man and one woman are made in Heaven. Gay marriages are made in Hell, which is where homosexuals are going;

(1 Corinthians 6:9, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

A husband and wife are glued together at marriage in God’s eyes. The Bible says “for this cause”—for what cause?—so they can be glued to each other. That means mamas and papa's go home! That means mamas and papa's are NOT part of the marriage! That means fathers mind your own business, mother mind your own business, it's not your concern anymore!

If you disagree, then you are going against the Holy God of the Scriptures who said a husband and wife are to "LEAVE" mom and dad to be glued to their spouse instead, "FOREVER."