• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Oh give me a break; using Scripture to try to make a point?  Having an independent opinion is not bearing false witness and I resent your inference. The article is a lie and the only thing you'll get from this :th_frusty: is a headache.

I am not infering anything, I am saying flat out that I think you are bearing a false witness by calling the article a lie without supporting your accusation and I think it is wrong of you to do so.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

5 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I am not infering anything, I am saying flat out that I think you are bearing a false witness by calling the article a lie without supporting your accusation and I think it is wrong of you to do so.  

Did I accuse YOU of something?  How dare you say I am bearing false witness by stating my opinion.  I'm only accountable to my God, not to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

And you didn't answer my question MG.

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Did I accuse YOU of something?  How dare you say I am bearing false witness by stating my opinion.  I'm only accountable to my God, not to you.

Hey, it is just my opinion that you are bearing a false witness against the AP and the writer of the article in question.   Since it is just my opinion I am allowed to say whatever I want, without support.   I wish I had known this rule earlier, it could have saved me a lot of headaches. 

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The article is a lie.  The White House denies that they considered such a thing and it was not an official White House document.   It was a fake story.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The article is a lie.  The White House denies that they considered such a thing and it was not an official White House document.   It was a fake story.

Well, the problem with this statement is that the article claims neither of those things.  But, since you didn't read the article you would not know this.

The articles states the memo came from the DHS, not the White House.  In fact the title of the article states it was a DHS memo.

The article also never states or even implies that the White House considered doing "such a thing" (as if there is something inherently wrong with doing it), they simple report on what the memo contained.

So, I will challenge you like I did the other Trump followers, show me what words in the article are false or lies.

Here is it...https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830/AP-Exclusive:-DHS-weighed-Nat-Guard-for-immigration-roundups

I will be waiting for you to highlight the parts of the article that are false. 

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Well, the problem with this statement is that the article claims neither of those things.  But, since you didn't read the article you would not know this.

The articles states the memo came from the DHS, not the White House.  In fact the title of the article states it was a DHS memo.

The article also never states or even implies that the White House considered doing "such a thing" (as if there is something inherently wrong with doing it), they simple report on what the memo contained.

So, I will challenge you like I did the other Trump followers, show me what words in the article are false or lies.

Here is it...https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830/AP-Exclusive:-DHS-weighed-Nat-Guard-for-immigration-roundups

I will be waiting for you to highlight the parts of the article that are false. 

I don't have to highlight any part of the article that is false.  The entire story is false and is denied by the DHS.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/17/homeland-security-on-ap-s-national-guard-absolutely-incorrect.html

24 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't have to highlight any part of the article that is false.  The entire story is false and is denied by the DHS.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/17/homeland-security-on-ap-s-national-guard-absolutely-incorrect.html

The AP story was about the memo, so until the DHS says the memo was a forgery, the story cannot be false/fake.  Did the DHS say the memo was a forgery?

Here is the actual memo...https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3467508-Trump-National-Guard-Draft-Memo.html

Are you saying that this memo is a forgery?

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The AP story was about the memo, so until the DHS says the memo was a forgery, the story cannot be false/fake.  Did the DHS say the memo was a forgery?

Here is the actual memo...https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3467508-Trump-National-Guard-Draft-Memo.html

Are you saying that this memo is a forgery?

It's not about it being forgery. 

The memo was written before the Trump had even been inaugurated.   It was never seriously even considered.  What is being reported is that it was seriously considered, that there were plans afoot to use 100,000 Nat. Guard troops and that was simply not true.  That is what is fake about the story. 

“The Department is not considering mobilizing the National Guard,” said Gillian Christensen, the acting press secretary for DHS.

They also stated that it was written before Trump's inauguration.  It is not a serious document and is much ado about nothing.

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not about it being forgery. The memo was written before the Trump had even been inaugurated.  

The memo is dated Jan 25th, Trump was inaugurated on Jan 20th.  Jan 20th comes before Jan 25th.  The Memo has the exact title of the EO in it, so clearly it was written by someone with the knowledge of what the EO contained. 

It was never seriously even considered.  What is being reported is that it was seriously considered, that there were plans afoot to use 100,000 Nat. Guard troops and that was simply not true.  That is what is fake about the story. 

“The Department is not considering mobilizing the National Guard,” said Gillian Christensen, the acting press secretary for DHS.

This is what the Trump Admin is now saying, but you have no way of knowing if this is true.  But you choose to blindly trust this Admin with the same zeal that you distrusted the last. I would ask you to show me where the article claims it was under "serious consideration" but I know that would be a waste of time. 

They also stated that it was written before Trump's inauguration.  It is not a serious document and is much ado about nothing.

Regardless of when it was written (and it is dated after the inauguration) the memo has specific details in it relating to the EO.  It has the exact title and references the exact same laws and statutes and uses some of the very same verbiage.   So, whomever wrote the memo had access to the EO prior to it being released to the public.