• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, Heavenunlimited said:

Is it true, that there are demonic entities attached to rock music, music in general like each record you get a surprise demon as each one is invoked demons on from the get go? Same with can be in things? 

Yes absolutely. In fact there are instances of rock stars composing their songs through the demonic automatic writing. They say some entity just took over their hands and started writing the song for them.

I think Hotel California was one such example (Hotel California is a euphemism for Anton LaVey's first Church of Satan)

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

In Africa a Christian rock band came to play, and one of tribal men rushed to the stage and said, "Why are you calling the demons." This is the story I have heard, but honestly the music debate I believe is a matter of conscious, "But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning." (Romans 14:23). There are many who out of fear of this has strictures on music, I knew an Eastern Orthodox priest who was afraid of anyone getting emotional, so he allowed no cantoring or singing, I have been where only hymns are allowed, and I have been in the Hill Song inspired contemporary worship of Evangelical churches. I think it depends on how it effects your spiritual walk with the Savior and the Spirit. If it is harming you, causing you confusion, anxiety, and even anger, then it is not for you. Then there is concern if it is the appearance of evil, "Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:22 KJV). One can take dogmatic approach to this and say, "I will do nothing that appears evil," which isn't a bad attitude to have, but what if in Africa rock music is always Satanic, but in US and UK it can be Christian, then its only appearing evil in Africa and so it is there that you should refrain, and in other countries you may ordain or approve of it, this reminds me of the Apostle's other words, "1Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.[a] 22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin." (Romans 14:12-23). Granted Paul is talking about food here, but the point is it can be applied to anything we do. You may have no problem with Christian rock, but a brother who is visiting your house thinks rock is evil and Rastafarian. Then do not play in background rock music during that meeting.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

For those who have really have some type of interaction with the spiritual realm, either being harassed or troubled in some way would know that evil forces operates in ways that most men think are fantasy.  There are real spiritual forces operating in the world and uses all type of seduction and methods to enslave man to their ways.  For the Christian, he has have his armor on all the time.    Do you believe demons can posses inanimate  things ?. How you answer that question would give you your answer.

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

For those who have really have some type of interaction with the spiritual realm, either being harassed or troubled in some way would know that evil forces operates in ways that most men think are fantasy.  There are real spiritual forces operating in the world and uses all type of seduction and methods to enslave man to their ways.  For the Christian, he has have his armor on all the time.    Do you believe demons can posses inanimate  things ?. How you answer that question would give you your answer.

My concern is the tension. Yes there is a spiritual world and war (Ephesians 6:12), and yes there fallen angels and demons (Revelation 12:7-12), but I think it is dangerous to become occupied with fighting demons or worrying if you are being seduced, "For Greater is He (Christ Col 2:17, 1 Cor 3:16) who lives in me than he that lives in world," (1 John 4:4), "Submit there to God, resist the devil and he shall flee," (James 4:7), and "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." (Luke 10:19). Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance Ministry concerns me on one account, it makes people focused on demons and in my opinion can be greatest seduction of all, indirect worship of the demons by being overly concerned and fixated on them. But I also don't think we should pretend there isn't a spirit war, and enemy prowling around looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8-9). I prefer Chip Ingram's balanced approach, "Be aware there is spiritual war, fight when attack comes, but don't be preoccupied with it or looking for demon under every bush." (Spiritual Warfare Series, Chip Ingram).

Just now, Fidei Defensor said:

My concern is the tension. Yes there is a spiritual world and war (Ephesians 6:12), and yes there fallen angels and demons (Revelation 12:7-12), but I think it is dangerous to become occupied with fighting demons or worrying if you are being seduced, "For Greater is He (Christ Col 2:17, 1 Cor 3:16) who lives in me than he that lives in world," (1 John 4:4), "Submit there to God, resist the devil and he shall flee," (James 4:7), and "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." (Luke 10:19). Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance Ministry concerns me on one account, it makes people focused on demons and in my opinion can be greatest seduction of all, indirect worship of the demons by being overly concerned and fixated on them. But I also don't think we should pretend there isn't a spirit war, and enemy prowling around looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8-9). I prefer Chip Ingram's balanced approach, "Be aware there is spiritual war, fight when attack comes, but don't be preoccupied with it or looking for demon under every bush." (Spiritual Warfare Series, Chip Ingram).

I have heard this many time before and while i am with you in not preoccupying your time with worry and trusting in the scripture for your assurance, it nevertheless does not take away the initial fear, troubles and others that comes with spiritual attacks and the warfare that ensues.  I don't know if Mr. Ingram has been in spiritual warfare to get that first hand experience with the struggles that goes on, but I have and it could take you on places that you don't want to talk about.   I don't think a Christian wants to be embroiled in spiritual battles, but most of the time or i should say, all of the time you don't have a choice.  When events come knocking on your door, you have to have your armor on, but at the same time the battle is on.  Maybe that the Lord allow these things for his reason .    I often use the example of the man JOB and how his adversity came to him, you know the scenes, especially the very beginning of the book of JOB.  

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I have heard this many time before and while i am with you in not preoccupying your time with worry and trusting in the scripture for your assurance, it nevertheless does not take away the initial fear, troubles and others that comes with spiritual attacks and the warfare that ensues.  I don't know if Mr. Ingram has been in spiritual warfare to get that first hand experience with the struggles that goes on, but I have and it could take you on places that you don't want to talk about.   I don't think a Christian wants to be embroiled in spiritual battles, but most of the time or i should say, all of the time you don't have a choice.  When events come knocking on your door, you have to have your armor on, but at the same time the battle is on.  Maybe that the Lord allow these things for his reason .    I often use the example of the man JOB and how his adversity came to him, you know the scenes, especially the very beginning of the book of JOB.  

Well certainly we are at war, "Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil," (Matthew 4:1), "To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps," (1 Peter 2:21), "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world," (John 16:33), "We wanted very much to come to you, and I, Paul, tried again and again, but Satan prevented us," (1 Thessalonians 2:`8), "For we do not want you to be unaware, brethren, of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life; [e]indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead; 10 who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us, 11 you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many," (2 Corinthians 1:8-11), and then there is the most bizaree passage of all that will make every deliverance minister ponder, "or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).

I am very much involved in Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance, and so I've seen a lot (I was even apart of a delieverance of a bride of Satan who had became a Christian). I've Even seen Jesus vs Satan during my visit to Jerusalem, Israel. So I believe this war is real, but I think people need to keep their "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2).

I am very much involved in Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance, and so I've seen a lot

Certainly, we are to fix our eyes on things above and put our trust in the author and finisher of our faith.  I have not been in deliverance and any of those sort of things.  My journey has been mainly on a solo path where an event took place.  I then started to experience things that i never imagined existed.  I would not go into details, but my life has not been the same again.  If Ephesians 6 was not in the Bible, i imagine i would have had a difficult time relating to the existence of the spiritual realm, or maybe the Lord would have shown something else to confirm things.     Anyway, i don't delight in talking of these things, but would where the occasion arise, place a testimony of the reality so believers or those who go through the ordeal would know that they are not alone.  Also, the Bible says have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but in contrast expose them. Eph 5:11

27 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Certainly, we are to fix our eyes on things above and put our trust in the author and finisher of our faith.  I have not been in deliverance and any of those sort of things.  My journey has been mainly on a solo path where an event took place.  I then started to experience things that i never imagined existed.  I would not go into details, but my life has not been the same again.  If Ephesians 6 was not in the Bible, i imagine i would have had a difficult time relating to the existence of the spiritual realm, or maybe the Lord would have shown something else to confirm things.     Anyway, i don't delight in talking of these things, but would where the occasion arise, place a testimony of the reality so believers or those who go through the ordeal would know that they are not alone.  Also, the Bible says have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but in contrast expose them. Eph 5:11

There is many Bible verses that can encourage us that major spiritual experiences are normal, "I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell.That experience is worth boasting about, but I’m not going to do it. I will boast only about my weaknesses. If I wanted to boast, I would be no fool in doing so, because I would be telling the truth. But I won’t do it, because I don’t want anyone to give me credit beyond what they can see in my life or hear in my message, even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud." (2 Corinthians 1:2-7). :) 

So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud." (2 Corinthians 1:2-7). :)

You know this verse has many varied interpretation.  Some say a physical affliction, some say spiritual or some kind of spiritual affliction and others.  What is your take ?. 

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

You know this verse has many varied interpretation.  Some say a physical affliction, some say spiritual or some kind of spiritual affliction and others.  What is your take ?. 

I think its a real demon (in greek Paul uses Diamos which means demon, probably what is now called the spirit of infirmity), but paired with physical affliction, the eye disease he got on Road to Damascus (Acts 9). That raises a interesting point, is it a demon or just an affliction period or both? Very curious. I am going to do some study on this.

Edited by Fidei Defensor