• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

I have a question, how many of the prophecies God has revealed to you have come to fulfillment? What would happen to your faith were you wrong about this? What happens to those you witness to if your wrong about this? Why not go out and share the Gospel simply because it is the GOSPEL. Yes tomorrow is never a gaurantee, but why make predictions and such that you risk turning people away from God instead of drawing them in?

God Bless,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave,

I forgot to answer one of your questions. I have been teaching/preaching the gospel of grace and repentance for 40 years with much concentration on God's love and mercy and forgiveness, but in these days people are just not getting it. It is like it goes in one ear and out the other. God is now saying it is time for a stronger message. Notice in Isaiah 61:1-3 that it not only talks about a message of hope and deliverance but it also talks about a message of vengeance of our God. The problem with the church today is they want all "grace" messages, but they don't want to hear about the crucified life. Most don't and most preachers are preaching what people want to hear. All of this that I just said is scriptural. It is all prophesied about in scripture about people having ears to hear but not listening to the message and about them finding teachers who will say what their ears want to hear and about false teachers arising who say "nice" things and all "grace" and tell everyone that all is well and they don't have to worry about the judgment of God and now God is saying it is time for the message of his judgment which is also prophesied about in scripture, especially during these last days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have absolutely no conflict whatsoever with witnessing by using both God's love and his being Just. My point was more based on sticking with scripture as your source as opposed to personal revelation.

God Bless,

Dave

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think Dave has a point. In light of Gods word would it be correct to say that if something does not happen this easter or soon this would apply.

Deu 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously.

Edited by Shane

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Not to diminish the OP or anybody else's post here. But I was thinking last night that it is very easy to predict natural disasters like this.

We know, for example, that California is receiving a lot of rain, and that certain "natural disasters" (ie. mudslides) are going to result. We also know that as a consequence the Northwest is going to suffer a drought, and as a result of that the fire season will be particularly damaging this year to life and property. Perhaps even the fires themselves will spark another incident somewhere else.

The Bible promises us that the earth will suffer "birthpangs." But birthpangs in and of themselves are NOT the focus. What is a birthpang for, saints? It's to bring forth a child! The manchild in this age is the Bride of Christ, the corporate constituent of Christ Himself. All of creation is groaning and waiting for the revelations of the sons of God. That's us!

So I think that it is not wrong to have some discernment with these kinds of predictions. And the ones who bring forth these predictions should expect some pretty tough scrutiny. Otherwise it would be too easy for the church to receive some bogus predictions and some bogus "prophets." CFS wrote something about the message of grace being the real problem in the church. But the message of grace is directly connected to the message of the revelation of the sons of God! I believe that the "real problem" in the church is the many prophesies concerning certain natural disasters, etc., and those of us that automatically receive them without discerning them or the ones that deliver them.

Now, that being said, CFS, I have no reason to believe that you have not received these revelations. However, given the fact that certain natural disasters are going to occur anyway, I think that these visions do not confirm anything other than what is bound to happen. What distinguishes a genuine prediction for me is a certain timeline, or something that I can rely upon, that I know will be confirmation of the prediction. Call me the eternal skeptic. But a certain prediction is not going to cause me to preach the gospel any more or less than I already am. And to me the gospel is much more than getting people saved through whatever means: Be it "hellfire and brimstone" or the gospel of grace. Getting people saved is insufficient in our preparation of the Bride for His coming. We need to bring people into a deepened genuine love for the Lord Jesus - to cause Christians to consecrate themselves to Him, and to even be crazy for Him to the exclusion of anything else. And that is all accomplished through grace. You simply cannot scare someone into loving the Lord Jesus. It has to be done through His attracting, and through our teaching of the great unmerited love and favor of our great God.

I am not trying to diminish what you have written here at all, so please do not misunderstand. I just believe that a self-proclaimed prophet has a higher degree of responsibility in what he/she says, and should be discerned by the church carefully.

Much Grace,

~O

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I think Dave has a point. In light of Gods word would it be correct to say that if something does not happen this easter or soon this would apply.

Deu 18:22  when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As you probably know, many of the prophesies in the Bible have dual fulfillments. The revelations God has given me are based on those prophesies of scripture. As far as the Easter thing is concerned, again, I am not saying that it will be this Easter. I am saying that I personally am sensing that it could be this Easter. I think it is important that you understand I am not prophesying an exact date here. I think the bottom line here is that the listeners understand there is a sense of urgency and that it is soon. All I can tell you is what God tells me. And, you can not discern this through your own reasoning or intellect. I have asked that you go to God and his word in your personal time with him and that you ask him to show you if this is true or not.

One of the jobs of a prophet is to take the word of God and make it practical to our lives. God does this through the prophet by giving him understanding of the scriptures for today's audience. God has given me understanding of the scriptures for today's audience and I have shared it with you, because he wants me to warn you that this is coming. It is a sure thing. The only thing that can change it is if the church repents and we see a massive revival in our land. God does change his mind sometimes when he sees people repent, like he did with Nineveh. So, basically, Jonah's prophecy did not come true. So, there are exceptions to that scripture about a prophets words not coming true.

"Soon" is relative to God's timetable. All I am doing is passing along the message. The point here is not for you to examine from your own understanding whether or not it is true, but to take it to God and ask him to show you. Even David Wilkerson is saying the same stuff. I just read an article on here by him. So many people are saying the same thing. It would behoove each one of us to go to God and ask him to show us why so many people are saying this. Just ask him if this is coming and if it is soon and then let him speak to you through his word. He will tell you.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I have absolutely no conflict whatsoever with witnessing by using both God's love and his being Just. My point was more based on sticking with scripture as your source as opposed to personal revelation.

God Bless,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave,

I have shared scripture after scripture after scripture on this site, not necessarily all under this post, but many many scriptures that point to what I have been describing to you.

When I am faced with something that I hear from someone and I hear it from many people especially, I want to know if it is true, so I ask God to show me and he does. Some things are obvious, others are not. I can support everything I am sharing with the scriptures God spoke to me through, but I can not be the Holy Spirit to anyone. My job is just to get out the message. It is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict people's hearts. It is not my job to convince. That is the job of the Holy Spirit. So, just ask God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Since I have had no personal revelation of a prophecy, just watching the signs of the times, and staying informed on what is going on in the world. And of course being led by the Spirit of God who speaks to my heart that Judgment is coming soon.

What does it make me do. I haven't prepared any food. However, I have a fire to work. I just put up a site for a group with the fundamentals of christianity teaching on it. I witness more often than I ever did before. There is more of an urgency to work, give, witness and do something for Jesus. Rather than being the complacent christian I have been at times in my walk.

I was part of a group where one person and his whole family was slaughtered for witnessing, I have been threatened with bodily harm myself. But I have to witness.

That is what I am doing.

Edited by Sir W Dakotah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Don't any of this scare you guys? I love Jesus. I love Him so much. He's done so much for me and I know that I could not repay what He's done. I can't wait for this world to be what He showed me so many years ago. I can't wait to be in His presense again. But there is still a part of me that is afraid of what I know have to happen before He comes. I'm not afraid for me. I am His child. No matter what I will be with Him. I'm afraid for the people that I love that is not saved. I'm afraid for the people who I watch on the street who seem so clueless of what is to come. I'm afraid for the people who think that they have tomorrow to give their lives to Christ. I know that there have to be apart of you guys even though your saved thats afriad when you see revelation being for filled right before your eyes.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, Jonah's prophecy didn't come to pass for a very specific reason -

The people of Ninevah fasted and prayed and cried out to the LORD to turn His wrath away from them.

That's what makes it different.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would also like to add that Jonah's word was received and believed by the people of Ninevah probably because he looked like death warmed over having been in the big fish for three days!

I say this because the one thing that is missing from every "doom" prophecy is something that can be seen as verification to the prophetic word.

And since the interpretation of the word is open to question, then :huh: .

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

And since the interpretation of the word is open to question, then  :24: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:huh: